PDA

View Full Version : Stubhub Time For Many Duke Fans?

hallcity
03-11-2019, 03:58 PM
Maybe I should be ignoring this for now but I just got info from Duke about NCAA Tournament ticket purchases. Duke will only get 500 tickets to the regionals and 1,750 to the Final Four should the team be fortunate enough to advance to either. Isn't that way down from past years? Seems like I remember Duke getting 5,000 tickets to the last Final Four we went to. If Duke is able to go to the Eastern Regional in D.C., the cutoff to get tickets from Duke could easily be a cumulative donation of over $1,000,000!

Maybe all the athletic department staff getting tickets is cutting into what's available for Iron Dukes.

duke2x
03-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Maybe I should be ignoring this for now but I just got info from Duke about NCAA Tournament ticket purchases. Duke will only get 500 tickets to the regionals and 1,750 to the Final Four should the team be fortunate enough to advance to either. Isn't that way down from past years? Seems like I remember Duke getting 5,000 tickets to the last Final Four we went to. If Duke is able to go to the Eastern Regional in D.C., the cutoff to get tickets from Duke could easily be a cumulative donation of over $1,000,000!

Maybe all the athletic department staff getting tickets is cutting into what's available for Iron Dukes. You don't donate to the Iron Dukes to get tickets. You donate for the mission. Stubhub and its current exorbitant fee structure is still cheaper and more reliable if you only want tickets.

It used to be 750 for the regionals and 200 for the first weekend. Student demand also could be cutting those numbers down. You can't predict demand until you know where we will be and who we play. Jacksonville should be a relatively easy ticket without FSU and FL, and it's a very likely outcome with Columbia right now. The Louisville regional could be Duke, TX, WI, and FL, meaning nobody but bitter Louisville fans will be there with us.

Minneapolis is not a high ticket demand Final 4 because it's too hard to get there. Hotels are very scarce on Saturday until people go home on Sunday. It also snows a lot in early April as I found out in 2001. I could have gotten tickets without being an Iron Duke in 2004 to San Antonio.