PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Bar for Carolina game?

Gooch
02-19-2019, 07:18 AM
I’m in Atlanta for work this week and looking for a good place to watch the big game Wednesday night. Hopefully a place where I can cheer with some fellow Blue Devil fans. Good beer is a must.

My hotel is in Midtown (right near Ga Tech) but willing to take a short Uber for the right place.

Thanks in advance...GTHCGTH!

Truth&Justise
02-19-2019, 09:53 AM
I'll probably just watch from home, but be sure to avoid Hudson Grille in midtown -- that's the UNC bar.

TruBlu
02-19-2019, 10:11 AM
You might contact the Duke Alumni club in Atlanta. They sometimes have game viewing parties at Whitehall Tavern (on Peachtree Street, I think). Try googling both and contacting both.

I can’t give any reviews, as I have not been there.

BandAlum83
02-19-2019, 10:36 AM
I’m in Atlanta for work this week and looking for a good place to watch the big game Wednesday night. Hopefully a place where I can cheer with some fellow Blue Devil fans. Good beer is a must.

My hotel is in Midtown (right near Ga Tech) but willing to take a short Uber for the right place.

Thanks in advance...GTHCGTH!

There is usually a Duke Club of Atlanta hoops watch for the game, but I don't see one on their Facebook page. MAybe they only plan one for weekend games.

The Taco Mac in midtown can be a great place to watch games. There are plenty of TVs, a good crowd, a very large bar. When I've watched games there, I've typically seen many Duke fans.

I saw both uNC games there last year.

The address for the midtown location:

TACO MAC METROPOLIS (http://locations.tacomac.com/ga/atlanta/933-peachtree-st-ne/menu.html)
933 Peachtree St NE Atlanta, GA 30309
(678) 904-7211

Truth&Justise
02-19-2019, 11:27 AM
There is usually a Duke Club of Atlanta hoops watch for the game, but I don't see one on their Facebook page. MAybe they only plan one for weekend games.

The Taco Mac in midtown can be a great place to watch games. There are plenty of TVs, a good crowd, a very large bar. When I've watched games there, I've typically seen many Duke fans.

I saw both uNC games there last year.

The address for the midtown location:

TACO MAC METROPOLIS (http://locations.tacomac.com/ga/atlanta/933-peachtree-st-ne/menu.html)
933 Peachtree St NE Atlanta, GA 30309
(678) 904-7211

I was at that Taco Mac for the Champions Classic last year, but haven't been for a Duke-UNC game. Curious what the fan interaction is like, since it's directly across the street from Hudson Grille.

dukeberto
02-19-2019, 11:52 AM
The game watch for this one is going to be at Whitehall Tavern - http://www.whitehall-tavern.com/

Depending on whether they give the Duke club the back room or not it can be a bit cramped, just FYI

wilson
02-19-2019, 12:10 PM
I was at that Taco Mac for the Champions Classic last year, but haven't been for a Duke-UNC game. Curious what the fan interaction is like, since it's directly across the street from Hudson Grille.I watched 82-50 there. It was glorious.
In general, that's a very good location for sports viewing, and as I recall, the unc fan quotient is negligible.
That being said, I learned quite a while ago that watching *this* game in public is unwise for me.

devildeac
02-19-2019, 12:44 PM
I watched 82-50 there. It was glorious.
In general, that's a very good location for sports viewing, and as I recall, the unc fan quotient is negligible.
That being said, I learned quite a while ago that watching *this* game in public is unwise for me.

Ha! I was almost evicted from a brewery/bar/restaurant in Chicago after the spurious blocking call on Carter in OT during the Duke-KU game last spring. :mad:

HereBeforeCoachK
02-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Ha! I was almost evicted from a brewery/bar/restaurant in Chicago after the spurious blocking call on Carter in OT during the Duke-KU game last spring. :mad:

....I woulda been evicted after the spurious missed lay up by Carter late in that game......he went full Goldwire on us.....

BandAlum83
02-20-2019, 03:56 PM
The game watch for this one is going to be at Whitehall Tavern - http://www.whitehall-tavern.com/

Depending on whether they give the Duke club the back room or not it can be a bit cramped, just FYI

It's not on the Duke-Atlanta facebook page. Is it an official watch party?

As for Taco Mac being across from Hudson Grille, the times I was at Taco Mac I didn't even know uNC watched across the street. I may have seen a few fans on the street afterwards, but no issues.