PDA

View Full Version : Damn I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies....

anm
03-28-2019, 10:08 AM
FSU fan and alum, here.

March Madness is upon us and I just worked up a froth of spite (perhaps a "tinge" of jealousy) and loathing for your Basketball program. Suddenly, a gaggle of Duke fans arrived on the gofundme page for Phil Cofer and generously donated.

How am I supposed to maintain my hostility toward you when you commit to classy acts, such as these?

Help a brother out.....March is almost over and I'm struggling.

Seriously. Classy I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ies and many thanks.

With that said...Goo...Goo...Good...Luuu...Luuuuuuc. Oh Whatever.

CameronBornAndBred
03-28-2019, 10:11 AM
Best thread title in years.

DukieInKansas
03-28-2019, 10:22 AM
Don't you just hate when someone ruins a good hate by doing something nice? :D

Welcome, anm.

Jeffrey
03-28-2019, 10:25 AM
Don't you just hate when someone ruins a good hate by doing something nice?

Yep, sometimes it makes me so upset I start cursing.

BandAlum83
03-28-2019, 10:33 AM
Yep, sometimes it makes me so upset I start cursing.

I am guessing the wankerization machine kicked in due to the misspelling of Duke, and not because of any disallowed curse words.

UrinalCake
03-28-2019, 10:35 AM
We obviously take our basketball seriously at Duke, but some things are still more important. Terrible to hear about Cofer's dad, we all certainly feel for him and his family. It's been great to hear the stories about how the team has rallied together to help support him.

anm
03-28-2019, 10:40 AM
I am guessing the wankerization machine kicked in due to the misspelling of Duke, and not because of any disallowed curse words.

I used (twice), what I "thought" was an acceptable reference (D--O--O--K--I--E--S without the hyphens). Apologies if I violated board protocol.

weezie
03-28-2019, 10:52 AM
Love it.

mark34
03-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Great post... Beat Gonzaga. Go ACC... except Tar Heels.

I did not type Tar Heels.. The second word was holes... I didn't realize this site auto corrects that. Interesting.

curtis325
03-28-2019, 10:56 AM
I used (twice), what I "thought" was an acceptable reference (D--O--O--K--I--E--S without the hyphens). Apologies if I violated board protocol.

The correct spelling is Dewkie. Yours rhymes with cookie, rookie and wookie.

budwom
03-28-2019, 11:23 AM
we thrive on inane hostility.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Great post!

Wishing peace and good vibes for Cofer and family.

And, all hate should be directed towards UNC -- a proper receptacle for such things!

Good luck to FSU, love me some Leonard Hamilton.

devildeac
03-28-2019, 11:29 AM

I did not type Tar Heels.. The second word was holes... I didn't realize this site auto corrects that. Interesting.

This works:

t*r h**ls

;)

Lurkingdukedog
03-28-2019, 11:30 AM

Agreed. I have FSU in my Final four (along with Duke, Virginia and UNC) It's the ACC Tournament, part 2

BLPOG
03-28-2019, 11:51 AM
Agreed. I have FSU in my Final four (along with Duke, Virginia and UNC) It's the ACC Tournament, part 2

Ha, I have the same. Obviously I was hoping for an Iona victory, and then a Washington victory, and now an Auburn victory, but it would be fun to see. Plus, the 2019 NCAA Tournament would be known to perpetuity as "The ACC Tournament."

slower
03-28-2019, 12:17 PM
And, all hate should be directed towards UNC -- a proper receptacle for such things!

And proper receptacles (trash cans, dumpsters, toilets, landfills, etc.) everywhere take offense to that comparison.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2019, 12:25 PM
And proper receptacles (trash cans, dumpsters, toilets, landfills, etc.) everywhere take offense to that comparison.

True. I should have said that UNC is a festering dung-heap of putrid sludge, encased in an impenetrable mass of hubris and pompous self-righteousness.

I aplogize to legitimate receptacles everywhere.

scottdude8
03-28-2019, 12:48 PM
Is it bad that I don't know the history/meaning behind the "I'm a real wanker for saying this" meme (for lack of a better term) on the board? Anyone want to give me a history lesson? Haha

But in all seriousness we appreciate the kind words from behind enemy lines!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-28-2019, 12:49 PM
Is it bad that I don't know the history/meaning behind the "I'm a real wanker for saying this" meme (for lack of a better term) on the board? Anyone want to give me a history lesson? Haha

But in all seriousness we appreciate the kind words from behind enemy lines!

It is just a filter on the forum that replaces distasteful language.

BandAlum83
03-28-2019, 01:59 PM

I have the same except UK instead of uNC, who I have losing to Auburn

scottdude8
03-28-2019, 02:04 PM
It is just a filter on the forum that replaces distasteful language.

Ahhhhhh gotcha! I figured as much but I wasn't sure if it was something we self-policed or that was automatically done haha

IrishDevil
03-28-2019, 02:15 PM
Ahhhhhh gotcha! I figured as much but I wasn't sure if it was something we self-policed or that was automatically done haha

Done both automatically and somewhat ironically, given the language used. ;)

duke96
03-28-2019, 02:25 PM
I was glad to donate, noted my Duke affiliation, and appreciate that being noticed and commented on.

Appreciate the post! (And now you have learned about our Wankerizer!)

Reddevil
03-28-2019, 03:33 PM

I typed in "I'm a real wanker for saying this" and auto correct changed it to Tar Heels.

Bluedog
03-28-2019, 03:38 PM

That spelling is a pejorative (given that its other meaning is "poo") but is used so much by rival fans that apparently some don't even know that anymore. Not your fault though. The correct spelling is "Dukies."

uh_no
03-28-2019, 03:41 PM
That spelling is a pejorative (given that its other meaning is "poo") but is used so much by rival fans that apparently some don't even know that anymore. Not your fault though. The correct spelling is "Dukies."

i always imagined it as Mr. Mackey in this episode:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_of_the_Urinal_Deuce

Who took a d--kie in the urinal!

anm
03-28-2019, 03:49 PM

A mistake I shall not repeat.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-28-2019, 03:57 PM
FSU fan and alum, here.

March Madness is upon us and I just worked up a froth of spite (perhaps a "tinge" of jealousy) and loathing for your Basketball program. Suddenly, a gaggle of Duke fans arrived on the gofundme page for Phil Cofer and generously donated.

Of course we did.....I mean, he averages like 74 points a game against us..........its the least we could do.....

kako
03-28-2019, 04:45 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10109156721673181&set=a.10101413978138291&type=3&theater

FSU is not our rival, though I never think it will be a cakewalk when Duke plays them... especially in Tallahassee. I respect their program. And it's been more so since I saw this viral post a few years back (even though it's football... and I was sorry to learn later about Travis Rudolph's father...). In any case, kind gestures are what makes the world go around, so I think helping Cofer's family out is kind of paying it forward/giving back/trying to reap what you sow/respect for many. I'm glad this board could help out a little bit.

9F