PDA

View Full Version : Heels' 3rd team cruises to victory

buzz
11-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Apparently, Roy was so disgusted with his team's performance that he put in the third team against Shaw. Let's hope it's a trend...

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/697731.html

JasonEvans
11-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I really, really hope we get to see Patrick Moody, Marc Campbell, Mike Copeland, J.B. Tanner and Surry Wood against us ;)

-Jason

wisteria
11-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Is UNC developing a habit of early season sloppiness? Coz I remember they were having the same issue this time last year. Ah well, I just hope they can keep developing their end-of-tournament-game meltdown habit. :) (sorry, can't help it)

gethlives
11-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Jason:

I really hope you get to see those players as well when Duke plays Carolina. Trust me that will be a very good sign for the Heels.

Lord Ash
11-04-2007, 04:58 PM
I think it would be a rather BAD sign. You really think that Carolina losing by 30 to Duke and putting in their scrubs is a GOOD thing for the Heels?

Very strange people hanging around these boards.

I did think it was pretty crazy that UNC has 15 players. I guess I always thought there were fewer on a team.

JBDuke
11-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I think it would be a rather BAD sign. You really think that Carolina losing by 30 to Duke and putting in their scrubs is a GOOD thing for the Heels?

Very strange people hanging around these boards.

I did think it was pretty crazy that UNC has 15 players. I guess I always thought there were fewer on a team.

Those five players at the end of the bench are the means by which Carolina gets around the 15 scholarship limit on cheerleaders. If you'll notice, these basketball "scrubs" are the ones leading the Carolina bench as they bounce around, foaming at the mouth, and yelling to the crowd when Hansblah makes a free throw. They wear uniforms and warmups as a pretense, so that they can be considered part of the basketball team, but it's really a scandalous attempt to add more cheerleaders than the NCAA allows.

Someone should really look into this. It's a disgrace that it has been allowed to go on this long.

Jumbo
11-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, Duke has 13 this year and has had more than that in the past. I think only 15 can dress for a game. I know some Ivy teams have had like 18 guys on a roster, with the last few spots being rotated to dress.

hondoheel
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I really, really hope we get to see Patrick Moody, Marc Campbell, Mike Copeland, J.B. Tanner and Surry Wood against us ;)

-Jason

The funniest part of this is that Mike Copeland is better than Zoubek and Thomas.

Jumbo
11-04-2007, 11:22 PM
The funniest part of this is that Mike Copeland is better than Zoubek and Thomas.

Did you hit your head on something?

Lavabe
11-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Cry, Roy, cry!

Cheers,
Lavabe

sandinmyshoes
11-05-2007, 06:48 AM
This thread is starting to read like an IC or TDD thread.

Lord Ash
11-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I suppose that is what happens when Carolina fans show up. They are a strange and rather disagreeable bunch.

sandinmyshoes
11-05-2007, 07:49 AM
I am afraid that a visit to TDD will disabuse us of the notion that it is all the fault of UNC fans. In fairness, TDD and IC are not even the worst I have stumbled across. There is one NCSU site, the name escapes me but it is not PackPride, that was the worst. Overall I suppose it is just the reality of the scout type of free boards no matter the school.

Generally DBR has always been less juvenile regardless of any other faults.

gethlives
11-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Since I was one of the first Carolina fans to post a snarky response, I think it is also my duty to compliment the DBR Board as always containing some of the most intelligent discussions of basketball out there. I think it is still a legacy of the difficult posting of the past.

As for Copeland being better than Zoubek, well, I'm not sure about that but I think Surry Wood could post up Marty Pocious any time.

throatybeard
11-05-2007, 11:31 AM
It's not the starters' fault; Roy just asked too much from them. No one's fresh when they've been lifting manhole covers and deflating basketballs all day.

Lord Ash
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
*snicker*

I have to admit I've only been to the devils den (not the bar) once; it seemed fairly similar to IC, which is just full of annoying teenagers and yokels.

This place has always been very nice; rather mature.

throatybeard
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
TDD is also about 35-40% UNC fans.

hondoheel
11-05-2007, 08:41 PM
^Hard to believe they haven't banned everyone yet. I don't know of any IC posters who can post at TDD.

throatybeard
11-05-2007, 08:50 PM
^Hard to believe they haven't banned everyone yet. I don't know of any IC posters who can post at TDD.

Now you're just being a homer, my friend. Plenty of UNC posters there. It takes very little to get banned as a Duke poster at IC though.

Now, since Scout moved to the new horrible software for the boards, I do think moderation at TDD has gotten a bit more stringent. If that's what you're talking about I agree with you.

hondoheel
11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Well, I see Duke posters at IC post and get away with things that would have resulted in immediate and permanent banishment at TDD. I was banned long ago for saying "The ACC is 29-1!" when Duke had just happened to lose the first game by any ACC team against a nonconference opponent that year.