PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. UCF (Mar 24, 2019 - Rd of 32)

JBDuke
03-24-2019, 07:40 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over UCF tonight?

CameronBlue
03-24-2019, 07:43 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over UCF tonight?

Zion was Duke's MOM, Aubrey Dawkins was the sub-regional player of the tournament. Feel elated for Duke, very badly for JD & Son.

flyingdutchdevil
03-24-2019, 07:44 PM
Zion was Duke's MOM, Aubrey Dawkins was the sub-regional player of the tournament. Feel elated for Duke, very badly for JD.

Why can't I select Aubrey? We was clearly the MOTM for being the most productive player on the floor and for missing that shot at the end.

Anywho, I voted for Zion.

kako
03-24-2019, 07:45 PM
Zion carried this team all game. But with the game on the line, he missed the FT. RJ got the ball and put it in the hole. He gets my vote.

9F

nmduke2001
03-24-2019, 07:46 PM
Why can't I select Aubrey? We was clearly the MOTM for being the most productive player on the floor and for missing that shot at the end.

Second

Emerrick
03-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Second
Third

CameronBlue
03-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Second

I'm tempted to give co-MOMs not to RJ but to Cam. He was indispensible tonight.

weezie
03-24-2019, 07:53 PM
Wow, this is hard. Obvi Z and RJ but look at what Javin did with that Tacko and come on, Tre's defense???!!!!

I just can't vote.

Furniture
03-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Cam. His stats apart from the fouls were very good and without his 3 at the end we lose.

flyingdutchdevil
03-24-2019, 07:57 PM
Cam. His stats apart from the fouls were very good and without his 3 at the end we lose.

Agreed his offensive production was really good. However, his fouling and getting burned on the defensive end prevented me from voting for him.

kAzE
03-24-2019, 07:59 PM
Agreed his offensive production was really good. However, his fouling and getting burned on the defensive end prevented me from voting for him.

2 of his fouls were total BS though. Especially that one he got called on for cleanly blocking a 3 point shot.

I thought Cam played really well for the most part. Zion still obviously MOTM and Goldwire needs some love too. He was fantastic in his role as usual.

lotusland
03-24-2019, 08:01 PM

Can’t argue but every shot is huge in a 1-pt win. Zion and RJ’s baskets were huge also. Great finish by the Blue Devils.

killerleft
03-24-2019, 08:02 PM
I voted for Zion, but Cam hit the shot to keep us on life-support. Nobody was great. Javin made some plays, Tre also. RJ rebounded and hit the biggie.

CDu
03-24-2019, 08:09 PM
2 of his fouls were total BS though. Especially that one he got called on for cleanly blocking a 3 point shot.

I thought Cam played really well for the most part. Zion still obviously MOTM and Goldwire needs some love too. He was fantastic in his role as usual.

Agree. Aside from the charge (okay call on a bad decision), he was terrific. The foul on the block was an awful call. But he did a good job on d and took good shots. Can’t ask for much more.

MrPoon
03-24-2019, 08:10 PM
Thought Cam really helped when he could but this game result was all Zion. 32 points, 11 boards, 4 assists
Plus only one willing to attack Fall and get him out of the game. If that doesn’t get you MOTM I don’t know what does.
I still fell the stress of this one in my body. Not healthy.

Acymetric
03-24-2019, 08:11 PM
I voted for Zion, but Cam hit the shot to keep us on life-support. Nobody was great. Javin made some plays, Tre also. RJ rebounded and hit the biggie.

That shot was the most important play of the game IMO, but yeah I still voted for Zion for overall performance.

CDu
03-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Thought Cam really helped when he could but this game result was all Zion. 32 points, 11 boards, 4 assists
Plus only one willing to attack Fall and get him out of the game. If that doesn’t get you MOTM I don’t know what does.

And if they call the two Zion drew on Fall earlier in the game, the tone totally changes.

AZLA
03-24-2019, 08:21 PM
Props to Javin. He battled hard and his rebound of Zions in and out three on Tacko was key.

wsb3
03-24-2019, 08:22 PM
And if they call the two Zion drew on Fall earlier in the game, the tone totally changes.

Agreed. He should have been fouled out..

duke4ever19
03-24-2019, 08:28 PM

Here here for Cam. Dude knows how to drill a timely three.

JNort
03-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Cam was efficient and played how we need him to.

RJ with the game winner and clutch rebound.

Zion had a tougher game than normal but was still Zion.

Tre with the excellent defense per usual.

Javin while he didn't stop Tacko sure made him work.

I'll take Cam just barely over RJ because if we get this Cam every game I'm liking our chances at the Natty more and more.

Wander
03-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Tre with the excellent defense per usual.

Sure, but his terrible jump shooting is a big part of what led to the game being that close in the first place. We have to figure out a way to adjust if future teams (especially LSU potentially) copy UCF and just don't guard him on the perimeter.

Neals384
03-24-2019, 08:52 PM
Props to Javin. He battled hard and his rebound of Zions in and out three on Tacko was key.

Javin is my MOTM. His first half block of Fall, grabbing the ball and then getting fouled, clearly showed Fall he wasn't going to just have his way, and also began the process of limiting Fall's minutes via foul trouble.

JetpackJesus
03-24-2019, 09:21 PM

Barret attacked Tacko and was fouled three times on the play. None of them were called. That's what made anyone other than Zion attacking Tacko very difficult, and half the time Tacko slaughtered Zion with no foul called.

Oh, I voted for Zion.

OldPhiKap
03-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Gold wire is not the MOTM but deserves serious kudos. He makes a difference on the floor.

Furniture
03-24-2019, 09:55 PM
I also agree that Javin is playing great lately...

Phredd3
03-24-2019, 10:08 PM
Zion, obviously, but I thought Javin deserves special mention for how well he played against one of the 40 tallest living humans on the planet (according to the announcers). Tacko changed everything when he was in there, but Javin made him work and grabbed some crucial boards against him. Tacko knew early on that this one wasn't going to be easy.

But, Zion was Zion.

wavedukefan70s
03-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Barret attacked Tacko and was fouled three times on the play. None of them were called. That's what made anyone other than Zion attacking Tacko very difficult, and half the time Tacko slaughtered Zion with no foul called.

Oh, I voted for Zion.

Agree.zion and everyone else got hammered. Elbows ect.we gotta play through it though.

Devilwin
03-24-2019, 11:19 PM
I voted Zion. He had far and away the best game.