PDA

View Full Version : Are Anger and Kindness Contageous?

camion
02-25-2019, 07:43 AM
I have many anecdotes indicating emotions like anger and happiness are contagious. There was a story on NPR this morning saying that there is scientific evidence this is is the case. I'm not surprised at all.

A link (https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/02/25/697052006/anger-can-be-contagious-heres-how-to-stop-the-spread) to NPR story.

One takeaway from this is that we all have power to affect the world we live in, sowing good seeds or bad.

Have a good day and pass it on. :)

OldPhiKap
02-25-2019, 07:45 AM
You have to be cruel to be kind. I heard that on the radio, too.

(I agree with your point — life is often what you make it, so be happy and spread it around. Always pay it forward.)

weezie
02-25-2019, 08:59 AM
I agree that kindness is contagious but don't agree that anger is. Most people shy away from angry people.

Not that I know anything about the latter since I am the source of all light and joy in my household. Unless there is excessive crap left within my eye scan.

fuse
02-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Can this article be both fascinating and not surprising?

Thanks for sharing.

DukieInKansas
02-25-2019, 10:11 AM
I agree that kindness is contagious but don't agree that anger is. Most people shy away from angry people.

Not that I know anything about the latter since I am the source of all light and joy in my household. Unless there is excessive crap left within my eye scan.

Maybe anger isn't but I believe negativity is. Seen it in action too many times.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-25-2019, 10:19 AM

Except on message boards? Where any angry reply begets a dozen angry replies?

camion
02-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Except on message boards? Where any angry reply begets a dozen angry replies?

Is that a positive negative feedback loop?