PDA

View Full Version : 1st Duke UNC game

tas11244
02-19-2019, 01:52 PM
I am lucky enough to be attending my first Duke UNC game this year and was wondering if there are any traditions or game day events that I should be aware of. I've been to other ACC games at Duke, just not UNC, and I want to soak up as much of it as I can (even with the predicted weather). Thanks in advance for any insights.

CameronBornAndBred
02-19-2019, 01:54 PM
It's always fun to watch the Crazies make their dash into Cameron from Kville.

uh_no
02-19-2019, 01:59 PM
It's always fun to watch the Crazies make their dash into Cameron from Kville.

not so much last year....

but yeah, walk around beforehand if you can. student ingress will start ~2 hours before tip, significantly before doors open.

If you get there early enough, you can go to the south side and jeer the holes when they get off the bus....last year that was ~90 mins before gametime.

Dr. Rosenrosen
02-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Soak it in, my friend. Just soak it all in.

BLPOG
02-19-2019, 02:13 PM
I am lucky enough to be attending my first Duke UNC game this year and was wondering if there are any traditions or game day events that I should be aware of. I've been to other ACC games at Duke, just not UNC, and I want to soak up as much of it as I can (even with the predicted weather). Thanks in advance for any insights.

One of my personal traditions was to head to the Lobby Shop buy throat lozenges. Every bit of vocal stamina helps.

Definitely take a look around K-Ville as students line up. You can feel the electricity in the air.

Dr. Rosenrosen
02-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Chant, “King Rice, you suck, you really, really suck.”

Oops, that was just a four-year tradition. :cool:

DU82
02-19-2019, 02:42 PM

My nephew graduated from Monmouth. He is continuing the tradition in support of his alma mater.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-19-2019, 02:46 PM

On the other hand, a jump shooting competition between King Rice and Goldwire might be a coin flip....