PDA

View Full Version : Debbie Jones

DaleDuke7
03-08-2019, 07:46 AM
I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned it in another thread, so I thought a new thread would be best. Tyus and Tre Jones announced on Instagram that their mother, Debbie Jones, was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Here’s the link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Buu1MN7AiSZ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1spslrvn64qxe

For any of those that don’t have Instagram, here’s the post from Tyus:

1tyus: We are writing this post so that this information comes from our family, and that we can answer any questions before they are asked. Our mother, our rock, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. We are fortunate that it was caught at an early stage. We want to let everyone know she is doing great and fighting extremely hard. Anyone that knows her, knows how tough and truly strong she is and that she will beat this! We would like to ask for prayers, positive vibes, and privacy for our family during this time. We love you momma and we got your back!

What a tough announcement to make. Debbie Jones is part of the Duke family always. I am really glad that it was caught early and am praying for a quick and smooth remission. Let’s all be understanding of the Jones family and whatever choices they decide to make. This is way bigger than basketball.

weezie
03-08-2019, 08:05 AM
She is obviously a strong mother who raised two fine, tough-nosed young men. Fight on Mrs. Jones!

Indoor66
03-08-2019, 08:08 AM
My prayers go out to Debbie and all of the family today. I will light a candle for her.

chrishoke
03-08-2019, 09:07 AM
Cancer sucks! Prayers for the family.

DavidBenAkiva
03-08-2019, 09:13 AM
She is obviously a strong mother who raised two fine, tough-nosed young men. Fight on Mrs. Jones!

Four young men! Tyus is the middle child of Jadee and Tre Jones and they have a half brother, Reggie Bunch. And they are all part of the Duke family. The Joness of Apple Valley, Minnesota are a Blue Devil family, through and through. My hope is for a speedy and full recovery.

weezie
03-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Four young men! Tyus is the middle child of Jadee and Tre Jones and they have a half brother, Reggie Bunch. And they are all part of the Duke family. The Joness of Apple Valley, Minnesota are a Blue Devil family, through and through. My hope is for a speedy and full recovery.

My apologies to all the children!

Troublemaker
03-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Sad. One of my favorite Duke families. Thoughts and prayers to her and her family.

ehdg
03-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Sending Positive Vibes her way and thoughts and prayers for the family!! Fight the bastage with all you got!!

Native
03-08-2019, 10:24 AM
I was fortunate enough to be able to meet Debbie Jones — as well as Jadee and Tre — in 2015 during the Final Four. Beyond a great degree of kindness it was very evident that she is indeed the rock of the family. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to her.

DukieInKansas
03-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Praying for strength and courage for all the Jones family as they face this battle.

jv001
03-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Sending Positive Vibes her way and thoughts and prayers for the family!! Fight the bastage with all you got!!

Amen! I HATE THE WORD, CANCER. I pray the Lord will heal Mrs. Jones and be with the family through her battle. GoDuke!

kako
03-08-2019, 03:45 PM
So scary for the family. Pulling hard for her...

kako
03-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Hope Mrs. Jones had her spirits lifted last night watching her son lead the team to victory!

9F

Furniture
03-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Sending postive thoughts and energy from the Furniture family....

BandAlum83
03-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Sending postive thoughts and energy from the Furniture family...

The furniture family?

Is your family partial to any particular room, style, or genre?

Any art deco, or post modern pieces in the family?

-jk
03-30-2019, 02:43 PM
The furniture family?

Is your family partial to any particular room, style, or genre?

Any art deco, or post modern pieces in the family?

The Duke Store has a fine selection (https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/61421.jpg)!

-jk

BandAlum83
03-30-2019, 03:03 PM
The Duke Store has a fine selection (https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/61421.jpg)!

-jk

That cat is just plain creepy. Apologies to furniture if that is a member of the family:

Hartford Dukie
04-08-2019, 01:39 PM
More on the Jones family working together to beat Debbie's cancer. Great read - great family!

‘Our Superwoman’: Mother’s cancer fight gives new purpose to life and basketball for Tyus, Tre and the Jones family'

https://theathletic.com/911150/2019/04/08/tyus-tre-jones-debbie-cancer-fight-duke-timberwolves-final-four/

Behind pay wall

revmel53
04-08-2019, 04:42 PM
All of our prayers will be with the Joneses. What a great family!
Blessings...