PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Dept Sale 5/3/2019

weezie
05-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Here's your chance to get an authentic football uniform.

Big sale:
The Duke University Athletics Department will hold a surplus sale Friday, May 3 in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The sale will get started at 7 a.m. and go until approximately 6 p.m. or while supplies last.

Items for sale include shoes, jerseys, warm-up sets, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, polos, shorts, bags, t-shirts, hats and more. Sizes range from XS-4XT.

Cash and credit cards will be accepted. All sales are final as no exchanges or returns will be allowed.

Free parking will be available in the Science Drive Garage (GPS address: 3100 Cameron Blvd.).
2019 Surplus Sale Pricing List

Bags- $15
Coats/Parkas- $35
Game Pieces- $30 (non-football/basketball)
Basketball Reversible- $25
Basketball Practice Shorts- $30
Basketball Game Shorts - $50
Football Uniform- $50
Hats- $10
Light Jackets- $20
Polos- $15
Socks- $5
Shoes- $45
Shorts- $15
Sports Bras/Compression Shorts- $10
Sweatshirts- $20
Sweatpants- $15
Swimsuits- $20
T-Shirts/Tank Tops- $10
Warm-up Set- $35
Padded Compression Shorts/Kneepads/Elbow pads- $10

CrazyNotCrazie
05-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Here's your chance to get an authentic football uniform.

Big sale:
The Duke University Athletics Department will hold a surplus sale Friday, May 3 in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The sale will get started at 7 a.m. and go until approximately 6 p.m. or while supplies last.

Items for sale include shoes, jerseys, warm-up sets, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, polos, shorts, bags, t-shirts, hats and more. Sizes range from XS-4XT.

Cash and credit cards will be accepted. All sales are final as no exchanges or returns will be allowed.

Free parking will be available in the Science Drive Garage (GPS address: 3100 Cameron Blvd.).
2019 Surplus Sale Pricing List

Bags- $15
Coats/Parkas- $35
Game Pieces- $30 (non-football/basketball)
Basketball Reversible- $25
Basketball Practice Shorts- $30
Basketball Game Shorts - $50
Football Uniform- $50
Hats- $10
Light Jackets- $20
Polos- $15
Socks- $5
Shoes- $45
Shorts- $15
Sports Bras/Compression Shorts- $10
Sweatshirts- $20
Sweatpants- $15
Swimsuits- $20
T-Shirts/Tank Tops- $10
Warm-up Set- $35
Padded Compression Shorts/Kneepads/Elbow pads- $10

I completely understand why they don't, but I really wish they would do these sales online for those of us who are nowhere near Durham

mkirsh
05-02-2019, 05:07 PM
I completely understand why they don't, but I really wish they would do these sales online for those of us who are nowhere near Durham

With that in mind, if anyone is going and willing to pick me up basketball game shorts or a practice jersey please PM me. Thanks

WiJoe
05-02-2019, 07:50 PM

totally agree

uh_no
05-02-2019, 11:55 PM

logistical issues aside, they don't need to. last time i got there 30 mins after it opened, and the place was 100% picked through. it's like the wild west.

needless to say, i'll be there :) I need athletic equipment for the next 3 years! some great deals to be had.

aimo
05-03-2019, 11:51 AM
logistical issues aside, they don't need to. last time i got there 30 mins after it opened, and the place was 100% picked through. it's like the wild west.

needless to say, i'll be there :) I need athletic equipment for the next 3 years! some great deals to be had.

I know before they let athletic dept staff go first. That's why the best stuff was gone before the public got in there. I've nabbed some great deals in the past, but they've upped their prices.

UrinalCake
05-03-2019, 01:02 PM

The whole point is to get rid of all the stuff that didn’t sell online. Duke Stores is still a relatively small operation, it’s easier to just dump all this stuff on some folding tables and let the vultures go at it.

aimo
05-03-2019, 02:59 PM
The whole point is to get rid of all the stuff that didn’t sell online. Duke Stores is still a relatively small operation, it’s easier to just dump all this stuff on some folding tables and let the vultures go at it.

This is not Duke Stores. This is the athletic dept selling off leftover gear. They started doing this a number of years ago. I've scored buying stuff off the volleyball table b/c they had tall sizes. Also got some great court shoes and tennis skirts leftover from the women's tennis team. Some stuff has Duke on them, others not.

UrinalCake
05-03-2019, 07:12 PM
This is not Duke Stores. This is the athletic dept selling off leftover gear.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. That makes more sense. How much are Zion’s shoes going for? Probably not much, since they can’t even last a whole game. I know, too soon....

Dukehky
05-03-2019, 11:51 PM

I fear if they were to do that, it would just turn into a bidding war, it would also likely have more traffic than they would want to handle.

I don't like in the area, but I also don't mind that it's just another way Duke is doing things for the local community. Certainly would be cool to grab a pair of shorts for $15, but it's just one of those things, as you said.

Turk
05-06-2019, 02:59 PM
I am "intrigued", as they say.

I presume all this stuff is all Nike branded and provided at no (direct) cost to Duke as part of its contract with the athletic department.

I have a picture in mind of a big Nike yard sale with a bunch of cafeteria tables to get rid of all the leftovers in the closets and drawers, as part of ending the school year and getting ready for next fall's swag. (because you know there will be several new flavors of unis and practice gear, each year, every year).

The value would be in clearing the shelves, not making any real money. The athletic department probably nets a couple grand that in the grand scheme of things is not much more than spare change in the couch cushions. Hope they buy the managers and staff a bunch of pizzas and beer or something.

I for one, would enjoy trying on a pair of 4XT sweats / warmup pants for laughs. And which athletes would need XS sizes?

That said, I would probably sell a surplus young Turk for an official "Duke Brotherhood" clothing item of sort, and would mark my calendar for next year...

WiJoe
05-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Since they likely did not sell anything with iconic ball and basket inside "iron D," or "brotherhood" logo stuff, I've lost interest. Don't need any black sh*t, either. Or grey. Or any other non-Duke color. During last trip to campus, for 2018 basketball dinner, snagged nice blue 2010 championship shirt for $3. It's a nike product, so who knows how long that will last.

aimo
05-06-2019, 03:52 PM
I am "intrigued", as they say.

I presume all this stuff is all Nike branded .
Not all Nike. I have bought Under Armor compression pants and tennis skirts, Adidas shorts, Croc flip flops, etc.

Turk
05-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Not all Nike. I have bought Under Armor compression pants and tennis skirts, Adidas shorts, Croc flip flops, etc.

Now I am even more intrigued (or perhaps ill-informed) about what's included or not in the Nike deal.

Perhaps I jumped to conclusions about all Duke athletic teams having to be 100% Nike. Maybe it's just the unis, warmups, bags, and such. I guess no one would care (or it's not in the contract) if DUAA buys a bunch of Under Armor compression pants without a Duke logo or aren't branded in any other way.

aimo
05-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Now I am even more intrigued (or perhaps ill-informed) about what's included or not in the Nike deal.

Perhaps I jumped to conclusions about all Duke athletic teams having to be 100% Nike. Maybe it's just the unis, warmups, bags, and such. I guess no one would care (or it's not in the contract) if DUAA buys a bunch of Under Armor compression pants without a Duke logo or aren't branded in any other way.

At least one of the tennis skirts was Under Armor w/ Duke logo. And I have an awesome long-sleeved micro-fiber Under Armor shirt with Duke Lacrosse on it. I can't imagine that they would be committed to buying every single piece of clothing for every sport from Nike.

Are you, yet, even MORE intrigued?

msdukie
05-06-2019, 10:45 PM
The transition to Duke being an all-sports Nike school was only complete in fall semester 2011. The surplus sale sells lots of old stuff (there were basketball shorts going back to the 90s shown on social media). That's the reason non-Nike stuff was sold. The only non-Nike products used by the athletic department are generally things that Nike doesn't make (such as batting helmets, which they stopped making) or on rare occasions when Nike makes products that the sport's coaches think is substantially inferior to other manufacturers.

uh_no
05-07-2019, 03:20 AM
The transition to Duke being an all-sports Nike school was only complete in fall semester 2011. The surplus sale sells lots of old stuff (there were basketball shorts going back to the 90s shown on social media). That's the reason non-Nike stuff was sold. The only non-Nike products used by the athletic department are generally things that Nike doesn't make (such as batting helmets, which they stopped making) or on rare occasions when Nike makes products that the sport's coaches think is substantially inferior to other manufacturers.

if only K would stop turning a blind eye to the shoes :D :D

Turk
05-07-2019, 07:45 AM
Are you, yet, even MORE intrigued?

Not any more. msdukie completely and thoroughly put this one to bed. Give him an assist for setting up uh_no for a shoe joke too!

yancem
05-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Yeah, I've noticed that the lacrosse teams wears an assortment of brands' protective gear and sticks/heads. Mike has their own line for everything but helemts but I don't think much more fun it stacks up very well against warrior, stx, brine and maverik. And that doesn't even count new up starts like ecd, string king, epoch and dragonfly. Under armour also has their own line but plays second fiddle to the lacrosse only companies too.