PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke v FSU (8:30, Sat Mar 16, ESPN/RAY) Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

JBDuke
03-16-2019, 12:11 AM
An ACC championship match versus Free Shoes U tomorrow night at 8:30 pm. ESPN and Raycom with the broadcast.

brevity
03-16-2019, 12:20 AM
Crab legs versus cramped legs. Who ya got?

AGDukesky
03-16-2019, 12:23 AM
FSU plays more guys and has serious size inside. I think we will need better than average 3-point shooting given the likely fatigue and interior defense of FSU. Could go either way...

devildeac
03-16-2019, 12:23 AM
Crab legs versus cramped legs. Who ya got?

I hope we crushtacean them.

<bedtime>

hallcity
03-16-2019, 12:27 AM
Duke beat FSU 79-69 to win the 2009 ACC Tournament. I’ll take that score again this year.

simplyluvin
03-16-2019, 12:29 AM
Biggest concern is how much gas we have left. They are big and deep, so they will be fresher. They are also streaking at the right time. This will be a tough challenge for us. I don’t know that Zion will have his way on the interior as much as the last two games.

Keys seem to be ball movement and ball protection. Especially not having live ball turnovers.

jv001
03-16-2019, 12:31 AM
FSU plays more guys and has serious size inside. I think we will need better than average 3-point shooting given the likely fatigue and interior defense of FSU. Could go either way...

Their size is a concern. I figure when we drive the lane, we'll get a foul on them, we score, we get blocked or we get called for a charge. Two of those aren't good. I just don't want to see Cam taking the ball into the lane. GoDuke!

awhom111
03-16-2019, 12:45 AM
The final Raycom game for the foreseeable future can be seen on these stations:
http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/MBB_ACCT-3-16-2019-CHAMP.aspx

For those who want to watch the free, unrestricted online version of the broadcast can do so here:
http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161581

uh_no
03-16-2019, 12:49 AM
The final Raycom game for the foreseeable future can be seen on these stations:
http://theacc.com/sports/2019/2/20/MBB_ACCT-3-16-2019-CHAMP.aspx

For those who want to watch the free, unrestricted online version of the broadcast can do so here:
http://www.theacc.com/watch/?id=161581

....and for everyone who wants to be graced by the unquestionable absolute truth about all things college basketball and NCAA related from his righteousness, Jay Bilas: espn.com/watch

weezie
03-16-2019, 01:03 AM
...and for everyone who wants to be graced by the unquestionable absolute truth about all things college basketball and NCAA related from his righteousness, Jay Bilas: espn.com/watch

He's bald, you know.

KandG
03-16-2019, 01:07 AM
Definitely worried about this one...FSU has the size and athleticism to make a tired Zion (and tired Duke team period) work.

I get that the way it works with tournaments is that the bench use is liberal early and then the rotation tightens up a lot by the final game (assuming you advance), but I wouldn't mind K playing the bench guys even more in the first half than he did last night, and conserve the starters' energy for the second. Even with a worst case scenario (a double digit deficit going into the second half), FSU is the kind of team I think our guys, with smart minute management, can overcome.

weezie
03-16-2019, 01:10 AM
But Duke is faster. Just need to take care of the ball and see each other better.

BigZ
03-16-2019, 01:12 AM
Two years ago Duke won the ACC Tournament playing four games. This can be dine

ncexnyc
03-16-2019, 01:30 AM
Last time I checked, FSU played an overtime game on Thursday, so can we please stop making excuses for us before the game even starts.

Anyway we still have JRob and Baker waiting in the wings:D

ChrisP
03-16-2019, 01:33 AM
Phil Cofer has 20 pts total thus far in the ACC tourney. Count on him going for 25+ tomorrow night. Dude looooves to play Duke!

Furniture
03-16-2019, 08:14 AM
I think Duke is more relaxed in the one and wins comfortably. Against Syracuse it was Zion first night nerves. UNC it was getting that monkey off their backs. Nobody had said this much but that was a big game for our young uns considering the two previous losses.

devildeac
03-16-2019, 08:17 AM
Biggest concern is how much gas we have left. They are big and deep, so they will be fresher. They are also streaking at the right time. This will be a tough challenge for us. I don’t know that Zion will have his way on the interior as much as the last two games.

Keys seem to be ball movement and ball protection. Especially not having live ball turnovers.

Definitely worried about this one...FSU has the size and athleticism to make a tired Zion (and tired Duke team period) work.

I get that the way it works with tournaments is that the bench use is liberal early and then the rotation tightens up a lot by the final game (assuming you advance), but I wouldn't mind K playing the bench guys even more in the first half than he did last night, and conserve the starters' energy for the second. Even with a worst case scenario (a double digit deficit going into the second half), FSU is the kind of team I think our guys, with smart minute management, can overcome.

White (6 minutes), AOC (3 minutes) and Joey Redshirt should be fresh. 9164

(Yea, I know/read the post where the good guys' bench got 47 minutes last PM and the evil ones' bench only played 30 and RJ and Tre both played 40.;))

House G
03-16-2019, 08:22 AM
When we played them earlier, Zion only played 17 mins because he got poked in the eye. Barrett and Reddish went off. I see no evidence that Reddish will duplicate this performance but he is a streaky shooter (he really laid some bricks last night). Zion needs to take it to their 8 ft tall center.;)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401082679

Bob Green
03-16-2019, 08:26 AM
FSU strengths are their length and depth. Coach Hamilton substitutes freely and pushes his guys to play hard for every second they are on the court. He emphasized this point yesterday in court side interviews with Allison Williams. The Seminoles will be looking for revenge after we beat them on a last second 3-pointer in Tallahassee.

Do not underestimate the Noles. They are a good team and will give us a serious run for the ACC Championship.

Phil Cofer has 20 pts total thus far in the ACC tourney. Count on him going for 25+ tomorrow night. Dude looooves to play Duke!

I agree with ChrisP. Cofer scored 21 points making 5-8 3 PT FG in the regular season game. He also had 7 rebounds (4 offensive). Last season he scored 28 on us. He is an experienced 5th year senior who will be motivated to win an ACC Championship. Someone needs to be up in his grill for 40 minutes tonight.

Reilly
03-16-2019, 08:37 AM
FSU's results, ordered by margin of victory, against AP ranked teams (ranking at time game played) - lots of overtime games - 6-3

+10 N #2 UVa
+09 (ot) #15 VT
+05 (ot) #16 Lville
+03 (ot) N #19 LSU
+02 (ot) N #16 VT
+01 #19 Purdue
----------------------------
-02 #1 Duke
-13 @ #4 UVa
-18 @ #8 UNC

Duke's results, ordered by margin of victory, against AP ranked teams (ranking at time game played) - 8-4

+34 N #2 KY
+11 N #12 Texas Tech
+10 @ #3 UVa
+06 N #8 Auburn
+02 @ #13 FSU
+02 #4 UVa
+02 @ #16 Lville
+01 N #3 UNC
-----------------------------
-02 N #3 Gonzaga
-05 @ #20 VT
-09 @ #3 UNC
-16 #8 UNC

subzero02
03-16-2019, 08:55 AM
we are favored by 8 to 8.5 points... I am very surprised by this margin. I was thinking -5 at the most.

TruBlu
03-16-2019, 09:48 AM
** FSU is a deep team, and will be fresher

** They are tall

** And athletic

** Last night I treated my bottle of Crown Royal as if it had a "best by 3-15-19" date on it. There may not be enough left for tonight.

MChambers
03-16-2019, 09:49 AM
we are favored by 8 to 8.5 points... I am very surprised by this margin. I was thinking -5 at the most.

Duke is probably still the hot team, so may get overbet. T-Rank has Duke by 7, however, and isn't injury adjusted, so maybe 8.5 is about right.

camion
03-16-2019, 09:52 AM
Duke is probably still the hot team, so may get overbet. T-Rank has Duke by 7, however, and isn't injury adjusted, so maybe 8.5 is about right.

Were I a betting man I would jump on the FSU side of that line. I'm expecting a tough, tough game.

CDu
03-16-2019, 10:05 AM
FSU has historically been a difficult-ish opponent for us. They gave us all we could handle earlier this year (albeit with Zion missing over half the game). I would expect them to be tough tonight as well.

They are again a solid defensive squad and okay-ish offensive squad. They are, as usual, athletic and physical, with good size on the perimeter. They force a lot of turnovers and block some shots, and generally make like annoying for the opposition's offense. They also foul a lot, which comes with their physical style of play. On offense, they draw fouls pretty well, and make a decent percentage of FTs. They are also an elite offensive rebounding team, and that's what keeps them afloat. They don't really do anything else particularly well offensively, including being a terrible shooting team and a terrible passing team. They are also turnover prone, which plays into our hands a bit (hopefully).

It's likely to be a slugfest, as it usually is with FSU. They'll throw a TON of bodies at us (11 deep); some skilled, many not. Their depth means they will likely be fresher than us. Hope we're ready for it.

Centers: We're finally starting to run out of freakish 7-footers at FSU. However, we aren't quite there yet. Christ Koumadje (7'4", 270lb senior from Chad) is the starting center. Koumadje has always been a spindly player. But over his 4 years at FSU, he's put on 45 lbs such that he's now... less spindly. As you might expect, Koumadje is a great shotblocker. He's also gotten to be a great rebounder, on both ends of the floor. He has, however, ZERO offensive skills other than catching rebounds and dunking. He's not even all that high-percentage a scorer despite basically just attempting shots at the rim. Koumadje doesn't play a ton of minutes, but he does make an impact when he's in there. Behind Koumadje, the Noles bring sort of the opposite end of the spectrum in Raiquan Gray (6'8", 260lb freshman). Gray is a short-ish, stocky, interior player with sort of the opposite skill set to Koumadje. He's a good passer and decent shooter, but not very quick/athletic.

Forwards: Phil Cofer (6'8", 230lb fifth-year senior) is the starting PF. Cofer missed several games early in the season. He's a prototypical stretch-big: great 3pt shooter at his size. He was an All-ACC caliber player last year. Still, he's a really dangerous weapon for them. Alongside Cofer in the starting lineup is Terance Mann (6'7", 215lb senior). No, he's not the fictional writer from the Field of Dreams movie. Mann is kind of like Justise Winslow in style. He's a rugged, versatile player, capable of guarding 1-to-4, and not being a liability against many 5s either. He's a terrific rebounder and has improved his shooting over the years as well. He's the leader of this team, and a terrific player. The heart and soul of the Noles. Behind (and often alongside) those two is Mfiondu Kabengele (6'10", 250lb sophomore from Canada). Kabengele's major claim to fame is that he's Dikembe Mutombo's nephew. However, he's very little like his uncle in style of play. He is a strong rebounder and shotblocker somewhat like Dikembe, but Kabengele is also fairly skilled offensively and not afraid to get his shots up. The Cofer/Kabengele frontcourt pairing is a particularly interesting one offensively as it allows FSU to play 5-out at times. Kabengele is essentially a starter off the bench.

Wings: Technically, you could list Mann here as well. He's the starting SF. But FSU has so many wings that I wanted to balance the list out. Aside from Mann, the other starter is MJ Walker (6'5", 215lb sophomore). Walker is an elite athlete and good 3pt shooter who hasn't quite figured out how to play the rest of the game of basketball. The former McDonald's All-American somehow manages to be an inefficient offensive player despite being a decent shooter, mainly because he takes and misses a lot of bad 2pt shots. And despite his size and athleticism, he's an awful rebounder and a poor defender overall. It's a disappointing waste of talent. Still, because he's so athletic and can shoot, he is capable of a monster night at any time because he can get his shot off against anyone. The other primary wing is PJ Savoy (6'4", 210lb senior). Savoy isn't overly athletic, but he's on the court to do one thing: shoot 3s. And he puts them up, for sure. Over 80% of his FGA at FSU have been 3s. He's struggled a bit from 3 this year, but he's a very good career shooter from deep. Leaving him open is a baaaaaaad idea. Anthony Polite (6'6", 215lb redshirt freshman from Switzerland) is next on the long list of wings. Polite missed last season with knee problems. He is a lanky player with good shooting touch, but still is working to catch up to the pace of play offensively. Finally, Devin Vassell (6'5", 170lb freshman) rounds out the wings (sort of). Vassell can shoot and provides yet another pesky defensive presence, leading the team in steal rate.

Guards: Trent Forrest (6'4", 215lb junior) is the PG. He's a steady-Eddie at the position. Nothing flashy, just a tough, physical, pass-first type of guard. Technically a combo guard, he's got a PG mindset and a SG body. He's not the steadiest of ballhandlers though, and has been turnover-prone this year. But in a half-court game, he's a solid contributor. He's also a very strong and willing defender. Behind (and sometimes alongside) Forrest is David Nichols (6'1", 185lb grad transfer from Albany). Nichols is the flashier player of the two combo guards at FSU. He's a terrific 3pt threat and not bashful about shooting. He is, however, fairly sloppy with the ball, with a team-worst turnover rate. Still, he's a nice complement stylistically to the bigger, more physical, less 3pt shooty Forrest.

FSU has a ton of depth and athleticism, and they are committed to making the game a war of attrition. I won't even venture a guess as to the outcome, because fatigue is at play here.

dukelifer
03-16-2019, 10:11 AM
FSU has historically been a difficult-ish opponent for us. They gave us all we could handle earlier this year (albeit with Zion missing over half the game). I would expect them to be tough tonight as well.

They are again a solid defensive squad and okay-ish offensive squad. They are, as usual, athletic and physical, with good size on the perimeter. They force a lot of turnovers and block some shots, and generally make like annoying for the opposition's offense. They also foul a lot, which comes with their physical style of play. On offense, they draw fouls pretty well, and make a decent percentage of FTs. They are also an elite offensive rebounding team, and that's what keeps them afloat. They don't really do anything else particularly well offensively, including being a terrible shooting team and a terrible passing team. They are also turnover prone, which plays into our hands a bit (hopefully).

It's likely to be a slugfest, as it usually is with FSU. They'll throw a TON of bodies at us (11 deep); some skilled, many not. Their depth means they will likely be fresher than us. Hope we're ready for it.

Centers: We're finally starting to run out of freakish 7-footers at FSU. However, we aren't quite there yet. Christ Koumadje (7'4", 270lb senior from Chad) is the starting center. Koumadje has always been a spindly player. But over his 4 years at FSU, he's put on 45 lbs such that he's now... less spindly. As you might expect, Koumadje is a great shotblocker. He's also gotten to be a great rebounder, on both ends of the floor. He has, however, ZERO offensive skills other than catching rebounds and dunking. He's not even all that high-percentage a scorer despite basically just attempting shots at the rim. Koumadje doesn't play a ton of minutes, but he does make an impact when he's in there. Behind Koumadje, the Noles bring sort of the opposite end of the spectrum in Raiquan Gray (6'8", 260lb freshman). Gray is a short-ish, stocky, interior player with sort of the opposite skill set to Koumadje. He's a good passer and decent shooter, but not very quick/athletic.

Forwards: Phil Cofer (6'8", 230lb fifth-year senior) is the starting PF. Cofer missed several games early in the season. He's a prototypical stretch-big: great 3pt shooter at his size. He was an All-ACC caliber player last year. Still, he's a really dangerous weapon for them. Alongside Cofer in the starting lineup is Terance Mann (6'7", 215lb senior). No, he's not the fictional writer from the Field of Dreams movie. Mann is kind of like Justise Winslow in style. He's a rugged, versatile player, capable of guarding 1-to-4, and not being a liability against many 5s either. He's a terrific rebounder and has improved his shooting over the years as well. He's the leader of this team, and a terrific player. The heart and soul of the Noles. Behind (and often alongside) those two is Mfiondu Kabengele (6'10", 250lb sophomore from Canada). Kabengele's major claim to fame is that he's Dikembe Mutombo's nephew. However, he's very little like his uncle in style of play. He is a strong rebounder and shotblocker somewhat like Dikembe, but Kabengele is also fairly skilled offensively and not afraid to get his shots up. The Cofer/Kabengele frontcourt pairing is a particularly interesting one offensively as it allows FSU to play 5-out at times. Kabengele is essentially a starter off the bench.

Wings: Technically, you could list Mann here as well. He's the starting SF. But FSU has so many wings that I wanted to balance the list out. Aside from Mann, the other starter is MJ Walker (6'5", 215lb sophomore). Walker is an elite athlete and good 3pt shooter who hasn't quite figured out how to play the rest of the game of basketball. The former McDonald's All-American somehow manages to be an inefficient offensive player despite being a decent shooter, mainly because he takes and misses a lot of bad 2pt shots. And despite his size and athleticism, he's an awful rebounder and a poor defender overall. It's a disappointing waste of talent. Still, because he's so athletic and can shoot, he is capable of a monster night at any time because he can get his shot off against anyone. The other primary wing is PJ Savoy (6'4", 210lb senior). Savoy isn't overly athletic, but he's on the court to do one thing: shoot 3s. And he puts them up, for sure. Over 80% of his FGA at FSU have been 3s. He's struggled a bit from 3 this year, but he's a very good career shooter from deep. Leaving him open is a baaaaaaad idea. Anthony Polite (6'6", 215lb redshirt freshman from Switzerland) is next on the long list of wings. Polite missed last season with knee problems. He is a lanky player with good shooting touch, but still is working to catch up to the pace of play offensively. Finally, Devin Vassell (6'5", 170lb freshman) rounds out the wings (sort of). Vassell can shoot and provides yet another pesky defensive presence, leading the team in steal rate.

Guards: Trent Forrest (6'4", 215lb junior) is the PG. He's a steady-Eddie at the position. Nothing flashy, just a tough, physical, pass-first type of guard. Technically a combo guard, he's got a PG mindset and a SG body. He's not the steadiest of ballhandlers though, and has been turnover-prone this year. But in a half-court game, he's a solid contributor. He's also a very strong and willing defender. Behind (and sometimes alongside) Forrest is David Nichols (6'1", 185lb grad transfer from Albany). Nichols is the flashier player of the two combo guards at FSU. He's a terrific 3pt threat and not bashful about shooting. He is, however, fairly sloppy with the ball, with a team-worst turnover rate. Still, he's a nice complement stylistically to the bigger, more physical, less 3pt shooty Forrest.

FSU has a ton of depth and athleticism, and they are committed to making the game a war of attrition. I won't even venture a guess as to the outcome, because fatigue is at play here.

Yes- no idea. I would feel better with Bolden available but this will be an all hands on deck game - I expect we will see Baker as crazy as that sounds. Need to buy minutes - in the first half. Duke needs to keep it in range and then make their run toward the end. It will be about managing energy.

Billy Dat
03-16-2019, 10:16 AM

I am surprised by that margin, too, considering that the stud carrying us is playing his 3rd game in as many days after not playing for 3 weeks, but since he's Superman maybe he's immune.

FSU put on a defensive clinic last night in the second half completely nullifying Kyle Guy. Hunter couldn't rev up his offense against equal athletes and Jerome just got it going too late. On offense, FSU was all one-on-one but they were able to make shots. I know Coffer likes to go off against us, but I am really impressed with Kabengele, the ACC 6th Man of the Year. That dude is a beast. I think Tony B got a little suckered with the solid first half of Kihei Clark because he played him A LOT in the second half and FSU abused him in iso situations.

I tend to think that the pre game narratives are not what drives the outcome. So, the narrative here is the FSU is deeper and used to playing a lot of guys and therefore they have an advantage. I am guessing that won't be the story line. My gut says our defensive performance will by the storyline. Looking at Kedsy's defense stats from the first FSU game, we were bad on the defensive glass and weren't able to turn them over as much as we would like. We also allowed a lot of 3s, but they didn't hit them. They have a pretty poor offensive turnover percentage so I hope we can get some steals, hold them to one shot, etc. Let's win this on D!!!!!!

DukieInKansas
03-16-2019, 10:35 AM
He's bald, you know.

Link? ;)

Hoping for a less stressful viewing evening tonight. Get a lead early and don't let off the gas.

wsb3
03-16-2019, 10:40 AM
...and for everyone who wants to be graced by the unquestionable absolute truth about all things college basketball and NCAA related from his righteousness, Jay Bilas: espn.com/watch

Very good.. (must spread comments around blah blah)

ncexnyc
03-16-2019, 10:45 AM
** FSU is a deep team, and will be fresher

** They are tall

** And athletic

** Last night I treated my bottle of Crown Royal as if it had a "best by 3-15-19" date on it. There may not be enough left for tonight.
I've got a fresh bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey we can crack if need be.:D:D

DBGoins
03-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Anyone know which bench do will have tonight?

First night we had the Carolina bench, last night we were moved to the other side of the court?

They do this based on the higher seeds choice or fan base sitting zone?

rsvman
03-16-2019, 10:49 AM
He's bald, you know.
Really? Wow.

Turns out that Dickie V only has one good eye, too. Who knew?

ns7
03-16-2019, 10:57 AM

We were a 4.5 favorite last night.

millerecu
03-16-2019, 11:17 AM
I am extremely excited to be taking my 8 year old son to his first Duke tournament game. While he has been to many games in Cameron, this one truly counts. Sitting 8 rows behind the bench won’t be so bad either!! Go Duke!!

Bob Green
03-16-2019, 11:23 AM

First night we had the Carolina bench, last night we were moved to the other side of the court?

We will be the home team tonight due to being the higher seed.

millerecu
03-16-2019, 11:24 AM

The higher seed gets the home side. We will be where the cheats were last night.

ChrisP
03-16-2019, 11:31 AM
White (6 minutes), AOC (3 minutes) and Joey Redshirt should be fresh. 9164

(Yea, I know/read the post where the good guys' bench got 47 minutes last PM and the evil ones' bench only played 30 and RJ and Tre both played 40.;))

You know who else should be fresh? CAM REDDISH! He's only played 51 minutes in TWO games (due of course to his propensity to turn it over - either by dribbling off his own leg or foot or committing a charging foul). As another poster said somewhere, I no longer have much expectation of Cam - except that he'll probably be inconsistent - but...it sure would be nice if this were the game where he breaks out of his funk.

In the two games in Charlotte, Cam has 13 pts, 4 rebs and....NINE TO's. He's 25% from the FT line, 25% from three point range, and less than 36% overall from the field. I know he's just a kid and am sure he's as frustrated about his ACC tourney performance thus far, but...he's really not been good. I'm hoping he'll snap out of it tonight and be an integral part of bringing home Duke's 21st ACC Tournament Championship!

Let's go, Cam! Let's go DUUUUUUKE!!!

killerleft
03-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Got two tickets for the game on stubhub. Reasonable price on the side. The more friendly fans, the louder we can be. My last good chance to see this special team in person! Let's drown out the cheater-bleaters who will stay just to cheer against us! Go Duke!!!

devildeac
03-16-2019, 11:38 AM
The higher seed gets the home side. We will be where the cheats were last night.

Wait! Who said we're going to hell?

Philsfan
03-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Got two tickets for the game on stubhub. Reasonable price on the side. The more friendly fans, the louder we can be. My last good chance to see this special team in person! Let's drown out the cheater-bleaters who will stay just to cheer against us! Go Duke!!!

Just got my ticket on Stubhub. Plentiful parking? First time in Charlotte proper. Let’s go, Duke!!

arnie
03-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Dakich just predicted a Seminole win. Of course, he also repeatedly raved about Reid Travis being the dominant force at Kentucky. That lasted a while until someone signaled the “error” and he then switched it.

As uninformed/ignorant about the college game and ACC, he can be a joke. But he’ll always have a warm spot in my heart - MJ shutdown.

Devil549
03-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Bolden will be really missed in this one hopefully can get some minutes out of Vrank. They are long and quick and play defense as they made UVA look normal on offense.

Expect a competitive game and hopefully we get some offense out of Cam and/or AOC.

GO DUKE

DBGoins
03-16-2019, 11:55 AM

I was thinking the same thing but Virginia had the bench we had last night?

That’s why I asked the question.

millerecu
03-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Just got my ticket on Stubhub. Plentiful parking? First time in Charlotte proper. Let’s go, Duke!!

I went Wednesday night. There are plenty of parking decks within 1-3 blocks from the Spectrum Center.

killerleft
03-16-2019, 12:02 PM

I don't know, either. Been to Charlotte. I know parking can be high if you aren't choosy/lucky. Anybody have suggestions/info?

Utley
03-16-2019, 12:02 PM
I am expecting quite the challenge tonight.

FSU is one of the few teams we just don’t out-athlete. My recollection was that even Zion was having trouble getting looks before his injury. Cause even more difficult without Bolden. We have to be both mentally and physically exhausted with the hoops of the Zion return - and our other third game in three days didn’t end well.

Even with all that, think we still find a way - but a way close game than that line indicates. Looking forward to seeing Duke play loose and K getting creactive again in managing the challenge. I hope he at least tries an even deeper bench tonight.

My god it would be great to see Cam find his stride tonight.

ns7
03-16-2019, 12:06 PM
FSU excels at ORs and is good at getting to the line and converting those shots. On the flip side they do turn it over a lot and aren't great at shooting. So a good outcome for us would be to turn them over frequently to generate easy buckets. This should have been an advantage for us last night but it didn't materialize despite UNC being sloppy with the ball.

I did think we did a nice job on the defensive glass last night and especially the last two games against UNC. We did not do well the last game against FSU once Zion went out. I expect Zion's return to help a lot here. This could a good spot for Jack to contribute too.

On defense FSU fouls A LOT. They go for blocks and are vulnerable to fouling / ORs when they don't succeed. RJ, Zion, Cam, and even Tre need to be aggressive in attacking the basket. We can't become a jump shooting team because of their length and size.

Devil549
03-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Also want to add I love the new Thursday -Saturday format and yes realize there were games Tuesday and Wednesday but reminds me of my youth.

The ACC Championship should be decide on Saturday night prime time for the world to enjoy. Also gives extra day before NCAAT and extra days in March are important IMO

wavedukefan70s
03-16-2019, 12:32 PM
This is going to be war.id feel a lot better if we had Bolden too.i hope goldwire got a few iv last night.might not be a bad idea for a few of our guys.

DukieInBrasil
03-16-2019, 01:45 PM
I think the coaching staff needs to take the ball out of Cam's hands. He's not a talented passer, is weak withe ball, and also turns it over by charging. He's actually quite good when he receives the ball on a cut, so if the coaching staff can orchestrate a few plays for him catching the ball in the paint or so, that alone would increase our offensive efficiency substantially.
I suspect we'll see some more Vrank tonight if for no other reason than he's got 5 fouls and Koumadje is huge, and it is not in Duke's best interest to waste Zion's energy on Koumadje and i doubt that Javin can play extensively without fouling.
I remember reading previously that FSU is a pretty turnover happy team, so i suspect that Tre's defensive pressure on the ball will be important. A reprise roll for J-Gold to turn up the defensive pressure might happen tonight too.

DU82
03-16-2019, 01:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing but Virginia had the bench we had last night?

That’s why I asked the question.

I believe it’s the choice of the higher seed.

jv001
03-16-2019, 01:47 PM
I think the coaching staff needs to take the ball out of Cam's hands. He's not a talented passer, is weak withe ball, and also turns it over by charging. He's actually quite good when he receives the ball on a cut, so if the coaching staff can orchestrate a few plays for him catching the ball in the paint or so, that alone would increase our offensive efficiency substantially.
I suspect we'll see some more Vrank tonight if for no other reason than he's got 5 fouls and Koumadje is huge, and it is not in Duke's best interest to waste Zion's energy on Koumadje and i doubt that Javin can play extensively without fouling.
I remember reading previously that FSU is a pretty turnover happy team, so i suspect that Tre's defensive pressure on the ball will be important. A reprise roll for J-Gold to turn up the defensive pressure might happen tonight too.

One thing for sure, Coach K is not afraid to use Vrank and Jordan in big games. Both have come through when needed. Jordan has come a long way from his air-balling a layup. GoDuke!

DU82
03-16-2019, 01:54 PM
I don't know, either. Been to Charlotte. I know parking can be high if you aren't choosy/lucky. Anybody have suggestions/info?

I typically park in the Charlotte-Mecklenberg government center parking deck, which is between 3rd and 4th, and Davidson and Caldwell. Easy in, and upon exiting, you turn left onto 3rd and then have easy access to I-277. (I’ve had plenty of meetings at the city’s offices, so I’m familiar with the deck, and I tend to go to places I know.)

There’s also on-street parking on Davidson (and others) a block further. Don’t think there’s a charge on weekends.

DBGoins
03-16-2019, 01:56 PM
I believe it’s the choice of the higher seed.

Anyone know which side they will choose? Guessing last nights side...

Where is FSUs section?

gocanes0506
03-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Anyone going? Im driving up now.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-16-2019, 02:14 PM
I am expecting quite the challenge tonight. FSU is one of the few teams we just don’t out-athlete. .

Only Leonard Hamilton could recruit 11 starter class players to the same team.....and only Hamilton could coach them to something other than a top five ranking all season. FSU is huge, athletic, deep.....and to my eye poorly coaches, foolish at crunch time, etc.

But they're always riled up and locked in for Duke....and I expect that tonight.

jhole
03-16-2019, 02:18 PM
We're heading down to Spectrum tonight and were not there previous evenings so curious when the first warm up, shoot around is, when can you get in and so forth?

hallcity
03-16-2019, 02:24 PM
We're heading down to Spectrum tonight and were not there previous evenings so curious when the first warm up, shoot around is, when can you get in and so forth?

I think the doors open an hour before the game.

84Duke
03-16-2019, 02:30 PM
I've got a fresh bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey we can crack if need be.:D:D

If I drank whiskey of any kind watching Duke basketball, I’d have 20 broken TVs in the basement. I could put tags on them to remind me who drove me to break each one.

rocketeli
03-16-2019, 02:51 PM

I think Cam's problem is that because Duke is not good at perimeter shooting teams really pack it in against us and thus Cam doesn't get the space he needs to be able to effectively drive/maneuver in the paint. It might be a subtle difference- 8 inches instead of 10 for example, but at this level of expertise that can make a big difference. For analogy, if you were an amateur violin player and the airline lost your violin right before you were going to play a tune or two at your sister's wedding reception, you could borrow someone's else's violin and be okay. But if that happened to Nicholas Kitchen right before a concert, there would be no concert. I'm sure Cam and the coaching staff are aware of the problem, but it's very hard to change how you've been doing things for 8 or 10 years in a few weeks. You suggestion could be a good one to consider. I also think that one of the reason's Cam is still a high draft pick is that if the NBA cared at all about what players do in college (spoiler alert, they don't) they know that there will be much more space around the basket in the more spread out, offense friendly NBA game and I'm sure we will see a much more effective Reddish at that point.

-jk
03-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Also want to add I love the new Thursday -Saturday format and yes realize there were games Tuesday and Wednesday but reminds me of my youth.

The ACC Championship should be decide on Saturday night prime time for the world to enjoy. Also gives extra day before NCAAT and extra days in March are important IMO

I like that it's not an early afternoon tip after a game ending close to midnight...

-jk

tteettimes
03-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Do we get TV Teddy tonight??

84Duke
03-16-2019, 03:28 PM
In the regular season, FSU was 0-3 vs. Duke/Virginia/UNC. The wonders of the unbalanced schedule.

Also notable is that FSU went 12-1 in their last 13 ACC games, now 14-1 including the 2 tournament wins. This is going to be a tough one.

proelitedota
03-16-2019, 03:31 PM
I want Vrank, White, Reddish, AOC, Goldwire to get the most minutes win or lose.

killerleft
03-16-2019, 03:42 PM
I typically park in the Charlotte-Mecklenberg government center parking deck, which is between 3rd and 4th, and Davidson and Caldwell. Easy in, and upon exiting, you turn left onto 3rd and then have easy access to I-277. (I’ve had plenty of meetings at the city’s offices, so I’m familiar with the deck, and I tend to go to places I know.)

There’s also on-street parking on Davidson (and others) a block further. Don’t think there’s a charge on weekends.

Thanks! We'll try that. Man, I'm gettin excited. I'd just about given up on seeing the guys this year. Thanks, Devils, for kickin' that Tar Heel butt!

CDu
03-16-2019, 03:53 PM
I want Vrank, White, Reddish, AOC, Goldwire to get the most minutes win or lose.

I can assure you that you won’t be getting your wish. There is a chance for a banner tonight. Coach K doesn’t take that lightly.

Wander
03-16-2019, 04:01 PM

There's no "win or lose" with that strategy. That's a certain loss. It won't happen.

weezie
03-16-2019, 04:15 PM
...notable is that FSU went 12-1 in their last 13 ACC games, now 14-1 including the 2 tournament wins. This is going to be a tough one.

I also think so. The first half is going to be tight.

And I hope we can all sing kumbaya in chat. We're on the same team!

dukelion
03-16-2019, 04:26 PM
Reminder to everyone that Zion played just 17 mins against Florida St. before the eye poke.

And in those 17 mins he had 11 pts and 8 rbs.

dukelifer
03-16-2019, 04:29 PM

I hope they get some minutes - most makes no sense

dukelion
03-16-2019, 04:37 PM

Goldwire has certainly cemented himself in the rotation going forward.......Jack and AOC will get mins and how much will depend if they actually hit a shot or to.

Devil549
03-16-2019, 04:52 PM
AOC needs to be ready to shoot....against man to man he catches and hesitates IMO.

Hopefully no TV Teddy but don’t be surprised if we see him.

I think Coach K will use same 9 as last night and whoever is playing well gets the minutes.

DUKE played 9 last night UNC 8....so I guess Roy utilizes hid bench more than Coach K😎

DavidBenAkiva
03-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Such an interesting team, Florida State. On one hand, Florida State has impressive depth, which you would think would help you them in a 3-game tournament like this. But on the other hand, FSU never really knows where it is going to get its offense from night to night. And so many of their lineups haven't played significant minutes with each other. They kind of figure it out on the fly.

We know that we'll see a lot of senior forward Terrance Mann and junior guard Trent Forrest, those two, along with 5-th year senior forward Phil Cofer and sophomore guard M.J. Walker, are the only ones playing much more than 20 minutes per game. Then there are another 7 guys that play somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes. Mfiondu Kabengele should play a lot more tan 21 minutes per game. He's a real talent as a shot-blocking big man with a bit of a raw but surprisingly effective arsenal on offense. It's almost a gift that Leonard Hamilton doesn't start or play Kabengele more than he does. The kid has a bright future.

We'll have to see if FSU can find a lineup that works against Duke in this one.

ns7
03-16-2019, 05:01 PM
In the regular season, FSU was 0-3 vs. Duke/Virginia/UNC. The wonders of the unbalanced schedule.

To be fair only Louisville, VT, and Syracuse had a win against that trio. And the last two got theirs against an injury impacted Duke lineup.

bbosbbos
03-16-2019, 05:01 PM
The speed of yesterday's game was too quick for Cam to handle. Hopefully K would slow the game a bit for him today.

D, fast break and reducing TO are the key for this game, imho.

szstark
03-16-2019, 05:05 PM

Why? Don’t you believe 18/19 year old kids can recover in 5 to 6 days or are you afraid of injuries or something else? K says we are all about championships - I think he would count tonight as one of them.

jipops
03-16-2019, 05:32 PM
The less we’re in the halfcourt the better. We’re not going to be able to shoot over them. I say pressure the ball up high as much as possible and get back to generating those live ball turnovers. Cofer is going to get his, might even be a 30pt night for him.

I know most are, but I’m really not worried about fatigue. We just have to take care of the ball on our end and disrupt them early on their end. Do that and I think we’ll be ok.

devildeac
03-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Should Zion wear protective goggles for this one? :mad:

Kedsy
03-16-2019, 05:55 PM
I know most are, but I’m really not worried about fatigue.

I tend to agree. The thing about fatigue in this situation is this: Coach K never plays a long rotation, so every time we’re in an ACCT final, this should be an issue, right? Well, in the last 20 years, we’ve played in 13 ACCT finals. We’ve won 11 out of those 13.

So unless there’s some special circumstances that haven’t applied over the last 20 years (and I don’t believe the fact that Zion didn’t play for 3 weeks before he dominated the last two games qualifies), I figure K’s got the fatigue thing under control.

MChambers
03-16-2019, 06:00 PM
I tend to agree. The thing about fatigue in this situation is this: Coach K never plays a long rotation, so every time we’re in an ACCT final, this should be an issue, right? Well, in the last 20 years, we’ve played in 13 ACCT finals. We’ve won 11 out of those 13.

So unless there’s some special circumstances that haven’t applied over the last 20 years (and I don’t believe the fact that Zion didn’t play for 3 weeks before he dominated the last two games qualifies), I figure K’s got the fatigue thing under control.

Also, really seems like Duke should win the tourney in Raycom’s last year.

dukelifer
03-16-2019, 06:00 PM

I don’t know- I am pretty fatigued. I much prefer the old afternoon final.

HereBeforeCoachK
03-16-2019, 06:33 PM
l.

Which has always surprised me because it is so counter intuitive for a team...especially when they had to play 4 to win it in 2017.

Of course, that team then seemed gassed mentally and physically the next week in Greenville SC and that house of horrors....

Rogue
03-16-2019, 06:46 PM
“ Mount Up Men.. Ride To The Sound Of The Cannon Fire,,,, There’s A Battle To Be Fought “!

LET’S GO DUKE . LET’S GO DUKE

subzero02
03-16-2019, 06:50 PM
We were a 4.5 favorite last night.

I've watched FSU basketball since 1993; their performance yesterday was definitely one of the 5 best I've seen out of that program. If we plan to come close to covering this spread, we need to box out and try to get in points in transition because their half court defense is very stout.

kAzE
03-16-2019, 06:56 PM
I'm actually very worried about this game, because we're not anywhere close to as deep as they are, which is a big advantage for them, with both teams playing their 3rd games in 3 days. By the tip of this game we won't have had even 24 hours to rest up after a physically and emotionally draining game against one of the fastest tempo teams in the country. Not having Marques against State's huge centers hurts matchup wise, and depth wise.

We're really going to have to dig deep and find energy where we can, and probably try to slow it down when we can. I'm hoping the bench guys can step up like they did against Carolina, and that Jordan has consumed a large amount bananas and Gatorade. Can't be getting cramps again.

Let's get this championship!!

jv001
03-16-2019, 07:00 PM

I agree on fatigue. Coach K masterfully managed Zion's minutes the last 2 games, working them around the 4 minute marks. I'm more concerned about FSU's length and athleticism. GoDuke!

Pghdukie
03-16-2019, 07:30 PM
Just remember, this is FSU's 3rd game in 3 nights also.

jv001
03-16-2019, 07:31 PM
Just remember, this is FSU's 3rd game in 3 nights also.

One an OT win. But their coach uses his entire bench. Well it looks like it. GoDuke!

-jk
03-16-2019, 07:41 PM
DBR Chat (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/misc.php?do=cchatbox) is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Pghdukie
03-16-2019, 07:49 PM
We will need a stat geek for this. What is the winning percentage when Duke wears their white uniforms for the championship game ?

ncexnyc
03-16-2019, 07:59 PM
I'm really worried about this game as well. I'm sure the team had to suffer through a grueling bus ride all the way to the Spectrum.;)

DU82
03-16-2019, 08:31 PM
We will need a stat geek for this. What is the winning percentage when Duke wears their white uniforms for the championship game ?

Assuming the higher seed has worn white, we are 14-4.

Pghdukie
03-16-2019, 08:37 PM
TV Teddy on duty tonight. Watch out !

robed deity
03-16-2019, 08:43 PM

Shocked he didn't call that Zion bump on that drive.

-jk

Tre’s “double dribble” was clearly a bobble...

-jk

weezie
fsu guy lowered shoulder into Z

duke4ever19
03-16-2019, 08:51 PM
A few missed opportunities on those fast breaks, but the defense is generating those opportunities, so that bodes well.

dukelion
03-16-2019, 08:53 PM
Man I wish Tre could hit at least 30% from three.....had two great looks.

Couple of deep makes away from opening this thing up......D has been outstanding.

dukelion
03-16-2019, 08:56 PM
Urrrgghhh....TO on inbounds and 3 pt play....yuck

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:02 PM
Again, way too many turnovers

InSpades
03-16-2019, 09:03 PM
The turnovers are painful. Just don't value the ball well enough. Like 5 of them have come on what should be easy passes.

Need to get some flow in the offense.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:04 PM
RJ needs to settle down.

jipops
03-16-2019, 09:05 PM
Too many turnovers, exactly what we didn’t want and can’t afford. Not making perimeter shots but that is expected.

Hopefully we can start forcing turnovers on their end and get in transition. This halfcourt offense isn’t going to cut it unless we get it to Zion every time down.

dukelion
03-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Man outside of Zion all our big time freshmen have been down right bad.....just need them to be decent and not the liabilities they've turned into.

g4orce
03-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Dear 3pt basketball gods, please forgive whatever we did to offend you and release the curse on our shooters. I think we've been punished enough.

fgb
03-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Dear 3pt basketball gods, please forgive whatever we did to offend you and release the curse on our shooters. I think we've been punished enough.

0-8. it still baffles me. they've only had their entire lives to practice shooting

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:12 PM
0-8. it still baffles me. they've only had their entire lives to practice shooting

Is like it's in our collective heads. Never seen anything like it.

dukelion
03-16-2019, 09:13 PM
I'll again wait for the stat buffs to tell me our 3pt% is of minimal concern.

wavedukefan70s
03-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Oops

jipops
Man outside of Zion all our big time freshmen have been down right bad....just need them to be decent and not the liabilities they've turned into.

Barrett is currently 4-9. Don’t think that is bad at all. The turnovers haven’t been good, for sure.

slower

They will revert to the mean! Have you not been paying attention?? :p

gocanes0506
03-16-2019, 09:18 PM
Stuck with the FSU fan who has never watched basketball before in my section

He is that guy in my section. Wife is shushing him

g4orce
One shooter in a funk... yeah, ok. That happens.

All our shooters in a funk? Unreal.

crdaul
Fla state player stepped on the line in front of TV Ted who's looking up instead of at the play

fgb

I don't think it's a problem that we can't make threes. the problem is that we won't quit shooting then.

dukelion
03-16-2019, 09:19 PM
They will revert to the mean! Have you not been paying attention?? :p

Oh yeah...the average is the average because....it's the average....how could I forget:confused:

slower
03-16-2019, 09:20 PM
I don't think it's a problem that we can't make threes. the problem is that we won't quit shooting then.

99 problems, but a 3-pointer fallin' ain't one...

fgb
03-16-2019, 09:24 PM
99 problems, but a 3-pointer fallin' ain't one...

very well played. I'm turning bias off, and turning jay-z on, poste haste.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:26 PM
Well, a 20-minute game for the championship.

duke4ever19
03-16-2019, 09:29 PM

I'm running on my treadmill till I get leg cramps, in solidarity with our players.

ncexnyc
03-16-2019, 09:29 PM
A decent half and I've managed to behave myself so far. I'm sure that will change these last 20 minutes.

JStuart
03-16-2019, 09:30 PM
very well played. I'm turning bias off, and turning jay-z on, poste haste.

At least Raycom -for their last ACC game evah, assigned Gminski and Brando...rather than Woody Durham's 'unbiased' son, from last night! Still better than Bilas.

jipops
03-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Law of averages, Duke will hit at least six 3’s after halftime.

arnie
03-16-2019, 09:32 PM

Yep, and I think we’re lucky it’s tied. Actually thought the refs were good to us, but some of the TOs were weird. Beleieve we win this game.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:34 PM
Yep, and I think we’re lucky it’s tied. Actually thought the refs were good to us, but some of the TOs were weird. Beleieve we win this game.

Pretty fortunate after a 1-9 performance from three and, what, 8 or 9 turnovers?

At least nobody but White is in foul trouble.

Danke Shane
03-16-2019, 09:36 PM
I have a bad feeling that some make up calls are about to drop in FSUs favor...

Steven43
03-16-2019, 09:36 PM
FSU plays more guys and has serious size inside. I think we will need better than average 3-point shooting.

I was at a movie (“The Favourite”). How’s that “better than average” 3-point shooting coming along? And what would constitute better than average for Duke?

dukelifer
03-16-2019, 09:39 PM
Law of averages, Duke will hit at least six 3’s after halftime.

Unless they put someone in with fresh legs- I don't think that is happening. AOC? Baker? Both are fresh and can shoot. Neither in the game.

knicknut
03-16-2019, 09:40 PM
We are draining threes in warmups. Then again, we were before the first half as well.

House G
03-16-2019, 09:40 PM

Especially since we have Lebron James on our team, although he has fallen in love with the 3 also.

robed deity
03-16-2019, 09:47 PM
Oh by the way, Zion can't pass.

kaufmjo
03-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Man Zion is good. And man does Bilas like to reuse the same material over and over and over....

jipops
03-16-2019, 09:49 PM
Keep this D up! And stay out of halfcourt or attack early in the shot clock.

-jk
03-16-2019, 09:50 PM
Man Zion is good. And man does Bilas like to reuse the same material over and over and over...

Come join us watching with G-man, and orange coke, on Raycom!

-jk

kaufmjo
03-16-2019, 09:53 PM
Come join us watching G-man, and orange coke, on Raycom!

-jk

No luck in NYC! Stuck w the two bald guys.

Oh and maybe Cam should take some closer shots.

CDu
03-16-2019, 09:53 PM

We are winning by 5 against a top-15 team while shooting 1-11 from 3. Three point shooting is a concern. But it is a small one given all the other awesome stuff we do.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Come join us watching with G-man, and orange coke, on Raycom!

-jk

Um.... It's orange-vanilla coke.

Son of Mojo
03-16-2019, 09:54 PM
Come join us watching G-man, and orange coke, on Raycom!

-jk

If they'd go full on Bill Hicks idea of advertising that stuff, I might try a can....glad to take G over benedictbilas (whose games I now mute if I have to watch).

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:55 PM
Yeah. Gminski is orders of magnitude better than Bilas.

Lewis1112
03-16-2019, 09:55 PM
Cam Reddish is terrible. A 35% season FG% is not going to cut it.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 09:57 PM
Cam Reddish is terrible. A 35% season FG% is not going to cut it.

Terrible is pushing it. We can agree that he is not shooting well.

jipops
Tv Teddy. Now THAT was a charge

robed deity
Ted Valentine. That was wayyyyy more a charge than any in CH.

jipops
03-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Javin is a monster on the boards tonight.

kaufmjo
03-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Really impressive performance. If we play like this we could run deep into April

BigZ
03-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Is that Tyus?

scottdude8
Love seeing Jack influencing the game without scoring. That block is a good sign for him going forward.

Lewis1112
Terrible is pushing it. We can agree that he is not shooting well.

Hoping he will break out of it but I can’t remember the last good thing he’s done since FSU. He’s our Romeo Langford and I hope it doesn’t come down to him in the tourney.

fgb
03-16-2019, 10:08 PM
Hoping he will break out of it but I can’t remember the last good thing he’s done since FSU. He’s our Romeo Langford and I hope it doesn’t come down to him in the tourney.

so, why is he going pro?

Skydog
03-16-2019, 10:08 PM
DeLaurier with great hands? I didn’t know that guy existed. Great game by Javin so far.

jipops
03-16-2019, 10:11 PM
FSU definitely going to come back if we gone back to halfcourt.

Lewis1112
03-16-2019, 10:12 PM
so, why is he going pro?

He’s always been pegged as a top 5 based on upside but I don’t see it. Hope he proves me wrong!

fgb
03-16-2019, 10:12 PM
this game is ours to win.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 10:15 PM
FSU definitely going to come back. We’ve gone back to halfcourt.

I disagree.
I think we should play deliberately and stop shooting threes entirely. If we do that, we win the game.

Skydog
03-16-2019, 10:16 PM
Zion loves to go for those steals. Works great mostly but when it doesn’t we have trouble covering and give up open 3’s. Not complaining though - it’s a net plus and Zion has the right to do whatever the hell Zion wants.

Kjeffrey
03-16-2019, 10:19 PM

Louisville?

Skydog
so, why is he going pro?

Maybe smart on his part. He’s probably a top 8 pick now. Stay another year yes he could be top 3 or so. Or second round...

rsvman
That should've been hoop and the harm for Zion.

kaufmjo
03-16-2019, 10:25 PM
Why can’t ESPN show replays where we want to see if there was foul.

rsvman
03-16-2019, 10:26 PM
No fouls, no threes.
And make free throws.

sweetchiba51
03-16-2019, 10:30 PM
Fsu at the free throw line from here on out

BigZ
03-16-2019, 10:31 PM
TV Teddy

scottdude8
03-16-2019, 10:33 PM
Cam called game. Once again showing he isn’t reading these threads...

jipops
Tre Stones!

kaufmjo
Tre Jones MOTM

g4orce
Have the 3pt toda forgiven us??? Cam with the rattle-it-in 3!

wavedukefan70s
03-16-2019, 10:35 PM
TV Teddy

Teddy makes me curse my tv more than any other human being on earth.

Steven43
03-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Does anybody have any idea what the heck is going on with all of these offensive charge calls that have suddenly become so abundant? Is this an anti-Duke thing or are they calling them like this against all teams? I’ve never seen anything like it. For years and years the benefit of the doubt has gone to the offensive player. Now, suddenly they are giving the defensive player call after call, and often on obvious flops. These guys act like they’ve been hit by a cannonball the way they throw themselves backwards. The refs are calling it as if the offensive player can’t even touch the defender when driving to the basket, like they can’t make any contact whatsoever. I’m just completely stupefied by this.