PDA

View Full Version : Klemson/uncheats in a tight one

duketaylor
03-02-2019, 07:27 PM
in which Ol' Roy left the game with (likely) vertigo. Hope he's ok.

Go Tigers!!!

CDu
03-02-2019, 07:30 PM
in which Ol' Roy left the game with (likely) vertigo. Hope he's ok.

Go Tigers!!!

Someone doesn’t understand the purpose of the “I’m not going to jinx it” thread. ;)

I am sure UNC will pull this out.

duketaylor
03-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Well, I did have unc -4, so there's that;)

Kjeffrey
03-02-2019, 07:49 PM
I'm glad I'm not a Clemson fan. Missed free throws and lay ups...ugh!

WakeDevil
03-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Does Sean May have a room at Golden Corral?

wavedukefan70s
03-02-2019, 07:58 PM
How luke maye hasnt fouled out .

Indoor66
03-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Does Sean May have a room at Golden Corral?

Yeah, the main dining room.

wavedukefan70s
03-02-2019, 08:08 PM
No call smh.

Acymetric
Horrible execution at the end by Clemson. Way too late to go for a quick 2 there, gotta take a 3 to tie.

Dr. Rosenrosen
Highway robbery.

Tooold
Terrible non-call with time running out. Clemson should have been on the line with a chance to tie.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Horrible execution at the end by Clemson. Way too late to go for a quick 2 there, gotta take a 3 to tie.
Uh, they were down 2...

Acymetric
03-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Wait, they were only down at that point...my mistake. Still not a great play, even if a foul should have been called.

Bigwayne17

They were only down two...

Edit....you corrected before my reply

Kfanarmy
And Clemson gets a Swoffording on the final play of the game!

robed deity
03-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Decent play, esp at home. One usually gets a call in that situation.

Acymetric
Uh, they were down 2...

Yeah, I realized that just after I posted it.

SavDukeGrad
That was a horrible no call!

DUKIECB
03-02-2019, 08:12 PM
It never ceases to amaze me at just how lucky the cheats are. Over and over again.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Thievery aside, is that the first UNC game in the aw shucks era where they finished the game with no timeouts?

Kjeffrey
03-02-2019, 08:13 PM
That was a horrible no call!

Yes and sadly not surprising based on how the refs were calling that game.

Indoor66
03-02-2019, 08:14 PM
Anything on Roy? I could not watch the game.

plimnko
03-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Anything on Roy? I could not watch the game.

https://abc11.com/sports/roy-williams-helped-off-court-during-unc-game/5164691/

ncexnyc
03-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Not sure Clemson can dig themselves out of this hole. They'll need to string several wins together for any shot at the NCAA's.

Terrible play to end the game. They could have easily have called a foul on that play, but with so much time left you could have tried for a better shot.

GGLC
03-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Cheaters continue to prosper. Infuriating.

duketaylor
03-02-2019, 08:50 PM
"Terrible play to end the game. They could have easily have called a foul on that play, but with so much time left you could have tried for a better shot."

He also could've pulled up for a jumper, whether a 2 or 3, and been uncontested. Yet, he chose the bull in the china shop idea of barreling into two Tarholes.

gofurman
03-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Clemson can go 9-9. Beat ND and Syracus. 500 ACC team Can get in w wins on VT and Syr

wavedukefan70s
03-02-2019, 09:30 PM

He was faking it to hide being outcoached. J/k.thats what they said about k in 95 ( I know it was tasteless but I had to).in all seriousness I hope hes ok.

gofurman
03-02-2019, 09:34 PM
He was faking it to hide being outcoached. J/k.thats what they said about k in 95 ( I know it was tasteless but I had to).in all seriousness I hope hes ok.

In all seriousness we need to copy Clemson for the UNC game. If UNC hadn't shot 13-33 threes Clemson wins. Cam Johnson was 6/8 threes.man. Clemson dropped off the O boards and got everyone back to allow no run outs by UNC. They were determined to make it a half court game and it worked ...very little fast break for unc and lots of threes which is not their game as they want it. Unc wants to score in paint. Unfortunately this nc team ( Johnson, maybe, white ) can shoot threes.

PackMan97
03-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Decent play, esp at home. One usually gets a call in that situation.

One never gets that call against Carolina...and I didn't even see the game to know what the play was about. Just that when playing the CHEATERS, never expect to get the call in any situation...unless it's your coach getting T'ed up for taking off his jacket. You'll always get that call.

Indoor66
03-02-2019, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the link.

UrinalCake
03-02-2019, 09:56 PM
If Clemson had won, they could have printed t-shirts of Roy spinning around with the caption "A Dizzying Win"

wavedukefan70s
03-02-2019, 10:06 PM
In all seriousness we need to copy Clemson for the UNC game. If UNC hadn't shot 13-33 threes Clemson wins. Cam Johnson was 6/8 threes.man. Clemson dropped off the O boards and got everyone back to allow no run outs by UNC. They were determined to make it a half court game and it worked ...very little fast break for unc and lots of threes which is not their game as they want it. Unc wants to score in paint. Unfortunately this nc team ( Johnson, maybe, white ) can shoot threes.

Absolutely. Getting back is key to controlling the game.

DUKIE V(A)
03-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Terrible non-call with time running out. Clemson should have been on the line with a chance to tie.

Not to mention with Carolina up 1 and just under 10 seconds left, Carolina threw long over the Clemson press. Kenny Williams caught the ball but took at least 2 if not 3 steps before dribbling. No call. He was then fouled and hit 1 of 2 to set up the final and decisive no call. Clemson should have been down 1 with the ball and a little over 9 seconds left.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Not to mention with Carolina up 1 and just under 10 seconds left, Carolina threw long over the Clemson press. Kenny Williams caught the ball but took at least 2 if not 3 steps before dribbling. No call. He was then fouled and hit 1 of 2 to set up the final and decisive no call. Clemson should have been down 1 with the ball and a little over 9 seconds left.
I counted four steps. No one dared mention it.

DUKIE V(A)
03-02-2019, 10:28 PM
I counted four steps. No one dared mention it.

I was trying to give my best Bilas impression and not appear too biased. It was a ridiculous no call. Very obvious. Always called — except this time.

Troublemaker
03-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Hard to get too upset about the non-call since this game is almost meaningless to Duke.

We know it all comes down to the final game in Chapel Hill.

weezie
03-03-2019, 01:00 AM
All joking aside, seriously, does Roy need a pacemaker?
This is a long time for vertigo isn't it? And I really mean it, I'm not joking or trying to be mean.

bluesin
03-03-2019, 01:41 AM
This is a long time for vertigo isn't it? And I really mean it, I'm not joking or trying to be mean.

My grandmother has had vertigo for 40+ years according to her and her doctor, so I honestly don't know but in my personal observed experience it can last a long time. I don't think they've ever suggested a pacemaker as a solution, mostly they told her not to drive and stay off boats/away from large bodies of water as both kinds of motion set her off, I believe she also has some prescription meds that supposedly help.

DUKIE V(A)
03-03-2019, 05:16 AM
Hard to get too upset about the non-call since this game is almost meaningless to Duke.

First, aside from your point above, I acknowledge the non-calls would not have guaranteed a Carolina loss. However, either call would have given Clemson an opportunity it seemed to have earned

In terms of your point, I agree if UVA wins out. If UVA happens to lose one of their last two, and assuming Duke and Carolina win vs. Wake and BC respectively then it matters to anyone who cares about sharing an regular season title with Carolina.

Troublemaker
03-03-2019, 09:00 AM
First, aside from your point above, I acknowledge the non-calls would not have guaranteed a Carolina loss. However, either call would have given Clemson an opportunity it seemed to have earned

In terms of your point, I agree if UVA wins out. If UVA happens to lose one of their last two, and assuming Duke and Carolina win vs. Wake and BC respectively then it matters to anyone who cares about sharing an regular season title with Carolina.

Agreed, and that covers the "almost" in "almost meaningless" from my post. Ultimately, I'm not sure I care too much whether it's a two-way or three-way tie. With the odds of an outright title pretty much being gone, I'm just hoping we end up in a tie atop the ACC somehow. If it's three-way, so be it.

60sDukie
03-03-2019, 09:03 AM
My grandmother has had vertigo for 40+ years according to her and her doctor, so I honestly don't know but in my personal observed experience it can last a long time. I don't think they've ever suggested a pacemaker as a solution, mostly they told her not to drive and stay off boats/away from large bodies of water as both kinds of motion set her off, I believe she also has some prescription meds that supposedly help.

I have bppv (what Roy says he has). I too bring on an attack by looking up or with a jerky head movement. Mine is the result of a vestibular neuritis attack on nerves in my inner ear. Don’t know about his. As far as I know there is really nothing you can go. I am just careful how I move my head.

UrinalCake
03-03-2019, 09:12 AM

So the difference is between a.) sharing a three-way tie atop the standings, with us getting the #1 seed in the ACCT via tiebreaker, or b.) sharing a two-way tie atop the standings with UVA, with us getting the #1 seed. I’d agree that that difference is pretty meaningless.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-03-2019, 10:23 AM
So the difference is between a.) sharing a three-way tie atop the standings, with us getting the #1 seed in the ACCT via tiebreaker, or b.) sharing a two-way tie atop the standings with UVA, with us getting the #1 seed. I’d agree that that difference is pretty meaningless.
But can’t we just hate on the cheaters? I mean, if I don’t get my daily fix, it’s bad for my health. You can’t keep that kind of justifiable repugnance bottled up.

UrinalCake
03-03-2019, 11:57 AM
But can’t we just hate on the cheaters? I mean, if I don’t get my daily fix, it’s bad for my health. You can’t keep that kind of justifiable repugnance bottled up.

Oh absolutely. I wanted them to lose this game badly. I was also reminded that the same Miami team that we completely dismantled took the CHeats to overtime.

bigperm13
03-03-2019, 12:52 PM
That unc/Miami game was a noon start. They barely won that one, got pasted by the Ville at home in a game that started at noon. Duke's lowest point total of the season was 66 against GT. That game started at noon. I wasn't really ready for the start of that game and all I had to do was wake up.

sagegrouse
03-03-2019, 12:59 PM
I have bppv (what Roy says he has). I too bring on an attack by looking up or with a jerky head movement. Mine is the result of a vestibular neuritis attack on nerves in my inner ear. Don’t know about his. As far as I know there is really nothing you can go. I am just careful how I move my head.

"BPPV" as in?

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo causes brief episodes of mild to intense dizziness.

Per Mayo Clinic web site.

whereinthehellami
03-03-2019, 01:03 PM
That unc/Miami game was a noon start. They barely won that one, got pasted by the Ville at home in a game that started at noon. Duke's lowest point total of the season was 66 against GT. That game started at noon. I wasn't really ready for the start of that game and all I had to do was wake up.

What does that mean? Didn't Miami and the Ville have to play at noon?

bigperm13
03-03-2019, 01:57 PM
They did and they both played well. Good on Miami and Louisville. The other team always has to play at the same time or it wouldn't be a game. Carolina sleepwalked through both their noon starts was my point. They're a really good team (gnashes teeth) but they weren't either time they had games at noon. Duke was sluggish as well but luckily Georgia Tech was also pretty off that day and it showed with the 66-53 result.

CDu
03-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Agreed, and that covers the "almost" in "almost meaningless" from my post. Ultimately, I'm not sure I care too much whether it's a two-way or three-way tie. With the odds of an outright title pretty much being gone, I'm just hoping we end up in a tie atop the ACC somehow. If it's three-way, so be it.

Well, the difference, in my opinion, largely comes down to the other side of the 50/50 proposition next Saturday. By winning, UNC keeps comfortably alive their chances of an ACC title. They still control their own destiny there. With a loss, they would be in the same boat as us: needing to win in Chapel Hill and get help. So while that doesn’t directly affect Duke, it does matter to me. Any chance to bump our rivals down is a big plus for me.

On a matter directly related to Duke, it all but eliminates any chance of us having a better ACC record than them. And it officially ruled out any possibility of a 10-loss season for them.

elvis14
03-03-2019, 05:13 PM

As a Clemson Alum I have to tell you, it's not hard at all.

I didn't see the non calls at the end of the game. I started to watch some of the game, Clemson had a small lead in the first half. Clemson player drives the lane gets chest bumped by a Cheat player, loses the ball out of bounds. No call, ball given to UNCheat, TV turned off. 9F

devildeac
03-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Yea, highly improbable a pacemaker would help his vertigo as it's usually positional/benign or an inner ear and/or neurology problem and not a cardiology/rhythm disturbance issue.

devildeac
03-03-2019, 05:41 PM
"BPPV" as in?

Correct.

devildeac
03-03-2019, 05:43 PM
As a Clemson Alum I have to tell you, it's not hard at all.

I didn't see the non calls at the end of the game. I started to watch some of the game, Clemson had a small lead in the first half. Clemson player drives the lane gets chest bumped by a Cheat player, loses the ball out of bounds. No call, ball given to UNCheat, TV turned off. 9F

Yep, there's your home court advantage/cooking, unless you play the cheats. :mad:

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-03-2019, 09:51 PM
"BPPV" as in?

I have suffered from this off and on, usually in the mornings, and it usually fades quickly. I am fortunate, as when it happens, I am pretty much immobilized.

Rivalry is fun and all, but I don't wish a serious case of that on anyone.