PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Miami (Mar 2, 2019)

JBDuke
03-02-2019, 06:08 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Miami today?

flyingdutchdevil
03-02-2019, 06:09 PM
I’ve always wanted to vote for bolden in the acc. But every time I want to, some one is waaaaaaay better.

This game, bolden was great.

So there

Troublemaker
03-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Tre for what he did to Lykes -- seriously, check out that stat line from Lykes.

Jack shooting again might be the most important development, though.

ncexnyc
03-02-2019, 06:15 PM
RJ was RJ, but Tre's job on Lykes was outstanding. He basically cut the head off the snake.

BigZ
03-02-2019, 06:15 PM
https://youtu.be/0J2QdDbelmY

kAzE
03-02-2019, 06:30 PM
I’ve always wanted to vote for bolden in the acc. But every time I want to, some one is waaaaaaay better.

This game, bolden was great.

So there

That was last game for me :D

RJ with the near triple double gets my vote today, but there are 4-5 deserving players.

WillJ
03-02-2019, 06:31 PM
I voted for Jack White just because he got off of his epic cold run. Our 3-point shooting has been mediocre-to-bad all year...I really think that getting decent three=point shooting out of two of the three of Jones, White and AOC is crucial. This was an encouraging step.

wsb3
03-02-2019, 06:36 PM
I voted for Jack White just because he got off of his epic cold run. Our 3-point shooting has been mediocre-to-bad all year...I really think that getting decent three=point shooting out of two of the three of Jones, White and AOC is crucial. This was an encouraging step.

I did as well..

Wander
03-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Tre for what he did to Lykes -- seriously, check out that stat line from Lykes.

Jack shooting again might be the most important development, though.

Voted for White for breaking the horrible streak, but Tre is probably the real answer. His defense is what keeps this Zion-less Duke team from looking like the 2014 upset-in-the-first-round Duke team.

DukieInBrasil
03-02-2019, 06:43 PM
My heart wanted to vote for Jack, and going forward having him be able to make a 3 or 2 per game could really improve this team.
My head/heart combo wanted to vote for Big Ques b/c dude played his best game at Duke and that deserves recognition. Seriously, he owned the paint today.
But my head + eyes had to give it to Tre for the absolute demolition he put on Chris Lykes. 1-15 FGs for 4 total points. Tre absolutely annihilated their best player and Miami was never able to threaten Duke in any way b/c Tre cut the head off the snake, so to speak. Miami has a few good players and nearly took uNC down, so if they had been able to get that level of confidence up at the beginning of the game, who knows how it would have played out. Tre didn't let that happen. Additionally, Tre shot well from the floor and had 6 steals to go with 5 assists (4 turns). Stellar defensive performance from our floor general. Kudos.

Ian
03-02-2019, 08:22 PM
I voted for White because this game completely changed after he hit his first 3. It totally energized the team and Duke went on an pretty epic run right afterwards.

arnie
03-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Marques finally getting it together. Thought this was his best or 2nd best game as a Dukie.

jv001
03-02-2019, 09:24 PM
I went with Jack for the simple reason if this get's him going again from 3, it could be huge as Duke goes forward into tournament play. RJ, Cam, Marques and Tre were deserving as well. GoDuke!

moonpie23
03-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Tre was surgical...

OZZIE4DUKE
03-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Jack White. His shot went walk about for six weeks, but it’s back now! LGD GTHc!

weezie
03-03-2019, 12:49 AM
RJ is very possibly the most gifted athlete to ever step on Cameron's floor. Mercury smooth, laser intense, nasty, joyful and wicked.
We're going to miss him...

Bob Green
03-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Marques Bolden earns my vote with his 15 points and 10 rebounds double-double. His stat line is impressive: 6-9 FG, 3-3 FT, 2 steals and a block with only 1 turnover. A career best game.

Runner-up goes to Tre Jones with six steals.

Honorable mention is tie between RJ and Cam.

dukelifer
03-03-2019, 07:44 AM
A lot of excellent performances. Tre cut off the head. RJ cut up their defense. Bolden was golden. Jack’s shot returned from down under. AOC channeled his inner Zion.

elvis14
03-03-2019, 05:21 PM
RJ was the best player in the game and clearly the MOTM.
Second to RJ was Tre because of this defense.

I would have voted for Jack but this is a MOTM poll and although it was nice that he remembered how to shoot, this isn't a MWRHTS poll.