PDA

View Full Version : Chip Engelland

slower
02-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Sorry if this is redundant, but it seems to be relevant on an almost never-ending basis.

Has Duke/K ever extended feelers to Chip, about serving as an assistant coach? Or is his price just too high? I mean, he's the premier shooting guru around, isn't he?

He played for early K, and was a team captain. I know the Spurs job may be a better gig for him - was just curious. And the NBA lifestyle may be far more appealing to him, as well.

JasonEvans
02-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Sorry if this is redundant, but it seems to be relevant on an almost never-ending basis.

Has Duke/K ever extended feelers to Chip, about serving as an assistant coach? Or is his price just too high? I mean, he's the premier shooting guru around, isn't he?

He played for early K, and was a team captain. I know the Spurs job may be a better gig for him - was just curious. And the NBA lifestyle may be far more appealing to him, as well.

The general consensus is that NBA assistant coaches, especially ones that are more senior and in demand, make around $1 mil per year. While Duke pays its assistants quite well for a college, it is nowhere near $1 mil per year.

slower
02-26-2019, 12:58 PM
The general consensus is that NBA assistant coaches, especially ones that are more senior and in demand, make around $1 mil per year. While Duke pays its assistants quite well for a college, it is nowhere near $1 mil per year.

Thx, Jason - that's what I figured.