PDA

View Full Version : ACC Tournament ticket notice

weezie
01-30-2019, 08:34 PM
NO tickets offered to anyone below group one status. IDs offered a place on the wait list for groups 2 through eleventy.

To quote House G, it's the "Zion Effect."

hallcity
01-30-2019, 09:06 PM
NO tickets offered to anyone below group one status. IDs offered a place on the wait list for groups 2 through eleventy.

To quote House G, it's the "Zion Effect."

Probably some other schools won’t take up their full allotments so tickets may become available. Each school gets the same allotment but what are the odds of Miami or BC or Pitt using their full allotment? They can’t sell tournament tickets even when they’re good.

knicknut
01-30-2019, 09:18 PM
Apologies if this is taboo to ask, but for context for us mere mortals, what kind of donation for how many years gets you in group 1?

Bluedog
01-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Apologies if this is taboo to ask, but for context for us mere mortals, what kind of donation for how many years gets you in group 1?

Here ya go:
http://www.irondukes.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5100&ATCLID=178277

Group 1 is >$16k PER YEAR or (or is it "and"?) approximately >$700k of total donations to the Iron Dukes program.

knicknut
01-30-2019, 10:44 PM
Thanks. Seems more affordable to enroll for another degree!

(I'd think it has to be "or", not "and", but who knows.)

duke2x
01-31-2019, 12:13 AM
Probably some other schools won’t take up their full allotments so tickets may become available. Each school gets the same allotment but what are the odds of Miami or BC or Pitt using their full allotment? They can’t sell tournament tickets even when they’re good.

I would add ND to your list. It's not a huge alumni area for them, the novelty for the ACC has worn off, and the team will challenge Wake for last based on Monday's game.

BandAlum83
01-31-2019, 12:54 PM
Thanks. Seems more affordable to enroll for another degree!

(I'd think it has to be "or", not "and", but who knows.)

Definitely more affordable to get tix on stub hub at $2,000 a piece.

ETA: I just checked stub hub, and full session tix are not too bad right now. You can get an upper level all sessions for under $500. Of course, you can get center court for under $4,000 also.

I'm thinking the Zion effect may make for some profit taking if you buy tickets now.