PDA

View Full Version : Empire Classic 2019 @ MSG

socaldukie
03-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Anyone see that Duke is playing in the Empire Classic at MSG? Nov 21-22 with Georgetown, Texas, and Cal. Just got email for internet presale. Doesn't say who they play or which day. This benefits the Wounded Warrior Project.

Anyone have any additional info?

Billy Dat
03-11-2019, 12:38 PM
I think Duke plays both days, we've been in this event before, it used to be called something else. We are guaranteed two games so we'll play once on each day. If we win both, we "win" the event.

weezie
03-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Anyone see that Duke is playing in the Empire Classic at MSG? Nov 21-22 with Georgetown, Texas, and Cal. Just got email for internet presale. Doesn't say who they play or which day. This benefits the Wounded Warrior Project.

Who sent the presale email? Duke or Wounded Warrior Project?

DavidBenAkiva
03-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Exciting news! I am moving to NYC this summer and definitely plan on attending.

Patrick Ewing coaching in the Garden? Sign me up for that. Cal is an embarrassingly bad team right now. Texas is expected to fire Shaka Smart at the end of the season. I am hoping for a Duke-Georgetown matchup. The Hoyas could have a good team next year. Omer Yurtseven is going to be available to play after transferring from NC State.

socaldukie
03-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Who sent the presale email? Duke or Wounded Warrior Project?

The email for presale was from MSG.

DU82
03-11-2019, 02:43 PM
I think Duke plays both days, we've been in this event before, it used to be called something else. We are guaranteed two games so we'll play once on each day. If we win both, we "win" the event.

If it’s actually a tournament, there will almost assuredly be two other games on campus (hosted by each of the four top teams) to make it a “full” tournament so that we get four games for the “price” of one.

BeachBlueDevil
03-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Exciting news! I am moving to NYC this summer and definitely plan on attending.

Patrick Ewing coaching in the Garden? Sign me up for that. Cal is an embarrassingly bad team right now. Texas is expected to fire Shaka Smart at the end of the season. I am hoping for a Duke-Georgetown matchup. The Hoyas could have a good team next year. Omer Yurtseven is going to be available to play after transferring from NC State.

Georgetown has a good young backcourt as well and they add Yurtseven in the front court, should be a solid team watch.

VA_BDevil
03-11-2019, 03:57 PM

So is Calipari fielding a non-UK team for this event? Won't that give him an unfair recruiting advantage?:rolleyes: