PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash comes to Durham to interview Coach K, RJ and RJ's family

Troublemaker
03-20-2019, 06:09 PM
As most of you know, Nash is godfather to RJ. A good little video feature if anyone has 8 minutes or so.

Interesting tidbits include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- RJ gave Alex some nice encouragement before the Syracuse game and assisted on all of Alex's FGs
- the Barretts apparently moved to Durham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YboE0rgA3go

MChambers
03-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Very cool!

NSDukeFan
03-20-2019, 06:21 PM
Three of my favorite basketball people in one video - R.J. , Nash and coach K.

Furniture
03-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Great interview. Well worth watching....

WillJ
03-20-2019, 07:23 PM
That was fantastic. Thanks.

JetpackJesus
03-20-2019, 08:30 PM
I couldn't spork, but thanks for sharing. Wonderful interview and video.

I'm glad RJ and his family talked about how funny Coach K is. I always tell people that I talk to about Coach K that he's a very, very funny man based on the handful of times I've encountered him. It seems like everyone thinks he's some hyper-serious, grouchy guy because of the intensity you might see on TV during games, but he's more than that.

Acymetric
03-20-2019, 08:38 PM
Awesome video, I actually had missed that Steve Nash was his godfather...or at least forgotten.

Does Steve travel with a bodyguard as a safeguard against being randomly body checked by Robert Horry or has that risk abated over the years?

Faison1
03-20-2019, 09:27 PM
Wow....what a good dude. He is one of the many fine representatives Coach K has recruited through the years.

Hats off.....

CrazyNotCrazie
03-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Great video - thanks for sharing. The Barrett's seem like a great family. After watching this I did a bit of googling on the Barrett family. I didn't realize that RJ has a younger brother Nathan who is now a freshman at Monteverde. He is currently 6-1 and lists Duke and Oregon as his favorites. Hopefully we will get a repeat of the Jones family!

https://mvasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=628

HereBeforeCoachK
03-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Tremendous...even more respect for K and RJ and Nash than before....and I had a ton then........

AZLA
03-20-2019, 10:20 PM
Awesome video, I actually had missed that Steve Nash was his godfather...or at least forgotten.

Does Steve travel with a bodyguard as a safeguard against being randomly body checked by Robert Horry or has that risk abated over the years?

Oh man you had o bring that up ;)

Stern blew it and the integrity of the nba took a mega hit with additional game
fixing of bettin mc whistle ref.

Suns/Nash were the best and deserving team to be point blank cheated out of a championship which is unfortunate because Nash teed up the modern game and Curry took the baton from there.

Nash is good people and it’s cool RJ has that relationship with him; no doubt Nash probably helped influence his game style today.

Acymetric
03-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Oh man you had o bring that up ;)

Stern blew it and the integrity of the nba took a mega hit with additional game
fixing of bettin mc whistle ref.

Suns/Nash were the best and deserving team to be point blank cheated out of a championship which is unfortunate because Nash teed up the modern game and Curry took the baton from there.

Nash is good people and it’s cool RJ has that relationship with him; no doubt Nash probably helped influence his game style today.

That was one of the first seasons I really got into the NBA, and I'll never forget it or let it go even though I'm not a Suns fan. Probably cost them a championship. That team was stacked, and fun to watch.

Gorilla
03-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Great video. Thanks for posting it.