PDA

View Full Version : ACC Tournament

hallcity
02-23-2019, 03:47 PM
The tournament seating chart by school is out.
http://theacc.com/documents/2019/1/30/ACC_SCHOOLS_MAP.pdf

uh_no
02-23-2019, 03:53 PM
nice! good seats for Duke and unc gets screwed this year

CameronBornAndBred
02-23-2019, 03:58 PM

And unc gets screwed on the same side as us, so we don't have to look at 'em.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-23-2019, 04:00 PM

But in Charlotte, cheat fans will buy up all the losers' tickets......day by day......and if they make the final, it'll be almost like the Dean's Myth Center for the title.

uh_no
02-23-2019, 04:08 PM
maybe... but i wanted to have it on the record that there is no conspiracy to screw Duke out of good seats as is often stated whenever Duke gets the bad ones

Bluedog
02-23-2019, 04:11 PM
maybe... but i wanted to have it on the record that there is no conspiracy to screw Duke out of good seats as is often stated whenever Duke gets the bad ones

Yeah it did seem like every year Duke was getting the end zone, so it's nice to see that's not the case this year!

Stray Gator
02-23-2019, 04:58 PM

I don't know how anyone could conclude that there is a conspiracy regarding the assignments of seating sections at the ACC Tournament, because that has been done on a rotational basis for as long as I can remember -- and we attended the tournament annually from the early 1990s until they decided to move it to D.C. and Brooklyn. Unfortunately, we were informed this year that, despite being Priority 2 level Iron Dukes and season ticket holders for more than two decades, we are no longer eligible to purchase ACC Tourney tickets. Indeed, I understand that there may not even be enough tickets for all Priority 1 Iron Dukes, and that the lower level seats in the Duke section will only be available to donors who have given over $1 million.

I can understand that one reason for the narrowing of access to ACC Tourney tickets is the simple fact that conference expansion has reduced the number of tickets allocated to each school. But during the period from about 2005-2015, we began to notice an increasing presence in the Duke section of UNC fans -- particularly in the front half of the lower level. When I inquired about this phenomenon, I was told that many of those seats were probably allocated to corporate donors who were entitled to purchase a larger number of ACC Tourney tickets in the premium seats and then resold them, but there was nothing the Iron Dukes could do about it.

In any event, while I'm glad to hear that Duke will have a favorable seating assignment for this year's ACC Tourney, I'm disappointed that we and our friends who used to attend each year as a group -- including a few who still post here -- can no longer enjoy the ability to share personally in that experience. I just hope that when we tune in to watch the games, we don't see the Duke section once again populated by rival fans.

-jk
02-23-2019, 05:05 PM
I don't know how anyone could conclude that there is a conspiracy regarding the assignments of seating sections at the ACC Tournament, because that has been done on a rotational basis for as long as I can remember -- and we attended the tournament annually from the early 1990s until they decided to move it to D.C. and Brooklyn. Unfortunately, we were informed this year that, despite being Priority 2 level Iron Dukes and season ticket holders for more than two decades, we are no longer eligible to purchase ACC Tourney tickets. Indeed, I understand that there may not even be enough tickets for all Priority 1 Iron Dukes, and that the lower level seats in the Duke section will only be available to donors who have given over $1 million.

I can understand that one reason for the narrowing of access to ACC Tourney tickets is the simple fact that conference expansion has reduced the number of tickets allocated to each school. But during the period from about 2005-2015, we began to notice an increasing presence in the Duke section of UNC fans -- particularly in the front half of the lower level. When I inquired about this phenomenon, I was told that many of those seats were probably allocated to corporate donors who were entitled to purchase a larger number of ACC Tourney tickets in the premium seats and then resold them, but there was nothing the Iron Dukes could do about it.

In any event, while I'm glad to hear that Duke will have a favorable seating assignment for this year's ACC Tourney, I'm disappointed that we and our friends who used to attend each year as a group -- including a few who still post here -- can no longer enjoy the ability to share personally in that experience. I just hope that when we tune in to watch the games, we don't see the Duke section once again populated by rival fans.

I was an ACC tourney regular for ages, but it's just not the same tourney... I miss the old one!

-jk

CameronBornAndBred
02-23-2019, 05:29 PM
the lower level seats in the Duke section will only be available to donors who have given over $1 million.
That's beyond sad, that's disgusting. :mad:

HereBeforeCoachK
02-23-2019, 05:29 PM
I was an ACC tourney regular for ages, but it's just not the same tourney... I miss the old one!

-jk

I went a few times in the 80s.....Greensboro, Landover.....but now I have very little interest....other than Duke getting what they need most....wins for a seed, rest, whatever.

MarkD83
02-23-2019, 07:06 PM
Is duke still a lock for the double bye?

MarkD83
02-23-2019, 08:26 PM
I believe the Syracuse win locks up the double bye

fisheyes
02-23-2019, 08:28 PM
Why does Duke get all of the handicapped seating?

;)

brevity
02-23-2019, 08:29 PM
The tournament seating chart by school is out.
http://theacc.com/documents/2019/1/30/ACC_SCHOOLS_MAP.pdf

Not bad. Duke's lower deck and upper deck sections have a good angle. And if you want another angle, there are a bunch of little blue squares all around the arena...

wobatus
02-24-2019, 08:23 AM
I haven’t been to many ACC Tournaments. A couple of times in North Carolina. In 1981 my father took me to Landover to see the semis and finals.

In 2017 I bought tickets on stubhub for $10 for a noon start for UNC Miami. Nosebleeds, but by the time the game was over I had moved down to much better seats, since Syracuse fans had all bailed. Then I got to see some of Duke Louisville from the baseline. Then I had to get back to my office. It just isn’t a big deal for early round games in nyc. It should always be in NC.

uh_no
02-24-2019, 09:06 AM

this is incorrect. duke needs one more win

budwom
02-24-2019, 09:26 AM

-jk

yessir, it was glorious, especially in the eight or nine team days, but this ain't that. Really do miss that, plus I was undefeated in the K era (personally important when you buy plane tickets for a three or four day stay, since I had zero interest in watching any games after Duke went out). Absolutely loved the traditional Friday quarterfinals, solid hoop action from noon til nearly midnight, time for nice tailgating between afternoon and evening sessions, exhausting in a great sports way....then back to the hotel where childhood idol Sandy Koufax traditionally lurked along with Tommy Burleson and other luminaries.

(I am pretty stunned that a priority two guy like Stray Gator can't get ACC tickets this year, is that the Zion effect?)

BandAlum83
02-24-2019, 04:37 PM
But in Charlotte, cheat fans will buy up all the losers' tickets...day by day...and if they make the final, it'll be almost like the Dean's Myth Center for the title.

Will they be serving wine and cheese this year?

HereBeforeCoachK
02-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Will they be serving wine and cheese this year?

Unfortunately not...the wine and cheese crowd is who shows up for the noon Saturday game at the Myth Center against one of the lower half teams...they have a rabid following in Charlotte...many of whom drove to Greenville in 2017 and were not helpful....who will pile in as the tix become available....

ACCfaninVirginia
02-24-2019, 05:30 PM

Barring a complete collapse, Duke, UVA and UNC will have double byes, only question is what seeding and which of the current 5 loss teams gets the last one. If remaining games go as they would be rated by vegas, only projected loss is the Duke-UNC game, so if that occurs, then if Duke beats UNC they would be top seed, UVA 2nd, UNC third. If UNC wins, then UVA would be top seed, UNC 2, and Duke 3 (tie breaker is head to head).

jv001
02-25-2019, 09:23 AM
yessir, it was glorious, especially in the eight or nine team days, but this ain't that. Really do miss that, plus I was undefeated in the K era (personally important when you buy plane tickets for a three or four day stay, since I had zero interest in watching any games after Duke went out). Absolutely loved the traditional Friday quarterfinals, solid hoop action from noon til nearly midnight, time for nice tailgating between afternoon and evening sessions, exhausting in a great sports way...then back to the hotel where childhood idol Sandy Koufax traditionally lurked along with Tommy Burleson and other luminaries.

(I am pretty stunned that a priority two guy like Stray Gator can't get ACC tickets this year, is that the Zion effect?)

I'm a longtime Cardinal fan, but Sandy was one of my all-time favorite baseball players. Maybe the best lefthander of all time in my eyes.

I'm with you on the old days of the ACC tournament. That has changed with expansion and OAD players. Not saying the OAD days are wrong because you have to recruit the best players but I loved seeing the Shanes and Christians that stayed long enough to unpack their bags. GoDuke!

Kdogg
02-25-2019, 11:13 AM

Isn’t it still cheaper to joint another schools sports booster program. In the naughts, after graduating, friends and I joined the FSU boosters and had no problem getting ACC tickets. This was in the era of 9 and then 12 teams so I don’t know how it is now.

HokieEngineer
02-25-2019, 11:17 AM

It's interesting to hear how things work for other programs. This year will be the first year that I've made the cut to get tickets through VT. (I did not try to get tickets when the tournament was in Brooklyn.) For reference, my VT giving history would place me in roughly Priority 4 in the Iron Duke giving.

If you're making the trip to Blacksburg tomorrow, I hope it's a safe one for you.

sagegrouse
02-25-2019, 11:18 AM
Isn’t it still cheaper to joint another schools sports booster program. In the naughts, after graduating, friends and I joined the FSU boosters and had no problem getting ACC tickets. This was in the era of 9 and then 12 teams so I don’t know how it is now.

It's the ACC Tournament. Assuming that the draconian NC state laws have been scrapped or fallen into disuse, you buy tickets from the losers. It is a good idea to show up on day one -- those teams' fans don't plan on staying.

Kindly,
Sage
'Back in the early 1980's I can remember the (obvious) plain clothes gendarmerie in the Greensboro Coliseum parking lot, looking to buy or sell tickets and arrest their customers'

budwom
02-25-2019, 11:24 AM
It's the ACC Tournament. Assuming that the draconian NC state laws have been scrapped or fallen into disuse, you buy tickets from the losers. It is a good idea to show up on day one -- those teams' fans don't plan on staying.

Kindly,
Sage
'Back in the early 1980's I can remember the (obvious) plain clothes gendarmerie in the Greensboro Coliseum parking lot, looking to buy or sell tickets and arrest their customers'

It was always great watching the secondary market work, capitalism in action...losers pour out of the venue, winners lurk like buzzards for tickets...I know what you mean about the ultra stupid NC state laws, I believe I recall some of our luminaries being pursued through the crowd one afternoon by the anti scalping cop morons (talk about a victimless crime).

roywhite
02-25-2019, 11:31 AM
yessir, it was glorious, especially in the eight or nine team days, but this ain't that. Really do miss that, plus I was undefeated in the K era (personally important when you buy plane tickets for a three or four day stay, since I had zero interest in watching any games after Duke went out). Absolutely loved the traditional Friday quarterfinals, solid hoop action from noon til nearly midnight, time for nice tailgating between afternoon and evening sessions, exhausting in a great sports way...then back to the hotel where childhood idol Sandy Koufax traditionally lurked along with Tommy Burleson and other luminaries.

interesting mention of Sandy Koufax; I had heard he was a pretty fair basketball player in his young days, and came across this:

http://thebrooklyngame.com/sandy-koufax-bk-basketball-star-2/

“When he was growing up, baseball was neither Koufax’s dream nor his passion. His dream was to play for the New York Knicks…

Koufax didn’t play much basketball…until his family returned to Brooklyn, where every open space was a court, or a half court, and every fire escape ladder was a potential basket. Others practiced shooting; Koufax practice the anonymous, contentious skill of rebounding….

He scoured the borough in search of The Big Game, which invariably took place at Brighton Beach, where playground legends, college stars, and pros gathered to hone their games, and the game basketball could become. Back then, no one knew from vertical leap. Vertical was for skyscrapers. But Koufax had wattage in his legs, hands large enough to palm the ball, and he didn’t shy away from contact. On the playground, players asked: You sure this boy is white? “He was just a skinny Jewish kid in a bandanna who challenged our small little prejudices,” [Jerry] Della Femina said.

rsvman
02-25-2019, 11:39 AM
But in Charlotte, cheat fans will buy up all the losers' tickets...day by day...and if they make the final, it'll be almost like the Dean's Myth Center for the title.

Well, since the title game is going to be Duke versus UVa, I guess we won't have to worry about that!

HereBeforeCoachK
02-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Well, since the title game is going to be Duke versus UVa, I guess we won't have to worry about that!

...well, yes, then there's that.........(I guess Va will have to win in Myth Center West in the semis....)

Stray Gator
02-25-2019, 01:10 PM

From the late '90s through the mid-'00s, while we still resided in Tallahassee, I was able to buy as many ACC Tourney ticket books as I wanted from my friends and colleagues who were Golden Chief-level Seminole Boosters. One year, I came to Greensboro with more than two dozen ticket books for family members and a group of Duke friends -- most of whom originally met through the DBR, though only a few remain active on the boards. For a block of us sitting in the FSU section back then, it was great fun because not only did we enjoy the benefit of excellent lower level seats at face value, but the Seminole fans who attended were always friendly to us, and once their team was eliminated, most tended to cheer along with us for Duke rather than UNC or Maryland.

Unfortunately, by around 2010 or so, the FSU athletic administration caught on and started requiring that those boosters who ordered tickets had to pick them up at the arena "Will Call" window with a photo I.D. After that, we had to make do with the tickets we could get as Iron Dukes, and found to our displeasure that there were increasingly large numbers of UNC fans sitting in front of us in the premium Duke seats each March.

As others have mentioned, the ACC Tournament was a fabulous experience before expansion screwed it up. In some respects, it became the equivalent of an annual pilgrimage, in which you reunited with old friends for a long weekend of terrific hoops action and non-stop comraderie. And part of what made it so delightful was seeing many of the same faces among the fans of other schools around the conference each year -- people you might never speak to and whose names you never knew, but with whom you would smile and nod in recognition when you passed in the concourse or caught their eye from your seat.

The routine was familiar: The quarterfinals on Friday meant eating a big breakfast at the hotel (where, as Budwom reported, he and I would usually see Sandy Koufax at a nearby table, at least by Saturday morning), meeting up with other members of our group at an agreed spot around 10:30 a.m. to caravan into the parking lot so that we could park together and set up the tailgate, then filing into the arena to watch the first two games in the afternoon session before reassembling for the tailgate dinner and drinks during the intersession, and finally returning to our seats for the two evening games, which usually didn't end until midnight. Saturday brought the two semifinal games, followed by a group dinner at a fine local restaurant. And Sunday was the championship game, after which everyone scrambled off to various airports and interstates to get home in time to watch the NCAA Tourney seeding and brackets show. Good times, now gone forever except in fond memories . . .

HereBeforeCoachK
02-25-2019, 01:14 PM
F In some respects, it became the equivalent of an annual pilgrimage, in which you reunited with old friends for a long weekend of terrific hoops action and non-stop comraderie. And part of what made it so delightful was seeing many of the same faces among the fans of other schools around the conference each year -- people you might never speak to and whose names you never knew, but with whom you would smile and nod in recognition when you passed in the concourse or caught their eye from your seat.

The routine was familiar: The quarterfinals on Friday meant eating a big breakfast at the hotel (where, as Budwom reported, he and I would usually see Sandy Koufax at a nearby table, at least by Saturday morning), meeting up with other members of our group at an agreed spot around 10:30 a.m. to caravan into the parking lot so that we could park together and set up the tailgate, then filing into the arena to watch the first two games in the afternoon session before reassembling for the tailgate dinner and drinks during the intersession, and finally returning to our seats for the two evening games, which usually didn't end until midnight. Saturday brought the two semifinal games, followed by a group dinner at a fine local restaurant. And Sunday was the championship game, after which everyone scrambled off to various airports and interstates to get home in time to watch the NCAA Tourney seeding and brackets show. Good times, now gone forever except in fond memories . . .

My parents were part of a four couple/mixed team/ pilgrimage every year....(some UVa, some UNC, mostly Duke) for something like the first 35 ACCT's - starting in 1954 or whenever it started...until some of that group started passing away and the tradition sort of faded away. But you're right...it was a pilgrimage, like the Vikings visiting Valhalla....they planned their year around it.

budwom
02-25-2019, 01:46 PM
From the late '90s through the mid-'00s, while we still resided in Tallahassee, I was able to buy as many ACC Tourney ticket books as I wanted from my friends and colleagues who were Golden Chief-level Seminole Boosters. One year, I came to Greensboro with more than two dozen ticket books for family members and a group of Duke friends -- most of whom originally met through the DBR, though only a few remain active on the boards. For a block of us sitting in the FSU section back then, it was great fun because not only did we enjoy the benefit of excellent lower level seats at face value, but the Seminole fans who attended were always friendly to us, and once their team was eliminated, most tended to cheer along with us for Duke rather than UNC or Maryland.

Unfortunately, by around 2010 or so, the FSU athletic administration caught on and started requiring that those boosters who ordered tickets had to pick them up at the arena "Will Call" window with a photo I.D. After that, we had to make do with the tickets we could get as Iron Dukes, and found to our displeasure that there were increasingly large numbers of UNC fans sitting in front of us in the premium Duke seats each March.

As others have mentioned, the ACC Tournament was a fabulous experience before expansion screwed it up. In some respects, it became the equivalent of an annual pilgrimage, in which you reunited with old friends for a long weekend of terrific hoops action and non-stop comraderie. And part of what made it so delightful was seeing many of the same faces among the fans of other schools around the conference each year -- people you might never speak to and whose names you never knew, but with whom you would smile and nod in recognition when you passed in the concourse or caught their eye from your seat.

I was one of the very grateful beneficiaries of Stray's (and FSU's unintended) benevolence back in those days as he mentions...we were very loyal Seminole fans (generally for but one day)....
Had wonderful trips back to the airport (loved the Billy Graham Parkway)...among the joyous memories was the time I took a photo of Jay (then Jason) Williams' mom holding his MVP trophy, and the
day I got to heckle that sourpuss Maryland fan Bob Novak after he started grousing on the Hertz bus about officiating....what else do Maryland fans do?

roywhite
02-25-2019, 01:59 PM
Heck, the ACC Tournament in its heyday (1960s to early 2000s) was special just living in North Carolina. Quarterfinal Friday was a virtual holiday, with businesses decorated, schools letting out early, local pubs jammed, wall-to-wall local news and newspaper coverage, and plenty of trash talking with neighbors and co-workers. And so many memorable games and storylines. A true celebration of college days, basketball, and local pride.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Heck, the ACC Tournament in its heyday (1960s to early 2000s) was special just living in North Carolina. Quarterfinal Friday was a virtual holiday, with businesses decorated, schools letting out early, local pubs jammed, wall-to-wall local news and newspaper coverage, and plenty of trash talking with neighbors and co-workers. And so many memorable games and storylines. A true celebration of college days, basketball, and local pride.

In some years, it was Thursday that was the virtual holiday, with the early games.....Friday were night semi finals and the title game on Saturday night.

hallcity
02-25-2019, 02:43 PM
The tournament tickets are coming in books priced at $398, $498 or $598. I assume the higher priced books are for better seats. Does anyone know what Duke seating area each price corresponds to?

SavDukeGrad
02-25-2019, 04:44 PM
The tournament tickets are coming in books priced at $398, $498 or $598. I assume the higher priced books are for better seats. Does anyone know what Duke seating area each price corresponds to?

It is my understanding that $398 is the charge for the Upper Level seats. The more expensive are Lower Level, but I’m not sure the difference between $498 and $598 tickets.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-25-2019, 04:54 PM

Can confirm. My schooling experience in Charlotte had the television roll into the classroom at 12 on Friday.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-25-2019, 04:58 PM
Can confirm. My schooling experience in Charlotte had the television roll into the classroom at 12 on Friday.

When did the quarterfinals move to Friday (and thus the Finals to Sunday). I can't pinpoint the year.

HokieEngineer
02-25-2019, 05:04 PM

It was beyond North Carolina. I grew up in Virginia watching the ACC tournament first round in school on Friday afternoons. (I guess that will somewhat give away my age.)

Stray Gator
02-25-2019, 05:08 PM
When did the quarterfinals move to Friday (and thus the Finals to Sunday). I can't pinpoint the year.

Apparently, it was 1981.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/acc-tournament-final-moved-from-sunday-to-saturday-night-in-2015/

ACCfaninVirginia
02-25-2019, 05:58 PM

Best way to get tickets is to buy from scalpers 5 minutes before game time - Don’t recall the exact year but one year I had ease of going with a friend and we paid $10 for prime seats in the middle of the UNC section (don’t know why those were still available but a scalper was desperate to sell); Friend and I had pleasure of cheering for UNC’s opponent as they thrashed UNC and enjoyi g the dismayed looks on the Tar Heels fans faces!

CameronBornAndBred
02-25-2019, 06:45 PM

Yup. I never heard of schools letting out early, but this was our Friday in Durham. The teachers knew it was pointless to try to captivate attention spans, and most of them were just as invested as the students in the games.

Indoor66
02-25-2019, 06:54 PM
When I was a kid, the World Series games were played over the school P.A. system.

hallcity
02-25-2019, 08:20 PM
“The cost for a lower level ticket book including all sessions is $598. Upper level ticket books are priced at $498 for lower rows and $398 for higher rows.”
https://virginiasports.com/sports/2019/1/3/2019-acc-mbb-tournament-tickets.aspx

gofurman
02-25-2019, 09:35 PM
To me there are 4 levels of seeds.

1-4 get a Double bye
5-7 get a Single Bye and play a tired team
8 and 9 get a bye but play each other and neither team has played the day before. If that NC State v Clemson that's a tough one.
10-15 have to start on day 1

uh_no
02-25-2019, 09:40 PM
To me there are 4 levels of seeds.

1-4 get a Double bye
5-7 get a Single Bye and play a tired team
8 and 9 get a bye but play each other and neither team has played the day before. If that NC State v Clemson that's a tough one.
10-15 have to start on day 1

i think the first class can be split into 1 and not 1 as well. GIven there are there teams clear and away better than the rest, avoiding the others until the final is a huge potential advantage.

duketaylor
02-25-2019, 09:48 PM
What's the face value of a book for lower level Duke seats? I'm guaranteed two thru Dr. Feelgood, might have 4. Just want to know how much to set aside. Thx.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-25-2019, 10:31 PM
What's the face value of a book for lower level Duke seats? I'm guaranteed two thru Dr. Feelgood, might have 4. Just want to know how much to set aside. Thx.
From reading above, $598. Ouch. LGD GTHc!

devildeac
02-25-2019, 10:37 PM
From reading above, $598. Ouch. LGD GTHc!

That would be $598 PP, and, if duketaylor took along his better half or one of the not-so-young'ins, double ouch :eek:.

duketaylor
02-25-2019, 10:50 PM
I've done this for a good friend. I'm planning on attending 2nd weekend of NCAA's in DC, not ACC this year. Hoping to get tix from same Dr. Feelgood for that weekend. It's possible, if I get 4 there, I could might slip one or two elsewhere:cool:

devildeac
02-25-2019, 10:53 PM
I've done this for a good friend. I'm planning on attending 2nd weekend of NCAA's in DC, not ACC this year. Hoping to get tix from same Dr. Feelgood for that weekend. It's possible, if I get 4 there, I could might slip one or two elsewhere:cool:

As long as you don't bring the bad luck/karma you (and Bob Green) brought to the RBC/PNC Center several years ago. :o

duketaylor
02-25-2019, 11:04 PM
Thanks for reminding me about that woeful game against Mercer. Me, sitting on the floor in front of 700 Mercer students (something like that), for a ticket I paid some decent cash for, only to walk away crushed. Then, still met you at Bottle Rev, correct? Ugh, what a game!!

Come to think of it, I blame Bob!!!;)

devildeac
02-26-2019, 07:21 AM
Thanks for reminding me about that woeful game against Mercer. Me, sitting on the floor in front of 700 Mercer students (something like that), for a ticket I paid some decent cash for, only to walk away crushed. Then, still met you at Bottle Rev, correct? Ugh, what a game!!

Come to think of it, I blame Bob!!!;)

It was indeed a sad meeting at Bottle Rev and I believe we both (correctly) blamed Bob. ;)

DBGoins
02-26-2019, 08:42 AM
Where is the best place to get ACC tournament tickets?

If anyone has access to tickets and not going to use them, please send me a message.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-26-2019, 08:53 AM
Where is the best place to get ACC tournament tickets?

If anyone has access to tickets and not going to use them, please send me a message.

Outside the arena shortly before it begins.....

hallcity
03-02-2019, 11:54 AM
When you receive your tickets, don’t be surprised to see them marked as “GA.” Those are the first tickets you encounter. That’s only for the Tuesday games. The tickets for the other days have assigned sections and seats.