PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Light is gone

tteettimes
04-04-2019, 02:27 PM
But we still have our memories
Started cruising BL when I first got my drivers license and Dad let me have the car
I’ll never forget Leroy bringing me a Shiltz beer...after asking me for ID 🤪......I was only sixteen
Ahhh those are some wonderful....if unbelievable....memories......

But it all dug up now.....foundation for the new has begun

Here’s to those memories 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🤗🤗🤗

budwom
04-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Schlitz?

tteettimes
04-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Schlitz?

Yeah......was a long time ago.....can’t remember how it was spelled back then 🤭🤭

JStuart
04-04-2019, 03:30 PM
But we still have our memories
Started cruising BL when I first got my drivers license and Dad let me have the car
I’ll never forget Leroy bringing me a Shiltz beer...after asking me for ID 🤪...I was only sixteen
Ahhh those are some wonderful...if unbelievable...memories...

But it all dug up now....foundation for the new has begun

Here’s to those memories 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🤗🤗🤗

Could it be coincidence that after it closed down December 31, our team just didn't play as well?
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
JStuart

budwom
04-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Yeah...was a long time ago....can’t remember how it was spelled back then 🤭🤭

in my early beer drinking days, I think it was the #2 brand in the U.S, but they managed to squander that somehow...

weezie
04-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah...was a long time ago....can’t remember how it was spelled back then 🤭🤭

Probably a thousand too many beers...:cool:

fuse
04-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Probably a thousand too many beers...:cool:

Please explain “too many beers” 🤔🤪🤣🍻

weezie
04-04-2019, 11:06 PM

A thousand at one sitting maybe? That's too many.

YmoBeThere
04-04-2019, 11:43 PM
Ahh, beer and other things from the Quik Shop...

BigWayne
04-05-2019, 04:25 AM

24 in one day is the most I could ever manage. That was probably too many.

devildeac
04-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Ahh, beer and other things from the Quik Shop...

What are these "other things" of which you post? :rolleyes:

devildeac
04-05-2019, 09:35 AM
24 in one day is the most I could ever manage. That was probably too many.

I think 6 in one day is my "most."

weezie
04-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Easily twelve but at the beach and starting around breakfast when I was muuuuuuuch younger.

TruBlu
04-05-2019, 10:14 AM

There was a time when I called that breakfast. Usually consumed while playing early morning tennis. Getting married and having kids tends to change things. Fortunately, there are no lingering effects such as short term memory loss. Fortunately, there are no lingering effects such as short term memory loss. Have I mentioned that I used to drink a lot of beer?

Just curious, was there a “Blue Light Special”? If not, it was a lost opportunity.

devildeac
04-05-2019, 10:17 AM
There was a time when I called that breakfast. Usually consumed while playing early morning tennis. Getting married and having kids tends to change things. Fortunately, there are no lingering effects such as short term memory loss. Fortunately, there are no lingering effects such as short term memory loss. Have I mentioned that I used to drink a lot of beer?

Just curious, was there a “Blue Light Special”? If not, it was a lost opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k_ZRyws8Uc

JStuart
04-05-2019, 12:30 PM

My aging memory recalls that in North Carolina, only 3.2% beer was sold until the late 70's, when 'liquor-by-the-drink' was first allowed (county options).
Thus, 6 Schlitz' wouldn't have been too traumatic on 25 year old livers.
Currently, those Belgian Ales in the 9% range are a challenge to my hepatocytes.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Easily twelve but at the beach and starting around breakfast when I was muuuuuuuch younger.

Weezie, I had no idea you were such a lush (but wish I did ;):rolleyes:)!

I don't know my answer, probably less than Weezie's dozen, but not by much. Certainly way less than DukeTaylor's number, which would be waaaaaaay more than 12. Heck, that's just the front 9 on a hot day! :cool:

devildeac
04-05-2019, 01:20 PM
My aging memory recalls that in North Carolina, only 3.2% beer was sold until the late 70's, when 'liquor-by-the-drink' was first allowed (county options).
Currently, those Belgian Ales in the 9% range are a challenge to my hepatocytes.

You'll have to try some of those imperial stouts in the >12% range :eek:.

weezie
04-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Weezie, I had no idea you were such a lush (but wish I did ;):rolleyes:)!

At the beach and 21 years old ? Yes indeed. And I'd always enjoy a few chocolate chip cookies along the way.

Chocolate chip cookies and beer...how I miss those days.

budwom
04-06-2019, 09:17 AM

yup, that beer was just awful. I worked at the Holiday Inn in Durham for a brief period, and when harried out of state travellers showed up in the "bar" looking for a mixed drink or three, they were most definitely traumatized...

devildeac
04-06-2019, 11:16 AM

A bit of history from Fullsteam about the North Carolina Pop The Cap campaign:

https://www.fullsteam.ag/mission/pop-the-cap

"For seventy years, North Carolina had imposed a 6% ABV restriction on beer sold and brewed within the state. Only four other states -- West Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, and Mississippi -- had such a severe restriction."

BLPOG
04-09-2019, 08:54 PM
A bit of history from Fullsteam about the North Carolina Pop The Cap campaign:

https://www.fullsteam.ag/mission/pop-the-cap

"For seventy years, North Carolina had imposed a 6% ABV restriction on beer sold and brewed within the state. Only four other states -- West Virginia, South Carolina, Alabama, and Mississippi -- had such a severe restriction."

That's slightly misleading - some other states have conditional ABV restrictions (that are lower) depending on the point of sale and/or consumption (e.g. Colorado* and Utah (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Utah)).

*Recently revised (https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/16/full-strength-beer-colorado-grocery-stores-new-years-day/).