PDA

View Full Version : Paulus friend running for charity

Jeff_Ditzler
11-01-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm in the Army ROTC unit here at Duke, and we just got forwarded this e-mail from Greg Paulus about a friend of his who is running in the NYC marathon for the Wounded Warrior Project:

"Over the past month, I have been working with one of my really good high school friends who has decided to run the New York City Marathon for a charity that is both near and dear to him (and our country) The Wounded Warrior Project. My friend, Captain Mike Erwin, graduated from Christian Brothers Academy (my high school) in 1998 and West Point in 2002 and has since been deployed for 20 of the past 42 months in Afghanistan and Iraq. Over the past four years, Captain Erwin has worked with over a dozen soldiers who have been seriously wounded in combat and developed close ties with Wounded Warrior Project, which is an organization providing immediate aid to wounded soldiers upon their return to the United States. More specifically, the organization will work with these wounded American soldiers to learn and to live their lives after their respective tours and injuries without eyesight, legs, and arms.

"In order to honor those who have sacrificed for our country and secure our freedoms we often take for granted, Captain Erwin is running the New York City Marathon next weekend [November 4] and has been raising money to go directly to the Wounded Warrior Project. If any of you would have some interest in making a donation to the project it would be truly appreciated not only by Captain Erwin but all those soldiers who have sacrificed something for our country. I have attached more information that Captain Erwin has compiled for his fund raising efforts. Additionally, the link, which is noted in the attachment, to make a donation is also placed below.

www.woundedwarriorproject.org/MikeErwin (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/MikeErwin)

"Thanks and God Bless America,

"Greg Paulus"

TillyGalore
11-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Done! Good luck to Captain Erwin this weekend.

Godspeed.