PDA

View Full Version : Duke bars nationwide

jimmymax
01-27-2019, 11:38 AM
Maybe I saw it elsewhere but I thought that somewhere on DBR there was a list of bars in cities across the country where Duke games are televised and fans often gather. I checked the Library > Links page and searched the forums with no luck. I found a page on Duke's site (https://alumni.duke.edu/regional-events/game-watches) but am wondering if there's something more comprehensive.

Rich
01-27-2019, 11:40 AM
I read the thread title and thought my alma mater had some major issue with that national insurance company. Not on our side?

Indoor66
01-27-2019, 11:56 AM
I read the thread title and thought my alma mater had some major issue with that national insurance company. Not on our side?

Gee, I thought it related to criminal activity.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Really oughtta be an official Asheville Duke bar, IMHO

jimsumner
01-27-2019, 12:45 PM

Ditto. And et. cetera.

mattman91
01-27-2019, 01:29 PM
Really oughtta be an official Asheville Duke bar, IMHO

Agreed.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Agreed.

BTW, I owe you a tasty beverage. Heading out of town for a few days, but hold me to it.

weezie
01-27-2019, 02:40 PM
I've been accused of turning more than one bar into a Duke bar if I happen to be in one watching a game.

Resistance is futile.

CrazyNotCrazie
01-27-2019, 02:55 PM

I thought the same thing but knowing Coach Cut's very well publicized relationship with Peyton Manning this could not be possible.

brevity
01-27-2019, 02:58 PM

Interestingly, there are a few colleges and universities that have affiliations with insurance companies:

“You’re in good hands.”

— Duke

"The company you keep."

— NYU

"We know what it means to serve."

— U.S. Naval Academy

“The power of the Pyramid.”

— Memphis

"Liberty Liberty Liberty. Li-ber-ty."

— Liberty

“We are Farmers, bum ba-dum bum bum bum bum.”

— N.C. State

“Name your own price.”

— UNC

“Aflac!!!”

— Oregon

rsvman
01-27-2019, 03:02 PM
Interestingly, there are a few colleges and universities that have affiliations with insurance companies:

“You’re in good hands.”

— Duke

"The company you keep."

— NYU

"We know what it means to serve."

— U.S. Naval Academy

“The power of the Pyramid.”

— Memphis

"Liberty Liberty Liberty. Li-ber-ty."

— Liberty

“We are Farmers, bum ba-dum bum bum bum bum.”

— N.C. State

“Name your own price.”

— UNC

“Aflac!!!”

— Oregon

LOL. Another brevity classic.

jimmymax
01-27-2019, 03:22 PM

No, just speaking Chinese, apparently:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/01/27/duke-professor-warns-chinese-students-speak-english-campus-or-face-unintended-consequences

Mistamassy
01-27-2019, 04:04 PM
I own a tap room here in Minneapolis called First Draft. If anyone is ever here for a game, let me know and I’ll make sure it is on every TV. I saw the Florida State buzzer beater there and went nuts..oops. LOL.

Let me know if you are around for Final Four as well. Happy to buy beers for Duke fans considering how few are around me here :)

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-27-2019, 04:22 PM
I own a tap room here in Minneapolis called First Draft. If anyone is ever here for a game, let me know and I’ll make sure it is on every TV. I saw the Florida State buzzer beater there and went nuts..oops. LOL.

Let me know if you are around for Final Four as well. Happy to buy beers for Duke fans considering how few are around me here :)

I don't know you and I wish I could be there for the FF (hoping Duke will be there too) but free beers for Duke fans = SPORKS!

Coballs
01-27-2019, 06:12 PM

Hopefully you'l have many out of town Duke fans at your bar Final Four weekend. If Duke advances, I'm going and I'll definitely put in a session in at First Draft.

RPS
01-27-2019, 07:04 PM

[Raises hand]

I've seen a bunch of Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in person, but never a Final Four. So I took a flyer and got a ticket for Minneapolis. I hope the Devils are there, obviously, but I'll have fun either way. I'll plan to stop in.

weezie
01-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Hopefully you'l have many out of town Duke fans at your bar Final Four weekend. If Duke advances, I'm going and I'll definitely put in a session in at First Draft.

And just like that, another Duke bar is born...

Mistamassy
01-27-2019, 10:41 PM
And just like that, another Duke bar is born...

Amen!

Mistamassy
01-27-2019, 10:42 PM
[Raises hand]

I've seen a bunch of Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games in person, but never a Final Four. So I took a flyer and got a ticket for Minneapolis. I hope the Devils are there, obviously, but I'll have fun either way. I'll plan to stop in.

Remind me. I’m serious in my offer!

jimmymax
01-28-2019, 05:30 PM
OK, with no expectations, here's a start:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hBGBAVcELROqF_JFIc19k0X0N4Q0ZFQFCHQALMFDdD8/edit