PDA

View Full Version : Sorry we didn't bring one home for the league....

anm
03-29-2019, 11:15 AM
I think our guys were emotionally drained, moreso than physically. It's been a tough week for them and I think Mann was simply running on empty after his effort against Cinderella. It would have helped to have Cofer and Nichols, but Gonzaga was probably the better team either way. Obviously, depending on Kabengele's decision, we could still be pretty good, next year. We'll miss Mann's leadership and Koumadje's presence in the paint, but we still have some promising you guns coming back.

We FSU fans are proud of our season as we assuredly don't have the high hoop expectations of Duke, but we enjoyed the ride, none the less.

Good luck the rest of the tourney and thanks for your hospitality and previously mentioned charity.

Now....On to football!!!!

wsb3
03-29-2019, 11:21 AM
I think our guys were emotionally drained, moreso than physically. It's been a tough week for them and I think Mann was simply running on empty after his effort against Cinderella. It would have helped to have Cofer and Nichols, but Gonzaga was probably the better team either way. Obviously, depending on Kabengele's decision, we could still be pretty good, next year. We'll miss Mann's leadership and Koumadje's presence in the paint, but we still have some promising you guns coming back.

We FSU fans are proud of our season as we assuredly don't have the high hoop expectations of Duke, but we enjoyed the ride, none the less.

Good luck the rest of the tourney and thanks for your hospitality and previously mentioned charity.

Now...On to football!!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to hear from you again. I thought last night the game was right for you guys to come back and take it but it seemed FSU rushed every offensive possession during that crucial stretch.

Reddevil
03-29-2019, 11:22 AM

Now...On to football!!!!

You guys were a "load" this year - very hard to beat, and only by very good teams (usually). Gonzaga was better last night, and may be the best. Florida State was one of those teams no one wanted to play. I too was hoping this would turn into the ACC tourney part two -- check that, ABC! Good job Seminoles.

MCFinARL
03-29-2019, 11:39 AM

Now...On to football!!!!

Agree your team has had a hard week. And Gonzaga, to be honest, looks like a team that will be very hard for anyone to beat. But your guys have always been scrappers, and they fought to the end. Thanks for the good wishes--see you next year.

budwom
03-29-2019, 11:51 AM
to me the difference was Kabengele's poor showing...I think he's a heck of a player (if Leonard gives me his job, he'll be the starter, not Koumadje) but he was ineffective last night...good comeback though...

1991 duke law
03-29-2019, 11:53 AM
My daughter is a wahoo and my niece is a ‘nole. I was rooting for you guys.

kAzE
03-29-2019, 11:55 AM
Unfortunate that Florida State had to deal with some injuries and missing Cofer. It was a very good and likeable team, though. Leonard Hamilton is a great coach, and that group of seniors should be proud of what they accomplished together.

If we had to face a ACC team in the Sweet 16, I'm glad we got VA Tech instead of FL State as our 4 seed.

DukieInKansas
03-29-2019, 11:58 AM
You should be proud of your team. They had a great season. Was pulling for them last night.

jv001
03-29-2019, 11:59 AM

Now...On to football!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes. Your team never gave up and I was really impressed with Forrest. He left it all on the court last night. Good luck next season but just not against Duke. Beat the cheaters every time you play them in every sport. GoDuke!

OldPhiKap
03-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Thanks for posting and please continue to do so down the road. Hope the football team turns things around.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-29-2019, 02:30 PM
]

Now...On to football!!!!

You should have pretty high expectations though....for years, FSU has been tall, deep, talented....and certainly were again this year. No one really wanted to see FSU in their bracket.....

PackMan97
03-29-2019, 02:35 PM
You should have pretty high expectations though...for years, FSU has been tall, deep, talented...and certainly were again this year. No one really wanted to see FSU in their bracket....

NC State fans would have loved to see FSU in their bracket. Actually, we would have loved to see anyone in our bracket.

*sobs*