PDA

View Full Version : 4 Step Knee Injury Protocol

86devils
02-27-2019, 12:55 PM
[Mods, please forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere on the board, but I was not able to find it. Feel free to move or delete this as needed.]

Since Williamsons injury Coach K has several times mentioned Duke’s 4 step knee injury protocol that Williamson must clear before he returns. I have not previously heard of this protocol - has anyone else? Does anyone know what the 4 steps entail? Is it exclusive to Duke or is it fairly standard in the athletic training and sports medicine world? And lastly, does anyone know where Zion is in the four steps - which ones he has cleared and which ones he still must complete?

ndkjr70
02-27-2019, 12:56 PM
[Mods, please forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere on the board, but I was not able to find it. Feel free to move or delete this as needed.]

Since Williamsons injury Coach K has several times mentioned Duke’s 4 step knee injury protocol that Williamson must clear before he returns. I have not previously heard of this protocol - has anyone else? Does anyone know what the 4 steps entail? Is it exclusive to Duke or is it fairly standard in the athletic training and sports medicine world? And lastly, does anyone know where Zion is in the four steps - which ones he has cleared and which ones he still must complete?

The first step is admitting you have a knee injury.

uh_no
02-27-2019, 12:59 PM
The first step is admitting you have a knee injury.

I thought it was denial.

Fish80
02-27-2019, 01:10 PM
Four step protocol:

1. It's just a jump to the left
2. And then a step to the right
3. With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
4. But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

Let's do the time warp again!

MCFinARL
02-27-2019, 01:11 PM
I thought it was denial.

No, that's a river in Egypt.

PS though, the OP raises a good question that I would also love to hear the answer to if anyone knows.

CameronBlue
02-27-2019, 01:12 PM
You put your left knee in
You take your left knee out
You do the hokey pokey
Then you dunk over Luke Maye

MCFinARL
02-27-2019, 01:14 PM
You do the hokey pokey

That's what it's all about!

UrinalCake
02-27-2019, 01:15 PM
DBR injury protocol:

1. Start a vigil thread
2. Random people share stories about their own personal injuries, as if this has any relevance whatsoever ("I broke my arm in sixth grade and missed eight weeks of gym class")
3. Everybody Googles the injury and then acts like a doctor
4. References to Boozer, Kyrie, Ryan Kelly, Giles, etc. and how those seasons turned out

JayZee
02-27-2019, 02:24 PM
DBR injury protocol:

1. Start a vigil thread
2. Random people share stories about their own personal injuries, as if this has any relevance whatsoever ("I broke my arm in sixth grade and missed eight weeks of gym class")
4. References to Boozer, Kyrie, Ryan Kelly, Giles, etc. and how those seasons turned out

I'd like to select the Boozer season please...

fuse
02-27-2019, 02:32 PM
Four step protocol:

1. It's just a jump to the left
2. And then a step to the right
3. With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
4. But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

Let's do the time warp again!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Pghdukie
02-27-2019, 02:38 PM
Around here - we just do the Hokey Pokey !

camion
02-27-2019, 02:46 PM
The Hansbrough protocol is at least six steps. :rolleyes:

mapei
02-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know the actual answer to the medical question? (I can hope.)

UrinalCake
02-27-2019, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know the actual answer to the medical question? (I can hope.)

It sounded to me like a Duke-specific thing and not a standard process. I doubt we’ll get any info on what stage he is on until he appears in a game. And at that point I expect him to be 100%,

86devils
02-27-2019, 06:09 PM
It’s frustrating not having any idea what this protocol is all about, but at least y’all have provided me with a few good laughs while we wait for any trickle of news. Plus, now, every time I see footage of Zion I get to imagine him doing the Time Warp!

MCFinARL
02-27-2019, 06:23 PM
It’s frustrating not having any idea what this protocol is all about, but at least y’all have provided me with a few good laughs while we wait for any trickle of news. Plus, now, every time I see footage of Zion I get to imagine him doing the Time Warp!

The video of that would break the internet!

22JumpShots
02-27-2019, 06:29 PM
DBR injury protocol:

1. Start a vigil thread

If I had access to these things you all refer to as "sporks" I'd throw you one for this. One of the funniest things I have read on here. :D:D

Fish80
02-27-2019, 07:22 PM
If I had access to these things you all refer to as "sporks" I'd throw you one for this. One of the funniest things I have read on here. :D:D

Just go to the sporks-r-us website, you can get them for a dime a dozen. 😄

left_hook_lacey
02-27-2019, 08:15 PM
You do the hokey pokey

Hokey Pokey? Took soon.