PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson in Humilty - From A Member of the Media, No less

TKG
03-20-2019, 11:18 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/ny-zion-williamson-college-basketball-history-20190320-v5ksnvjpzbbcncatwdfxj4j3na-story.html

The link above is from Carron Phillips of the NY Daily News and appeared in today's issue. In the article, Phillips walks back his earlier criticism of Zion and does it with a sense of humor.

flyingdutchdevil
03-20-2019, 11:34 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/ny-zion-williamson-college-basketball-history-20190320-v5ksnvjpzbbcncatwdfxj4j3na-story.html

The link above is from Carron Phillips of the NY Daily News and appeared in today's issue. In the article, Phillips walks back his earlier criticism of Zion and does it with a sense of humor.

Fun article, but the NY Daily News website is atrocious.

J4Kop99
03-20-2019, 11:38 AM
This about sums up the current state of the Daily News.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-20-2019, 11:50 AM
That was interesting back up beeper......good for that writer for his self serve of crow.

Apropos of this, somewhere in the summer and early fall postings....I predicted here on DBR (and other places) that Zion would throw a kink into the national hatred of Duke - that he was so compelling and so gregarious that the haters would not be able to keep hating. I was more prophetic than I thought (which I guess means I really wasn't more prophetic than I thought....)

sagegrouse
03-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Lots of money quotes but here (in bold) is the true summary:

Despite the FBI’s investigation into college basketball, despite Williamson missing time after his shoe exploded on national television (adding another chapter into discussing the student-athlete conversation), an 18-year-old with comic-book proportions has emerged as the runaway best player in the country, with a talent so bright, so obvious, so thrilling that he threatens to do the unthinkable: Turn America into a bunch of Duke fans.

Lurkingdukedog
03-20-2019, 01:52 PM
Lots of money quotes but here (in bold) is the true summary:

Even more unthinkable, he had UNC fans cheering for his dunks in Charlotte. What's this world coming to????

JetpackJesus
03-20-2019, 03:22 PM
Zion is a lock to win every national player of the year award after becoming only the third player in ACC history, alongside Jahlil Okafor and Marvin Bagley, to win the conference’s Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year in the same season I guess I knew the bold to be true, but it's fun seeing it in writing that he'll be the third and that the previous two were also Duke players.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-20-2019, 04:03 PM
Even more unthinkable, he had UNC fans cheering for his dunks in Charlotte. What's this world coming to????

I had heard this....are there any videos or pictures online of this?