PDA

View Full Version : Duke's Nolan Richardson

hondoheel
11-02-2007, 03:17 AM
From the DBR Shaw writeup:

You can see it on the break, of course, but you can really see a big difference when they’re defending. They’re swarming guys. Three or four people will show up and just surround the ball. They forced Shaw into 34 turnovers, which has to be close to a record, exhibition or no.

DeMarcus Nelson, Gerald Henderson, and Nolan Richardson are all capable of putting huge pressure on the perimeter. But Greg Paulus and Lance Thomas have improved considerably as defenders, Paulus not least of all because he’s healthy. Jon Scheyer and Paulus aren’t as talented individually as some of the other guys are, but in a team framework, they can be really good.

:D

Lavabe
11-02-2007, 05:54 AM
So, we should expect the Devils to give opponents "forty minutes of hell" this year?

Cheers,
Lavabe

Turtleboy
11-02-2007, 06:29 AM
It always helps to have a coach on the floor.

Karl Beem
11-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Let's not forget Tyler King.

hondoheel
11-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Well they've fixed Smith's name, but Tyler King remains. Give em a few more hours and some coffee, I guess.

-jk
11-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I think the coffee finally hit the spot. http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Do we have an over/under on how many times we see "Greg Zoubek" or "Brian Koubek" this year?

-jk

DevilCastDownfromDurham
11-02-2007, 09:22 AM
We also got another "Reddick" sighting in the GoDuke quotes.

I, for one, am firing off an angry letter . . . ;)