PDA

View Full Version : DBR Podcast #143 - Special Edition! Tre Jones is getting better!!

JasonEvans
01-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Duke got some very good news on the injury front this afternoon and we just had to jump on and talk about it.

https://soundcloud.com/dbrpodcast/dbr-podcast-143-tre-jones-shoulder-special

0:00 Can you feel something special in the air tonight?
0:15 Sam welcomes us to a Tre Jones shoulder show, brought to you by Byrd Campbell
1:00 Sam welcomes Jason and Donald... and Donald thanks everyone for praying for Tre
2:10 Sam sums up what happened and reminds us of the horror of Kyrie's toe
3:55 Jason reflects on how upset he was when Tre went down and it seemed like a long-term thing
6:00 The news broke this afternoon... Tre may be back in just a few days!
7:00 Donald needs to be bleeped when talking about his reaction to the injury
11:20 Time to recap the Syracuse loss, Donald breaks out a stat about Duke versus the zone... and that stat is not good
13:50 Jason has a stat too, about how Tre impacted Duke's defense against Syracuse
16:30 Jason wants to talk about one shot, one very unlikely one, that Syracuse hit
18:30 Previewing Virginia, in which we assume Tre will not play
20:30 Sam says tempo and getting some easy transition buckets will be huge in this game
25:30 Goodbye and Duke band

CY_devil
01-17-2019, 10:53 PM
Thank you all for the quick update! I went from cursing and being in a horrible mood to being giddy with excitement in the span of 48 hours. Thank you all the basketball gods for giving Tre back to us!!!

Saratoga2
01-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Duke will soon be back on the road to the final four. Tre means that much to the team and Cam is also a vital part. The Syracuse game saw the confluence of so many items of bad luck. Maybe things will go our way from now on.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-18-2019, 05:56 PM
Good job as always, guys. I wish you had addressed the pace of play in the Syracuse game and theorized why it was fast, at what's normally our desired pace, as opposed to slow as y'all expected. I'm guessing because they shot so abnormally well (which you did discuss) and we shot so abysmally poor.

Thrilled that Cam will be back for tomorrow's game (might he have had a 24 hour stomach virus?) and that Tre's "outage" will be short lived. I'm sure he wants to play against Virginia, but I'd sure hate for him to get in there (too soon) and injure the AC joint. I'd almost prefer he give it a few more days and wait till Tuesday (Pitt) or next Saturday (GaTech). http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

DukeDevil
01-21-2019, 05:48 AM
Didn’t see a podcast thread for the most recent episode...but I had to share the shot of pseudosam from the crowd

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-21-2019, 05:53 AM
Didn’t see a podcast thread for the most recent episode...but I had to share the shot of pseudosam from the crowd

Nice to see a young man who has clearly already accomplished his "career goal."