PDA

View Full Version : Student Section Seats question

Coballs
01-28-2019, 05:20 PM
I was offered two GA tickets in the student section for the St. John’s game through the Duke ticket office. Can anyone who has used similar tickets for games when the students are there provide me with a little more information about the process? The ticket office representative was somewhat vague. Will I need to stand in line for several hours before the game in order to get a good view of the court, and is my site line of the court likely to be limited? Thanks in advance. I need to make a decision about purchasing flights for the game.

uh_no
01-28-2019, 06:08 PM
I was offered two GA tickets in the student section for the St. John’s game through the Duke ticket office. Can anyone who has used similar tickets for games when the students are there provide me with a little more information about the process? The ticket office representative was somewhat vague. do you have the tickets in hand?

Will I need to stand in line for several hours before the game in order to get a good view of the court, and is my site line of the court likely to be limited?

how tall are you? :D

summerwind03
01-28-2019, 06:21 PM
You will have a better view the earlier you get in line and the taller you are. I am 5'4" and could reslly only see half the court. It is suoer fun though! You can always rewatch the game later!

Coballs
01-28-2019, 07:03 PM
do you have the tickets in hand?

how tall are you? :D 6’0” and tickets not in hand yet. I would pick them up Sat AM.

I should add that I’ve been in the student section many times when I was a student a long time ago. But I seem to recall that the views were somewhat limited at the periphery of the student section.

StubHub is also an option, but the price is right in SRO.

WiJoe
01-28-2019, 07:55 PM
... through the Duke ticket office. ...

do you have a connection with ticket office.

are you Iron Duke?

usually, if there are extras, we get emails?

I'm curious (I guess that's obvious)

Coballs
01-28-2019, 08:11 PM
Yes it’s through the Iron Dukes. I had submitted a request for resale tickets for this game and was notified today by email that GA standing room tickets in the student section are available.

uh_no
01-28-2019, 09:33 PM
Yes it’s through the Iron Dukes. I had submitted a request for resale tickets for this game and was notified today by email that GA standing room tickets in the student section are available.

I don't have numbers for THAT game, but recent games, students have only had up until maybe somewhere around the middle of the key, so there is plenty of room for good seats. I'm usually inside a few hours before the game, so don't see how quickly the line builds, but doesn't seem to be a line 2+ hours before the game. Doors open 1HR before the game.

-jk
01-28-2019, 09:41 PM
My 15 yo, 6'2" kid has used them a couple times this year. Both times in line about two hours before tip/one hour before doors open. Both times he ended up about baseline extended across from the Duke bench. Once with me (6'1" these days; we passed each other - up and down - last year), and once with my wife (5'2"; she doesn't see much from there).

He loves it! My wife and I both prefer our usual seats. I hope he gets the 4 year plan...

-jk

DCDevil9194
01-28-2019, 10:45 PM
We have had student section seats about once a year for the past 5 years, including this past Saturday for the GA Tech game. We are all short - between 5' and 5' 8", so we always try to be one of the first ones in when the doors open. Generally, this means getting in line about 2 hrs before the doors open. This past week, we got in line at about 9:00 am for a 12:00 pm game, and were at the front of the line. We always go for the first or second row (again, we are short), but our location depends on how many bleacher spots are sold to the general public. This past Saturday, we were behind the baseline. For Louisville last year (a mid-week 9:00 game), we were around the three point line. We love the student section, even if we can't always see everything. The energy and excitement is worth it.

Hope this helps.

richardjackson199
01-29-2019, 04:22 AM
We have had student section seats about once a year for the past 5 years, including this past Saturday for the GA Tech game. We are all short - between 5' and 5' 8", so we always try to be one of the first ones in when the doors open. Generally, this means getting in line about 2 hrs before the doors open. This past week, we got in line at about 9:00 am for a 12:00 pm game, and were at the front of the line. We always go for the first or second row (again, we are short), but our location depends on how many bleacher spots are sold to the general public. This past Saturday, we were behind the baseline. For Louisville last year (a mid-week 9:00 game), we were around the three point line. We love the student section, even if we can't always see everything. The energy and excitement is worth it.

Hope this helps.

Yep that is the real key. Location is most affected by how many students fill the bleachers. The students are camping out for UNC right now. Thus expect most of those same tents of students to be at all the games leading up to UNC. Thus expect them to fill most of the bleachers student section on Saturday.

This is a big game. St. John's stunned us last year and Shamorie Ponds is a big ticket guy who could go Bootsy in Cameron. Gotta keep that non-conference home win streak going!

Obviously more students in the student section is a good thing - that is the point of the Cameron Crazies. But it would mean that a line is drawn much closer to the baseline where you won't be allowed to move closer to the middle no matter how early you arrive. Folks are allowed to shift a little more central much closer to tipoff. The middle is for students and the more students attend the more the students push out to the fringes. So expect the outer fringes to be all that is available this Saturday.

Uh_No could definitely clarify better than me, and probably give some accurate corrections.