02-13-2019, 01:57 PM
For starters:

1. "Jordan is my player of the game."

2. "Coach told us he doesn't coach losers."

3. "This is RJ's team."

Love, Ima

UrinalCake
02-13-2019, 01:58 PM
“Coach said no threes. I tried to make him drive, but he shot it, so I blocked it.” (Paraphrasing)

blUDAYvil
02-13-2019, 02:02 PM
"The whole crowd stood up cheering... I’m not going to lie, it was very frustrating. I don’t know if this is cheesy or corny, but my mom sits right behind the bench. She’s always been there for me. When I hear her voice, she says, 'It’s ok, just be you. When you get back in, make them pay.' All my frustrations went away and I tried to make them pay.” - After the win against Louisville

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-02-13/improbable-duke-comeback-vs-louisville-explained-coach-k-and

BandAlum83
02-13-2019, 02:19 PM
"The whole crowd stood up cheering... I’m not going to lie, it was very frustrating. I don’t know if this is cheesy or corny, but my mom sits right behind the bench. She’s always been there for me. When I hear her voice, she says, 'It’s ok, just be you. When you get back in, make them pay.' All my frustrations went away and I tried to make them pay.” - After the win against Louisville

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-02-13/improbable-duke-comeback-vs-louisville-explained-coach-k-and

I love this quote!!!!

On the verge of being run out of the building and into the cold Kentucky night, Duke dusted off a 2-2-1 press — in a karmic twist, the very pressure defense Denny Crum employed to help win two national titles at Louisville, including the 1986 championship game against the Blue Devils. Duke used that press to melt the Cardinals into a puddle, forcing nine turnovers in the final 8:06.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not too soon to talk about that 1986 Championship game. I still hate Louisville and was thinking that when they hit the 3 last night to go up by 23. How badly did I want to beat there a*sses with an incredible comeback and just shut them up!?

Make them cry!

Make them say:
"Zion's my daddy!"
"Duke's my daddy!"

Was I bitter? Hell yeah!

Am I still? Well maybe, but today it doesn't seem to hurt as much.

And BTW, Mr Jason "I feel kinda sorry for Louisville" Evans? That's sacrilege! Don't ever feel sorry for Louisville, or UNC, or UMD. Never!

/rant

kako
02-13-2019, 02:48 PM
It's not his quote, but I really now like "Zion Can't Dunk". It reminds me of "Marty Doesn't Foul!" The Crazies should chant that after every dunk.

9F

fathippo
02-13-2019, 02:56 PM
After Virginia game in Cameron when Zion dunked on Huff.

Zion: RJ, what would you rate that dunk? The one where I dunked on dude.
RJ: A 5 bro. You didn't even do anything.
Zion: You know what, that is what I go through. If RJ or Cam did it, "Oh, my god. It's a 10!" But it's cool.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-13-2019, 03:24 PM
"In the fall of 2018..........I will be joining the Brotherhood of Duke University...."

game set match

Spanarkel
02-13-2019, 05:12 PM
"Just be prepared for anything because anything can happen."

"Cam's just as good--or better--than me and RJ. He's not the third person left behind."

"There were a few flagrant fouls, but that's just basketball. You can't go cry about it or anything. You've just got to play through it." (post-SJU game)

"This was another business game for us...Every game means the same. You have to take every game the same." (post-BC game)

"...once I got the steal, I looked back to see if anyone was there, nobody was there, and it was just poetry in motion. Float in the air and at the last second you just punch it, and the crowd goes into a frenzy. I love it." (360/windmill dunk vs. Clemson)

WiJoe
02-13-2019, 05:22 PM
The great Jimmy Dykes, when the beat was complete: When you have No. 1, it’s hard to put away No. 2.

no flash, no dash, just FACT.

jv001
02-14-2019, 10:14 AM

My favorite of all.
It seems Zion is like EF Hutton, when Zion speaks, everyone listens. Dating myself with EF Hutton. :cool:GoDuke!

HereBeforeCoachK
02-14-2019, 10:51 AM
The great Jimmy Dykes, when the beat was complete: When you have No. 1, it’s hard to put away No. 2.

no flash, no dash, just FACT.

Dykes also had another moment...."it's over, but it's NOT over...."

I guess we could say that Dykes was not prophetic, and yet, he was prophetic.....

uh_no
02-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Dykes also had another moment..."it's over, but it's NOT over..."

I guess we could say that Dykes was not prophetic, and yet, he was prophetic....

something about the scariest thing in college basketball is number one with d u k e on the front coming at you in a break away

HereBeforeCoachK
02-14-2019, 11:01 AM
something about the scariest thing in college basketball is number one with d u k e on the front coming at you in a break away

yes, that was a good one too.......and so true......I don't love Dykes, but he had his moments Tuesday. Credit where credit is due.....