PDA

View Full Version : For the Football Folks: SBN’s FanPulse

-jk
07-19-2019, 11:33 AM
SBN if introducing FanPulse for college football. There’s a post describing it (https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2019/7/19/20700692/sign-up-new-sb-nation-fanpulse-top-25-duke-blue-devils) on the main page.

This season, we’re making our own poll — a brand new SB Nation NCAA Football Top 25 — that will pull together the insights of the most plugged-in Blue Devil fans. So that means we need the most plugged in, the most knowledgeable Duke fans to participate.

To participate, you’ll need to have an SBN login of the sort that lets you comment on the front page (register here (https://auth.voxmedia.com/signup?return_to=https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/) if you don’t have one) - it’s separate from your login for the boards here.

-jk

OldPhiKap
07-19-2019, 01:04 PM
I nominate Bob Green to be a poll of one.

-jk
07-19-2019, 04:28 PM
I nominate Bob Green to be a poll of one.

Bob would be good, certainly! But I think we have a bunch more football fans would could add value.

Don't be shy!

-jk

Bob Green
07-23-2019, 08:10 PM
I'm definitely interested in participating in this poll and encourage all the DBR football fanatics to get involved. This seems like a more the merrier activity.

-jk
08-07-2019, 10:41 PM
SBN would love for us to get at least 100 members to sign up.

College football is just around the corner, and it’s time to get excited. The Blue Devils get the 2019 season underway on August 31st against [gulp] Alabama, and as we get closer polls will start to come out.

This season, we’re making our own poll — a brand new SB Nation NCAA Football Top 25 — that will pull together the insights of the most plugged-in Blue Devil fans. So that means we need the most plugged in, the most knowledgeable Duke fans to participate.

Don’t worry about not knowing enough!

-jk

OldPhiKap
08-08-2019, 07:02 AM
Don’t worry about not knowing enough!

-jk

You rang?

Let me give some thought and I’ll put in my two cents soon!

Acymetric
08-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Definitely encourage people to participate in this...theoretically might help give some visibility to the football team if some of the stuff from the Duke fan polls get published in any national articles. Especially with 'Bama coming up.

OldPhiKap
08-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Ok, in although I really have not looked at much yet this year.

Poll only went down to e0 and did not see us listed.

Bob Green
09-03-2019, 04:22 PM
For those who signed up, did you submit updates? I moved Alabama to #1 based on strong wide receiver performance against Duke. That dropped Clemson to #2. While Travis Etienne was dominant, Trevor Lawrence looked shaky.

I also moved Virginia up to #25 based on their strong win over Pitt. Iowa State needed 3OT to beat Northern Iowa and that dropped them out of my top 25.

rtnorthrup
09-03-2019, 06:53 PM
For those who signed up, did you submit updates? I moved Alabama to #1 based on strong wide receiver performance against Duke. That dropped Clemson to #2. While Travis Etienne was dominant, Trevor Lawrence looked shaky.

I also moved Virginia up to #25 based on their strong win over Pitt. Iowa State needed 3OT to beat Northern Iowa and that dropped them out of my top 25.

It's as good a WR trio as I can remember in college football, and they have a potential Heisman winner throwing it to them.

-jk
09-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Thanks!

And folks can still sign up to play (https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2019/7/19/20700692/sign-up-new-sb-nation-fanpulse-top-25-duke-blue-devils)!

-jk

Bob Green
09-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Lots of movement in the bottom half of the poll with losses by Syracuse, Nebraska, Washington and Stanford plus Army taking Michigan to overtime.

For others submitting poll inputs, it would be interesting to trade thoughts here on who is in and who is out.

Newton_14
09-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Lots of movement in the bottom half of the poll with losses by Syracuse, Nebraska, Washington and Stanford plus Army taking Michigan to overtime.

For others submitting poll inputs, it would be interesting to trade thoughts here on who is in and who is out.
I signed up since I have like PLENTY of time these days. So I guess I will get to start chiming in next week ...

Bob Green
09-15-2019, 11:55 AM
Here is my Top 25 after Week 3:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Auburn
8. Florida
9. Utah
10. Notre Dame
11. Wisconsin
12. UCF
13. Texas
14. Penn State
15. Oregon
16. Texas A&M
17. Washington State
18. Iowa
19. Michigan
20. Boise State
21. Virginia
22. California
23. Washington
24. Army
25. Arizona State

AustinDevil
09-15-2019, 05:01 PM
Duke received 4 votes in the coaches’ poll this week FYI.

Bob Green
09-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Duke received 4 votes in the coaches’ poll this week FYI.

Updated Sagarin rankings have Duke at 52. Our next three opponents:

Virginia Tech - 85
Pittsburgh - 42
Georgia Tech - 88

We absolutely need to win two of three if not all three.

Pghdukie
09-15-2019, 07:39 PM
On Bob Green's recommendation, I have joined the weekly Poll.