PDA

View Full Version : Nassir Little has the flu

UrinalCake
03-28-2019, 02:18 PM
Not to worry though, I was assured by multiple UNC-CHeat fans a month ago that any team who cannot withstand the loss of a single player is not deserving of a title, and if they lose then it is the coach's fault for not developing any depth.

Carolina Basketball
‏@UNC_Basketball

Carolina freshman forward Nassir Little will not practice today due to illness (flulike symptoms). He did not practice yesterday in Chapel Hill and his status for Friday’s game vs. Auburn is questionable. He will not be available today for interviews.

FerryFor50
03-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Not to worry though, I was assured by multiple UNC-CHeat fans a month ago that any team who cannot withstand the loss of a single player is not deserving of a title, and if they lose then it is the coach's fault for not developing any depth.

Good thing for them that this isn't their most important player. Just some lowly 5 star they've buried on their bench most of the year.

W&LHoo
03-28-2019, 02:27 PM
Honestly, that might help Carolina. Little has a terrible habit of finding the worst, most contested, shot he can toward the end of the clock and taking it before he even considers passing.

Steven43
03-28-2019, 02:29 PM

What exactly is the deal with that? I heard the EXACT SAME THING said by my daughter (a UNC freshman), my teenage son’s best friend (his parents both earned graduate degrees from UNC and have brainwashed their kids into loving all things UNC), and a friend of mine (a UNC grad). Does UNC send out anti-Duke talking points to its fans so they can all be on the same page on UNC-Duke issues? It’s really freaking weird.

budwom
03-28-2019, 02:31 PM
over there, a runny nose is called the flu.

roywhite
03-28-2019, 02:33 PM
Honestly, that might help Carolina. Little has a terrible habit of finding the worst, most contested, shot he can toward the end of the clock and taking it before he even considers passing.

Little scored 19 and 20 points in their first two NCAA tournament games. IF he were out, that could be a significant loss.

Of course, judging by past history in such light blue matters, we should fully expect him to be well and available by tomorrow evening.

DevilYouKnow
03-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Time for a classic UNC inspirational miracle recovery where a player is doubtful at game time, only to score 20 and be considered a wounded hero.

If he truly does have the flu, here's wishing you a quick recovery, Nasir.

DukeFanSince1990
03-28-2019, 02:39 PM
What exactly is the deal with that? I heard the EXACT SAME THING said by my daughter (a UNC freshman), my teenage son’s best friend (his parents both earned graduate degrees from UNC and have brainwashed their kids into loving all things UNC), and a friend of mine (a UNC grad). Does UNC send out anti-Duke talking points to its fans so they can all be on the same page on UNC-Duke issues? It’s really freaking weird.

Just tell them that if Kendall Marshall didn't break his wrist they would have won it in 2012. It paints them in a corner. They cant say they wouldn't have won it, and then you got them pinned.

Steven43
03-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Just tell them that if Kendall Marshall didn't break his wrist they would have won it in 2012. It paints them in a corner. They cant say they wouldn't have won it, and then you got them pinned.

Oooooh, good one! Very clever.

JetpackJesus
03-28-2019, 02:47 PM

I was just about to hit submit on my "<cough>Kendall Marshall<cough>" post, but I saw you beat me to the punch on that. What a silly take by those UNC fans.

I am wishing Little a speedy recovery ... over the weekend ... in Chapel Hill.

9F!

BD80
03-28-2019, 02:55 PM
I note he won't be available for interviews. Were they afraid someone would ask him to spell "flu?"

PackMan97
03-28-2019, 02:58 PM
...this is what happens when you go to class and mix with the commoners. They give you bacteria and viruses that make you sick. If only he had taken more fake classes.

BeachBlueDevil
03-28-2019, 03:02 PM

.... Maybe he'll make a pass this time and send influenza to White or Maye. Then if Carolina is without one of them and the lose, they can be reminded of what its like not having one of your best players.

Matches
03-28-2019, 03:43 PM
...this is what happens when you go to class and mix with the commoners. They give you bacteria and viruses that make you sick. If only he had taken more fake classes.

Flu germs are equally available to non-athletes. Thus there is no violation. :)

DukeFanSince1990
03-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Flu germs are equally available to non-athletes. Thus there is no violation. :)

Quality

rasputin
03-28-2019, 03:58 PM

And a cesspool is called a "University."

mattyoung18
03-28-2019, 03:59 PM
What if he pukes on those hideous colored unis.Poor little cheats.

CameronBlue
03-28-2019, 04:09 PM

I think they call that "accessorizing".

mattyoung18
03-28-2019, 04:13 PM
The dean myth center needs some sprucing up.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2019, 05:01 PM
I hope he feels better.

I hope they lose by 20.

Billy Dat
03-28-2019, 05:04 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of the title of arguably the most famous, or referenced, celebrity magazine profile ever written:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a638/frank-sinatra-has-a-cold-gay-talese/

madscavenger
03-28-2019, 05:58 PM
I don't think they're worried at all. Mark Emmert will wave his baby blue wand, and voila; they have a bye. And Roy didn't even have to use a timeout.

Dukehky
03-28-2019, 06:03 PM
Kenny Williams--

"Having players out is nothing new for us..."

Leaky Black has been a real loss for the Heels, lolz. Nas has been playing well in the tournament and there are some guys on Auburn that he could punish physically. As long as its just the flu.. whatever helps Auburn win.

Plus, if auburn wins, I would tape the studio show with Charles and Kenny so that I could watch it anytime that I got sad.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-28-2019, 06:46 PM

You enjoyed that a little too much......and SO DID I!

Tooold
03-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Plus, if auburn wins, I would tape the studio show with Charles and Kenny so that I could watch it anytime that I got sad.

LOL what a show that will be. I would love to hear Charles gloat, and Kenny taken down a few notches.

UrinalCake
03-28-2019, 08:57 PM
Kenny Williams--

They’ve had to field a virtual mash unit this season, with both backup guard Leaky Black (2.6ppg) and fourth string center Sterling Manley (3.4) missing multiple games. I don’t know how they’ve managed to survive with only their top eight players staying fully healthy for the entire season.

JStuart
03-28-2019, 09:18 PM
LOL what a show that will be. I would love to hear Charles gloat, and Kenny taken down a few notches.

I would insert the video of Charles celebrating Nova's 3-pt win over unc while Smith sulks.
I'm sure someone will do the honors!

killerleft
03-28-2019, 11:02 PM

Over there, they can call anything whatever they want. If it doesn't benefit them, they just "misspoke". Presto-change-o!

Steven43
03-28-2019, 11:15 PM
Kenny Williams--

Leaky Black has been a real loss for the Heels, lolz. Nas has been playing well in the tournament and there are some guys on Auburn that he could punish physically. As long as its just the flu.. whatever helps Auburn win.

Great post 👍🏻

mattyoung18
03-28-2019, 11:15 PM
Will he be able to take the paper class?

BD80
03-28-2019, 11:31 PM

Don't think anyone will notice, color should match and the pattern blend with the argyle.

JasonEvans
03-29-2019, 08:05 AM
I would insert the video of Charles celebrating Nova's 3-pt win over unc while Smith sulks.
I'm sure someone will do the honors!

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDGuXFIzso

Troublemaker
03-29-2019, 08:16 AM

All I know is that the gambling market has reacted to Little's flu by making UNC even bigger favorites. The spread moved from 5 to 5.5. I'm not sure the move was a direct reaction to the Little news, but at the very least, the market doesn't consider him to be worth moving the spread in the other direction.

Zion is probably worth ~5 points on the spread, fyi

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-29-2019, 08:18 AM

That's really, really special. I would spork if I could.

JStuart
03-29-2019, 10:44 AM
That's really, really special. I would spork if I could.

Took care of it for you!
Apparently Charles daughter attended Villanova at the time.
I'm hopeful Charles can dance some more tonight!

oldnavy
03-29-2019, 10:58 AM
I ain't buying it.... UNC has a history of BS and I believe that this is just another pile of it.

moonpie23
03-29-2019, 11:02 AM
I ain't buying it... UNC has a history of BS and I believe that this is just another pile of it.

THIS!! look for him to have a career scoring night

devildeac
03-29-2019, 11:02 AM
I ain't buying it... UNC has a history of BS and I believe that this is just another pile of it.

Another "invention" by dean's myth.

jv001
03-29-2019, 11:04 AM

I'm with oldnavy. I wouldn't trust the cheats in a outhouse with a muzzle on. GoDuke!

oldnavy
03-29-2019, 11:14 AM
I'm with oldnavy. I wouldn't trust the cheats in a outhouse with a muzzle on. GoDuke!

Just waiting for Roy to compare Littles illness to the bubonic plaque or the influenza pandemic of 1918...

slower
03-29-2019, 11:24 AM

If Auburn wins, I'm betting Kenny walks off the set. Seriously.

BD80
03-29-2019, 11:50 AM
Just waiting for Roy to compare Littles illness to the bubonic plaque or the influenza pandemic of 1918...

No, no, no! This is a real, true tragedy! Akin to last summer when there was a five car pileup in front of Roy - and he was 15 minutes late for his tee time.

FIFTEEN MINUTES!

Much worse than any plague or pandemic …

(and, ol' roy almost spilled his Coke! - I cannot imagine how he would have survived)

mattyoung18
03-29-2019, 11:55 AM
If nassar has the flu flu there is no way he could play tonight.If hes got a stomach bug like Jordan had now you can play with that. The flu my friend will put you in bed a few days.This could be another unc falsified story.

budwom
03-29-2019, 11:57 AM
another Throw Away The Crutches and Walk My Son from unc's sector of the Bible Belt...happens every few years...

Tooold
03-29-2019, 12:06 PM

This video is fabulous. The look on Kenny’s face. And who knew Charles could jump like that!

DU82
03-29-2019, 02:52 PM
I’d rather have the flu than Carolina Fever.

elvis14
03-29-2019, 03:00 PM
All I know is that if Little has the flu I hope he's been unselfish and has shared with all this teammates. Couldn't happen to a cheatier team (I think I just made up a new word!).

BD80
03-29-2019, 03:23 PM
All I know is that if Little has the flu I hope he's been unselfish and has shared with all this teammates. Couldn't happen to a cheatier team (I think I just made up a new word!).

Nope, I checked, unc has it trademarked. There was a prior use contest filed by the Patriots, but the Pats could only prove their cheatierest ways back to the arrival of Belichick. unc established that it has been the carolina way at least since deano arrived.

wavedukefan70s
03-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Hes playing he was at the shoot around.

BD80
03-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Hes playing he was at the shoot around.

Same ol' carolina crap. Much adoo-doo about nothing ...

Indoor66
03-29-2019, 03:41 PM
I’d rather have the flu than Carolina Fever.

Get your Preparation H for that fever.

DukeFanSince1990
03-29-2019, 03:43 PM
Same ol' carolina crap. Much adoo-doo about nothing ...

So Dave Odom was on Dave Glenn today and pretty much said Little was going to play and this was just something Roy was putting out there, and during the interview it came out that Little was playing. And Odom just laughed.

PackMan97
03-29-2019, 04:45 PM
I can't believe Carolina Fever wasn't brought up until about 2 hours before this post!

DU82
03-29-2019, 04:47 PM
I can't believe no one has brought up Carolina Fever yet...catch the fever!

About two hours before your post...

oldnavy
03-29-2019, 06:23 PM
So Dave Odom was on Dave Glenn today and pretty much said Little was going to play and this was just something Roy was putting out there, and during the interview it came out that Little was playing. And Odom just laughed.

I rest my case... another load on the UNC pile of BS.... he probably sneezed or something and of course it was the flu... SMH.
So, let me get this straight. He goes from being unable to lift his fork to full practice participant in less than 12 hours....

jipops
03-29-2019, 06:39 PM
I rest my case... another load on the UNC pile of BS... he probably sneezed or something and of course it was the flu... SMH.
So, let me get this straight. He goes from being unable to lift his fork to full practice participant in less than 12 hours...

Tamiflu can work pretty fast.

I don’t see the cheats having any problems in this game. Auburn has very poor 2 pt defense so the cheats and Little will eat them alive around the lane. Unless Auburn is over 50% from 3, this will be a blowout. The cheats have a nice walk through to another Final Four.

NSDukeFan
03-29-2019, 06:53 PM
I rest my case... another load on the UNC pile of BS... he probably sneezed or something and of course it was the flu... SMH.
So, let me get this straight. He goes from being unable to lift his fork to full practice participant in less than 12 hours...

I think they weren’t sure he was going to make it. They called Little’s family in, but somehow, with great perseverance and dedication and thoughts and prayers, he has been able to make the most miraculous recovery ever since Dean started myths. Amazing story!

robed deity
03-29-2019, 06:54 PM

I don’t see the cheats having any problems in this game. Auburn has very poor 2 pt defense so the cheats and Little will eat them alive around the lane. Unless Auburn is over 50% from 3, this will be a blowout. The cheats have a nice walk through to another Final Four.

I think Auburn will get killed on the glass, especially on the O-boards. I do think the next round will be tough though.

NSDukeFan
03-29-2019, 06:57 PM

I could see the game being a blowout as my impression is Auburn might not always have the best shot selection. My other recollection, which may or may not be accurate, is that they are athletic and can certainly heat up from 3 and make some poor shots. It could be an interesting one.

oldnavy
03-29-2019, 07:57 PM
An amazing recovery by Little.

oldnavy
03-29-2019, 08:02 PM

No, it can reduce symptoms by a couple of days at best. He never had the flu. Next game, Luke will have flesh eating bacteria.... know outside of UNC basketball as a zit...

BD80
03-29-2019, 08:09 PM
No, it can reduce symptoms by a couple of days at best. He never had the flu. ...

Nassir, he was a Little sick ...

duke4ever19
03-29-2019, 08:18 PM
The fighting Chucksters have a halftime lead! Nice end to the half.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Nassir, he was a Little sick ...

Why can't I spork...

plimnko
03-29-2019, 08:34 PM
No, it can reduce symptoms by a couple of days at best. He never had the flu. Next game, Luke will have flesh eating bacteria... know outside of UNC basketball as a zit...

hopefully luke's next game won't be in a cheat's uniform

smythe13
03-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Auburn is driving with their quicker players and even in rebounds. Go Tigers

Indoor66
03-29-2019, 08:36 PM
hopefully luke's next game won't be in a cheat's uniform

Is he going to Europe?

godins
03-29-2019, 09:24 PM

LOL this one aged nicely!

scottdude8
03-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Andrew Playtek in the final minutes? Seriously Ole Roy? Wow.

MChambers
03-29-2019, 09:32 PM
I hope he feels better.

I hope they lose by 20.

Nailed it!

jipops
03-29-2019, 09:42 PM
LOL this one aged nicely!

Wow. Did NOT see that coming. Not at all.