PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Georgia Tech (Jan 26, 2019)

JBDuke
01-26-2019, 01:56 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Georgia Tech today?

Acymetric
01-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Barrett played great, but 6 turnovers is too rich for my blood so I'm going Zion.

Honorable mention props to Reddish, who played great other than his cold shooting, and Alex who played with a lot of hustle in the second half.

MarkD83
01-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Voted for Tre because he was back on the court with 4 assists and 1 turnover (according to ESPN boxscore)

mapei
01-26-2019, 02:05 PM
RJ. But mad props to Zion. We need both to win.

kako
01-26-2019, 02:10 PM
I almost voted for Jones for his comeback game, but that's not really MOTM. Nice to see AOC play better, again not MOTM. Reddish's shooting wasn't good, though his other play was solid. Once again, it's a choice between Zion and Barrett. Zion was Zion, but going with Barrett for leading the team in scoring, rebounding and hitting 7-8 from the line.

9F

Bob Green
01-26-2019, 02:11 PM
R.J. Barrett earns my vote with his 24 and 11 double-double. Yes, he was sloppy with the ball (6 turnovers) but the whole team was out of sync for a large portion of the game. When Duke went on the big run in the 2nd half, Barrett led the charge.

Zion is runner-up and Alex O'Connell earns honorable mention for playing a bunch of quality minutes.

Saratoga2
01-26-2019, 02:29 PM
I voted for Zion as his offensive efficiency and solid defense contributed to the win. RJ also had another outstanding game and both guys did well with FTs.

wsb3
01-26-2019, 02:36 PM
R.J. Barrett earns my vote with his 24 and 11 double-double. Yes, he was sloppy with the ball (6 turnovers) but the whole team was out of sync for a large portion of the game. When Duke went on the big run in the 2nd half, Barrett led the charge.

Zion is runner-up and Alex O'Connell earns honorable mention for playing a bunch of quality minutes.

I can't disagree with you Bob, though some of his turnovers drove me a little nuts, which I admit is a short trip. It seemed like the amount of turnovers were much higher as a team than they actually were, probably because they all seem to be unforced. Just horrible decision making as a team.

Was the first half our worst half of the year? And then we came out of the gate slow in the second half. But a couple of big defensive plays turned the tide. I think GMan was correct that Tre's D and the left hand scoop shot that went in seem to energize the team.

Things were so bad at one point I thought I might vote for Vrank because he must have had a really good week in practice. I was glad to see him get some minutes & I thought he did well..

Lack of outside shooting or lack thereof continues to be a major concern. I really thought Reddish would have broken loose by now. We are 31% for the year.

I will leave on a high note.. 16-19 from the free throw line, outscoring GT by 14. Both teams with 24 field goals.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Tre gets my vote today for several reasons:
1. outstanding defense on their star guard
2. floor leadership and assists
3. general guts for getting back into the floor so quickly

Glad we came alive for 10+ minutes of the second half. Where in the world did our outside shooting go? And the turnovers by Cam and RJ - unacceptable.

Edouble
01-26-2019, 04:08 PM
Alex's barber is MOTM. Very glad to see his old haircut gone.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-26-2019, 04:10 PM
Alex's barber is MOTM. Very glad to see his old haircut gone.
Us too!

weezie
01-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Us too!

No way! I enjoy all the AOC hairdos!

Devilwin
01-26-2019, 04:56 PM
Zion..Thought about RJ, but six tos, and he shoots more than Z to get around the same point production. Zion's dunks and blocked shots were crazy. Tre third for me, saw flashes of his brilliance today. Outside shooting remains a major issue. Jack was invisible again, and Cam still cannot find his shot, plus he has a hard time finishing drives. That being said, he rebounded and passed well today..Hope Bolden's toe is ok, coach says it's not a big deal..

MChambers
01-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Zion was great the whole game. Barrett really struggled in the first half, enough that I was wondering what was wrong. He was great the last 16 minutes or so, but that's not enough for MOTM.

mapei
01-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Someone voted for Javin?? An aspirational vote, perhaps . . .