PDA

View Full Version : Zion Williamson named national player of the week

jimsumner
02-04-2019, 10:50 PM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211789182

BandAlum83
02-04-2019, 10:54 PM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211789182

I guess players on teams in their bye week aren’t eligible for ACC player or the week consideration.

devilsince1977
02-05-2019, 08:39 AM
But he can't win a unanimous vote for MOTM on DBR. We are worse than the Baseball Writers Association. At least they finally got it right this year.

I could be part of the problem. I sometimes vote for the less obvious choice. I am a "path less traveled" kind of person. But, Zion got my votes this week.

HereBeforeCoachK
02-05-2019, 08:55 AM
But he can't win a unanimous vote for MOTM on DBR. We are worse than the Baseball Writers Association. At least they finally got it right this year.

I could be part of the problem. I sometimes vote for the less obvious choice. I am a "path less traveled" kind of person. But, Zion got my votes this week.

Apples and oranges.......Zion doesn't win unanimous votes here but he almost always WINS the votes. And if it were an actual award, people would not do the "honorable mention" type votes. This comparison is more like apples and hand grenades....no analogy here.

TeacherTom
02-05-2019, 09:16 AM
The ultimate team player! It is a well-deserved award. Also, he's a great kid.

thedukelamere
02-05-2019, 10:19 AM

Could be that us DBR folk care more about this team and the players than the BWA does the players in the HOF consideration... Much easier to focus on a few game-altering plays by Jack or Ques and convince ourselves (sometimes after a few cold ones) that they were the unsung hero that played above our expectations. What Tre did on Saturday to the man who straight up embarrassed us last year was nothing short of spectacular and was just as important as what Zanos continues to do to half of the population on the court at any given time.

El_Diablo
02-05-2019, 10:39 AM
The real head-scratcher is that Nickeil Alexander-Walker (coming off an 11-point, 3-assist, 5-turnover game on Saturday) was named ACC Player of the Week over Zion.

BandAlum83
02-05-2019, 11:57 AM
The real head-scratcher is that Nickeil Alexander-Walker (coming off an 11-point, 3-assist, 5-turnover game on Saturday) was named ACC Player of the Week over Zion.

See my post #2 on this thread

flyingdutchdevil
02-05-2019, 02:51 PM
1. This post is posted 2 months too early.

2. In the title, you should replace "week" to "year".

Devilwin
02-05-2019, 06:01 PM

What? You can't be serious!

HereBeforeCoachK
02-05-2019, 06:09 PM

How did the national guys get it wrong and miss the VT turnover machine for Natty Player of the week????

jimsumner
02-05-2019, 06:16 PM

Well, somebody had to hold the Wolfpack to 24 points!!

HereBeforeCoachK
02-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Well, somebody had to hold the Wolfpack to 24 points!!

by that standard, NPOW shoulda been Braxton Beverly.....

TruBlu
02-05-2019, 06:42 PM
The ACC should rename “ACC Player of the Week” to:
“ACC Player of the Week, not named Zion or RJ”.