PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Who is going to Columbia?

follyblue
03-19-2019, 08:43 PM
I got my tickets and going to Columbia for first weekend with best friend (UVA fan/man bun lover), so anyone else going to be there? I live in Charleston area but know nothing about Columbia nightlife other than the mish-mash of chain bars in the Vista area, which I am guessing will be full, but may be best choice still due to location. Anyone interested in getting together to watch games on Saturday, maybe even some place unusual or off the beaten path, or perhaps there is already a designated Duke bar in Cola that I don't know about? Thanks for any help. So very very happy to be seeing this team live!!!

brevity
03-19-2019, 08:57 PM
I got my tickets and going to Columbia for first weekend with best friend (UVA fan/man bun lover), so anyone else going to be there? I live in Charleston area but know nothing about Columbia nightlife other than the mish-mash of chain bars in the Vista area, which I am guessing will be full, but may be best choice still due to location. Anyone interested in getting together to watch games on Saturday, maybe even some place unusual or off the beaten path, or perhaps there is already a designated Duke bar in Cola that I don't know about? Thanks for any help. So very very happy to be seeing this team live!!!

You may want to rephrase "man bun lover". (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) This could become a significant factor when seeking out any recommendations for Columbia nightlife.

Steven43
03-19-2019, 09:01 PM
You may want to rephrase "man bun lover". (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) This could become a significant factor when seeking out any recommendations for Columbia nightlife.

I just spit out my milk laughing

follyblue
03-19-2019, 09:07 PM
Heh. That works in a lot of different ways but I was referencing this manbun:

wavedukefan70s
03-19-2019, 09:18 PM
I am will be cutting it close friday easy ride in sunday.i am in Charleston area also.

OldPhiKap
03-19-2019, 11:00 PM
Not planning on it, but could be convinced with a face value extra ticket. I’ll bring good beer for the pre-game prep. And maybe be entertaining during the games.

Just sayin’.

JetpackJesus
03-19-2019, 11:32 PM
Not uNC fans!

9F!!!

84Duke
03-19-2019, 11:49 PM
Not going to Columbia. My parents couldn’t afford to bribe the tennis coach. Oh - you mean Columbia, South Carolina.

COCO
03-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Saturday is the day of Aiken’s semiannual Steeplechase. It is a fun day — lots of eating and drinking — in a beautiful venue about 35 miles from Columbia. Aiken is regularly named one of the best small towns in the South and definitely worth a visit.

http://www.aikensteeplechase.com/

Daddylawman
03-20-2019, 07:14 AM
I'll be driving over from Atlanta Sunday, can't make Friday.

weezie
03-20-2019, 08:01 AM
Heh. That works in a lot of different ways but I was referencing this manbun:

Gosh, I sure miss that man bun. That was such a delight.

Not going to Columbia. My parents couldn’t afford to bribe the tennis coach. Oh - you mean Columbia, South Carolina.

Finger snaps in approval! In case guffawing triggers a bad response to a well targeted joke. You never know these days.

TeacherTom
03-20-2019, 08:22 AM
I’ll be there Friday. Orangeburg was the closest room for Friday night that I could find.

wavedukefan70s
03-20-2019, 10:40 AM
Not planning on it, but could be convinced with a face value extra ticket. I’ll bring good beer for the pre-game prep. And maybe be entertaining during the games.

Just sayin’.

Ticket master has some left around 100 or so if you dont want the stub hub route.

wavedukefan70s
03-20-2019, 10:46 AM
I’ll be there Friday. Orangeburg was the closest room for Friday night that I could find.

Did you try lugoff or st Andrew's they are a bit closer than the burg.

TeacherTom
03-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Thanks! Burg is on my way back to West Palm Beach. That way I can fish the ocean Sunday by driving straight through Saturday. Got to have those snappers for dinner during the week. I can’t wait for the game Friday!!!

wavedukefan70s
03-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Thanks! Burg is on my way back to West Palm Beach. That way I can fish the ocean Sunday by driving straight through Saturday. Got to have those snappers for dinner during the week. I can’t wait for the game Friday!!!

Ok no problem.yeah still a little cool in Charleston to fish.

duke2x
03-20-2019, 02:33 PM
Of course. There are plenty of hotel rooms in Columbia--but not the ones you probably want. I thought I had an easy out with RDU Amtrak. Arrive 9AM two blocks away, leave 1AM, but then I realized that I was reading the schedule wrong. :(

wavedukefan70s
03-20-2019, 03:31 PM
Of course. There are plenty of hotel rooms in Columbia--but not the ones you probably want. I thought I had an easy out with RDU Amtrak. Arrive 9AM two blocks away, leave 1AM, but then I realized that I was reading the schedule wrong. :(

I was thinking that about part of orangeburg too lol.
One thing about the orangeburg i95 I 26 area .plenty of police around especially on the highways. Hint hint to any travelers going in that area.

Turk
03-21-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm on my way!