PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Self Promotion - theater division

Bostondevil
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
It's getting close. The next production of one of my plays, Cloud 7, is Tuesday, November 13th at the BCA (Tremont Street in the South End, right next to Hammersley's). It's a festival of 8 short plays called SlamBoston coproduced by Another Country (www.anothercountry.org) and Company One. The audience votes on their favorite play at the end of the evening. Tickets are $17 and it's a one night deal. If any of you Boston area posters want to take a chance on a fun evening of theater, come on out. (And vote for your favorite play, even if it isn't mine.) I'll be there so if you do come out, please say hi.

rthomas
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Break a leg!

dukemomLA
11-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Obviously I'm in L.A. and can't attend. But BREAK A LEG. And I have emailed a few of my Boston friends. HOpefully they will come.

Bostondevil
11-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks Dukemom, that's very nice of you! It's always my goal when I'm involved with a show (I direct and produce some too) to try and get at least one non regular theater goer to give it a try.

YmoBeThere
11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Tickets available via walk up or do you have to purchase somewhere(i.e. Ticketmaster)?

Bostondevil
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Ymo, my guess is this show will sell out in advance. I'm pretty sure you can purchase tickets through Another Country's website. I'll go check.

No, you can't purchase through the website so you'll have to pay for them at the theater but I would call ahead and reserve your ticket, 617-933-8600. Do you know the BCA well? There are 4 theater spaces, the Plaza Theater is one of the black boxes next door to the really big ones, it probably seats 120, something like that.

YmoBeThere
11-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Not sure yet if I can make it...work dictates, I will be out of town for the entire week prior.

Bostondevil
11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Well, if you might go, go ahead a reserve a ticket since you don't have to pay in advance. They'll have a wait list if you have to cancel. And it might not sell out since it's on a Tuesday night. Within the local theater community these events are quite popular though.

Bostondevil
11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Update: My play didn't win but to be honest, it didn't deserve to, and a good friend's play did win, so all in all a great evening of theater. My play was done well but not great. Still people laughed and had a good time.

Next chance to see my work in the Boston area will be in January at the Acme New Works Winter Festival in Maynard, Mass. Two dates, Friday 1/11 and Saturday 1/19. The play is called Make it a Good One, for now at least. It's my first non comedy although by no means is it depressing, just not intentionally funny. I'll post another shameless self promotion thread closer to the date. I haven't checked the schedule yet, hope it doesn't conflict with any important Duke games. (Or Pats playoff games.)