PDA

View Full Version : 70 / 30 rule ?

gofurman
02-27-2019, 09:58 PM
I was of the belief that if we hit 70% free throws and 30% threes we were almost sure to win. Despite that failing at VTech I still like it as a barometer when Zion returns.

At VT 78% FTs, 33% threes
At Syracuse 87% FTs, 31% threes
v UNC 73% FTs, 20% threes

some real Positives - FT shooting looking better... Alex O'Connell shooting well from 3 - add one more guy shooting well from 3 (Reddish or Barrett) and that's enough. two shooters from three that you respect is good enough w Zion

agree, disagree? I am encouraged by the better FT shooting though I guess you could argue that Zion going to the line lowers that percent a little as he is 66% at FT - still, I'll take him back in the lineup ;) ;) ;)

uh_no
02-27-2019, 10:00 PM
I was of the belief that if we hit 70% free throws and 30% threes we were almost sure to win. Despite that failing at VTech I still like it as a barometer when Zion returns.

not if we continue to play defense like that.

CDu
02-27-2019, 10:09 PM

some real Positives - FT shooting looking better... Alex O'Connell shooting well from 3 - add one more guy shooting well from 3 (Reddish or Barrett) and that's enough. two shooters from three that you respect is good enough w Zion

agree, disagree? I am encouraged by the better FT shooting though I guess you could argue that Zion going to the line lowers that percent a little as he is 66% at FT - still, I'll take him back in the lineup ;) ;) ;)

I would say that “rule” applies more when Zion is healthy. Without Zion, the rhyme or reason is much less steadfast.

Fish80
02-27-2019, 10:12 PM
The first rule is ... there are no rules.

We grab a couple more rebounds at VT and we win that game.

gofurman
02-27-2019, 10:14 PM
I would say that “rule” applies more when Zion is healthy. Without Zion, the rhyme or reason is much less steadfast.

Yes, that was when I formulated my super-complicated rule ;););)

gofurman
02-27-2019, 10:18 PM
The first rule is ... there are no rules.

We grab a couple more rebounds at VT and we win that game.

and Zion would have given us more rebounds

DukieInBrasil
02-28-2019, 09:12 AM

the following provides the perfect answer:

not if we continue to play defense like that.

and Zion would have given us more rebounds
and Zion would have prevented Blackshear from abusing the rim after faking Reddish and Javin outta their shoes and other absurdities Duke had to endure due to lack of interior defense.