PDA

View Full Version : Two Glorious Moments

UVa1981
04-01-2019, 03:15 PM
There were two glorious moments in this tourney for me.

The first came when Krzyzewski embraced Johnny Dawkins at mid-court after the UCF game had ended. I watched the Dawkins class play in U Hall back in the '80s when I was still in law school. I knew the ACC was in for trouble.

The second moment is similar and came when Tony Bennett embraced his father after our Elite Eight game. For those of you who aren't aware, Dick Bennett generally doesn't even watch UVa games, let alone go. But Tony was with Dick when Dick broke through to the Final Four, and so it appears that Dick wanted to "close the loop."

Color me maudlin, but seeing the coach/player connection flourish is heartwarming to me.

MartyClark
04-01-2019, 03:28 PM
There were two glorious moments in this tourney for me.

The first came when Krzyzewski embraced Johnny Dawkins at mid-court after the UCF game had ended. I watched the Dawkins class play in U Hall back in the '80s when I was still in law school. I knew the ACC was in for trouble.

The second moment is similar and came when Tony Bennett embraced his father after our Elite Eight game. For those of you who aren't aware, Dick Bennett generally doesn't even watch UVa games, let alone go. But Tony was with Dick when Dick broke through to the Final Four, and so it appears that Dick wanted to "close the loop."

Color me maudlin, but seeing the coach/player connection flourish is heartwarming to me.

Nah, you are not maudlin. I love seeing the human element in this big money, high pressure tournament. I though both moments were great.