PDA

View Full Version : Coach K's coaching tree in the 2019 NCAAT

DukieInBrasil
03-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Bobby Hurley, Wojo, and Johnny Dawkins carried the Coach K coaching banner into the NCAAT this year (please feel free to add names if i left some off).
Bobby Hurley's ASU squad won their play-in game and have an exceptional athlete in Dort. Now ASU gets to do its own coaching-tree match-up as ASU plays Bobby's former school, Buffalo.
Wojo's Marquette squad got absolutely dismantled by Murray St, led by an insanely good game from Ja Morant, who landed the triple double. Interesting factoid, Murray St. is coached by a guy i went to High School with in Oak Ridge TN! Matt played on the basketball team there (perhaps obviously).
Johnny D's team UCF squad will lace up its sneakers today for a chance to square off against his former mentor.

So far the Coach K coaching tree record in the 2019 NCAAT: 1-1.

AGDukesky
03-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Since none of the coaches are expected to be left after this weekend*, I wanted to add Harvard’s upset of Georgetown in the NIT to hopefully give more to discuss.

*I’m not predicting a Duke win over UCF, just going with oddsmakers...

wilson
03-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Since none of the coaches are expected to be left after this weekend*, I wanted to add Harvard’s upset of Georgetown in the NIT to hopefully give more to discuss.

*I’m not predicting a Duke win over UCF, just going with oddsmakers...Harvard was only in the NIT to spring that "upset" (I'd challenge the notion that Georgetown's program is of greater overall quality than Harvard's right now) because of their upset loss to Yale in the Ivy League Tournament final. Womp womp.

pfrduke
03-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Harvard was only in the NIT to spring that "upset" (I'd challenge the notion that Georgetown's program is of greater overall quality than Harvard's right now) because of their upset loss to Yale in the Ivy League Tournament final. Womp womp.

Yale was a 6-point favorite and the better team.

NSDukeFan
03-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Harvard was only in the NIT to spring that "upset" (I'd challenge the notion that Georgetown's program is of greater overall quality than Harvard's right now) because of their upset loss to Yale in the Ivy League Tournament final. Womp womp.

The Ivy League has a tournament? Wait, what’s that pig doing up in the sky?

sagegrouse
03-22-2019, 01:20 PM

I think it's just the top four teams.

crimsondevil
03-22-2019, 01:21 PM

4 team, for the last 3 seasons.

Yale was a 6-point favorite and the better team.

Mostly b/c the game was in New Haven. Harvard beat Yale twice and they shared the regular season title.

wilson
03-22-2019, 01:55 PM
Yale was a 6-point favoriteYes, but...
Mostly b/c the game was in New Haven.

and the better team.No.

Harvard beat Yale twice and they shared the regular season title....and Harvard was rightly designated as the #1 seed for tournament purposes.