PDA

View Full Version : Official Zeyeon vigil

OZZIE4DUKE
01-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Sure hope his eye is OK. LGD GTHc!

proelitedota
01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
People will be eyeing this thread for a while.

knicknut
01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
One of the weirdest injury situations I can recall. How could he be too injured to play, but not need any treatment and sit on the bench with no visible distress? It's not like a poked eye is something you risk reinjury by playing that day.

CameronBlue
01-12-2019, 04:29 PM
People will be eyeing this thread for a while.

Eat more spinach. That was Popeye's cure.

Bluedog
One of the weirdest injury situations I can recall. How could he be too injured to play, but not need any treatment and sit on the bench with no visible distress? It's not like a poked eye is something you risk reinjury by playing that day.

I think they're just being extra cautious. But I'm optimistic it'll just take a bit of time to feel 100%. It clearly is not a catastrophic eye injury.

duke09hms

K's genius! He wanted the team to learn how to win w/o Zion!

oldnavy
01-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Concussion protocol maybe?

golfinesquire
01-12-2019, 04:30 PM
His vision could have been blurry. Didn’t that happen to Bagley last year?

devildeac
01-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Eat more spinach. That was Popeye's cure.

Eye am what eye am.

Indoor66
01-12-2019, 04:32 PM

Carefully planned to give Cam his chance to solidify his confidence?

Pghdukie
01-12-2019, 04:32 PM
A very good sign was that Zion's eye didnt get blood shot. Here's hoping for the best.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 04:34 PM

Pupil was dilated.....can't play that way.

devildeac
01-12-2019, 04:34 PM
He can play wearing one of these:

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 04:35 PM
A very good sign was that Zion's eye didnt get blood shot. Here's hoping for the best.

Not blood shot, no patch required...GREAT SIGNS

TruBlu
01-12-2019, 04:36 PM
I got dilated a lot when I was a pupil. Definitely affected my performance.

fisheyes

We'll never know but I had the same thoughts.
Either way, intentional or not, the team now knows!

HereBeforeCoachK
He can play wearing one of these:

True story - my dad was Monte Towe's doctor when he broke his nose and had that mask....

fisheyes
01-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Pupil was dilated....can't play that way.

uNCheats have no pupils, is that why they lost today?

CameronBlue
01-12-2019, 04:39 PM
True story - my dad was Monte Towe's doctor when he broke his nose and had that mask...

Why did you Dad break Monte's nose?

Coballs
01-12-2019, 04:40 PM
They probably dilated his pupil in the locker room to make sure he didn't have a retina injury.

budwom
01-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Concussion protocol maybe?

No problems, he's entering the eye portal.

OldPhiKap
01-12-2019, 04:41 PM

Always read the small print on your insurance policy.

scottdude8
01-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Based on the way the prognosis changed so suddenly, at least according to the side-line reporting, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit woozy and they were keeping him out more for concussion precautions and less for his eye. You're always going to be more safe than sorry in those cases. But the way he was up and about towards the end of the game I'm not overly worried **KNOCKS ON ALL THE WOOD**

Indoor66
01-12-2019, 04:49 PM
uNCheats have no pupils, is that why they lost today?

Actually, no pupils or teachers.

Truth&Justise
01-12-2019, 04:53 PM

Well, we are 2-0 when NPOY-caliber players sit out the second half after getting poked in the eye. I'll make sure Kedsy adds that to his stats repertoire.

SavDukeGrad
01-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Based on the way the prognosis changed so suddenly, at least according to the side-line reporting, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit woozy and they were keeping him out more for concussion precautions and less for his eye. You're always going to be more safe than sorry in those cases. But the way he was up and about towards the end of the game I'm not overly worried **KNOCKS ON ALL THE WOOD**

That’s what I thought as well. Concussion-like symptoms possibly. He definitely wasn’t up much on the bench at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Truth&Justise
01-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Also, no foul was called on the play. Can anyone spot a foul here:

devildeac
01-12-2019, 04:55 PM
Actually, no pupils or teachers.

Re-arrange the letters in teachers and it becomes perfectly clear when you're referring to "u"nc...

richardjackson199
01-12-2019, 04:55 PM
I would bet the house that he is fine. Just being overly precautious. And that excess precaution almost cost us the game. Just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty disagree. I'm used to watching UFC where guys routinely get poked in the eye and a doc does eye reflexes and clears them in 60 seconds. Eye pokes can be extremely serious, but he could have been safely cleared at halftime. I think he probably was from the halftime report given to Allison Williams. You think Zion sits the second half if that was the National Championship game with that same eye poke? I don't. I expect other teams to poke us in the eye some more if we're just going to sit players who are ok just to be overly precautious. I get that he is a generational talent with a bright future we're trying to protect. But I think the precautionary take is excessive. I just think we need wins like that because we have so many tougher games left in the ACC. We can't afford to piss away Losses when trying to earn a 1 seed with excessive overprecaution. If there is a legitimate concern somebody is injured - sure sit them. I don't think there was in this case, and it almost cost us the game. We got very lucky. Some costly free throws from Tre and Barrett almost got us this time.

But enjoy the win. Great confidence booster for Cam so it worked out.

Green Wave Dukie
01-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Eye am what eye am.

That's a strong response, DD.

Indoor66
01-12-2019, 04:59 PM
I would bet the house that he is fine. Just being overly precautious. And that excess precaution almost cost us the game. Just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty disagree. I'm used to watching UFC where guys routinely get poked in the eye and a doc does eye reflexes and clears them in 60 seconds. Eye pokes can be extremely serious, but he could have been safely cleared at halftime. I think he probably was from the halftime report given to Allison Williams. You think Zion sits the second half if that was the National Championship game with that same eye poke? I don't. I expect other teams to poke us in the eye some more if we're just going to sit players who are ok just to be overly precautious. I get that he is a generational talent with a bright future we're trying to protect. But I think the precautionary take is excessive. I just think we need wins like that because we have so many tougher games left in the ACC. We can't afford to piss away Losses when trying to earn a 1 seed with excessive overprecaution. If there is a legitimate concern somebody is injured - sure sit them. I don't think there was in this case, and it almost cost us the game. We got very lucky. Some costly free throws from Tre and Barrett almost got us this time.

Thank you, Dr. Kevorkian.

dukie’s_daughter
01-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Re-arrange the letters in teachers and it becomes perfectly clear when you're referring to "u"nc...

Brilliant!!! LOL 😂

OZZIE4DUKE
01-12-2019, 05:05 PM

First time in 10 years I've given someone negative zporkz. You are wrong on every level. A team, and that's every team, can't be too protective of a player's eye or his or her brain. They don't grow back. And this game, in the grand scheme of things, was a meaningless game in January. A great win, one the team can learn from, but keeping Zion out was certainly the right decision by our staff.

HereBeforeCoachK

...he was a Heel grad (way back in the pre cheat days)

JasonEvans

News Flash: ACC officials swallow their whistles in Tallahassee... film at 11.

-Jason "why should this year be any different from any other year when it comes to FSU thuggery?" Evans

camion
01-12-2019, 05:15 PM

Don't let Teddy V. see that. He'll retroactively call Zion for a push off with the right arm.

TruBlu
01-12-2019, 05:20 PM

This picture makes it appear to be an intentional eye gouge. Will the ACC review it? Doubtful.

Devilwin
01-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Yes it did.

jakeha
01-12-2019, 05:27 PM
From Twitter (FSU football reporter): Coach K said Zion had double vision coming out of halftime. He didn’t have any headaches or concussion-like symptoms. Coach K said Williamson was almost crying after the game in happiness that the team was still able to get the win without him.

CameronBornAndBred
01-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Shut the lids on this one, he's fine.

https://twitter.com/stevewisemanNC/status/1084209651623886848?fbclid=IwAR1YdQkSyAvFRTofGUArD IpZ9PRbfMgyiZ0EvP-e5MjSbtY7Yev5gflrNI8

weezie
01-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Excellent news CB&B

devildeac
01-12-2019, 05:34 PM
From Twitter (FSU football reporter): Coach K said Zion had double vision coming out of halftime. He didn’t have any headaches or concussion-like symptoms. Coach K said Williamson was almost crying after the game in happiness that the team was still able to get the win without him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKCPjcvbys

What'd you expect, I Only Have Eyes For You?

:o;)

weezie
This picture makes it appear to be an intentional eye gouge. Will the ACC review it? Doubtful.

Hahahahah-Hahahaha. That's hilarious Tru!

golfinesquire
Shut the lids on this one, he's fine.

https://twitter.com/stevewisemanNC/status/1084209651623886848?fbclid=IwAR1YdQkSyAvFRTofGUArD IpZ9PRbfMgyiZ0EvP-e5MjSbtY7Yev5gflrNI8

Called it!

-jk
01-12-2019, 05:36 PM
What'd you expect, I Only Have Eyes For You?

:o;)

queue tons of eye songs...

-jk

devildeac
01-12-2019, 05:37 PM
News Flash: ACC officials swallow their whistles in Tallahassee... film at 11.

-Jason "why should this year be any different from any other year when it comes to FSU thuggery?" Evans

I'm debating whether that should be an F(inger)1 or F(inger) 2 foul.

What PoS reffing.

chrishoke
01-12-2019, 05:38 PM

God I love that kid.

devildeac
01-12-2019, 05:42 PM

WWE-worthy!! :mad:

acc review it?

devildeac
01-12-2019, 05:43 PM

-jk

Wheye not?

:o

sagegrouse
01-12-2019, 05:43 PM

I wonder if you are just spouting off -- not that there is anything wrong with that.

plimnko
01-12-2019, 05:44 PM

face is part of the ball....right?

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 06:04 PM
face is part of the ball...right?

His hands were suspiciously like claws.....kinda like Fred Sanford when he had his "author-itis" attacks......

dbduke
01-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Hard to draw any conclusions from a single frame, but that photo does not look good. Doesn’t appear to be an “accident” at all.

Tripping William
01-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Wheye not?

:o

To avoid making a spectacle of yourself? :o

Reilly
01-12-2019, 07:13 PM
No problems, he's entering the eye portal.

So you see some light at the end of the tunn ... er, portal?

OldPhiKap
01-12-2019, 07:14 PM

-jk

If I posted my list, would it show off my eye queue?

camion
01-12-2019, 07:37 PM

Well, I don't believe there's anything in the rule book prohibiting eye contact. :eek:

I'll leave now.

MartyClark
01-12-2019, 07:50 PM

I hope you are right. If so, I respect the Duke staff for protecting this kid's health even if, in retrospect, it was overly cautious.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 07:56 PM
I hope you are right. If so, I respect the Duke staff for protecting this kid's health even if, in retrospect, it was overly cautious.

It wasn't just caution....he had double vision.....you can't play that way.

Beagleboy
01-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Hard to draw any conclusions from a single frame, but that photo does not look good. Doesn’t appear to be an “accident” at all.

Watching the video in slo-mo, it almost looks intentional... hands are well past the ball and jabs directly into Zionz face.

OldPhiKap
01-12-2019, 08:06 PM
It wasn't just caution...he had double vision....you can't play that way.

Doesn’t that just mean that he would score twice as many points?

Indoor66
01-12-2019, 08:10 PM

It is only overly cautious in retrospect.

Tripping William
01-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Doesn’t that just mean that he would score twice as many points?

And complete a 720 dunk.

duke96
01-12-2019, 08:39 PM
If I am the parent of a recruit I pay attention to the fact that Duke kept Zion out of that half. Especially so if it it was not a clear cut decision.

And I would note that the school had my child’s best interests at heart first and foremost. Even when the temptation to do the opposite is very high.

DevilHorse
01-12-2019, 08:40 PM
To avoid making a spectacle of yourself? :o

This thread couldn't be cornea

DevilHorse
01-12-2019, 08:41 PM
And complete a 720 dunk.

TTrriipppllee double!

OldPhiKap
01-12-2019, 08:42 PM
This thread couldn't be cornea

Iris these puns would stop.

richardjackson199
01-12-2019, 08:45 PM
I wonder if you are just spouting off -- not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ha I'm sure I was spouting off.

I was frustrated because Allison Williams reported at the beginning of the 2nd half that she was told that Zion had been cleared and will return to play in the 2nd half. Then early 2nd half (14:21 to go in game) she clarified that she was told by Duke that Zion had been cleared and "was ok to return" but "they were keeping him out for now." I went back and listened to it all again to make sure that is what she said.

If he was medically cleared to return I was annoyed that he was being kept out if it was overabundant precaution because we clearly needed him. 7 dunks against us in the 2nd half was the most by any team this season in a half. And I'll disagree with Ozzie about January ACC games being meaningless. If we can win the ACC regular season this year, for example, I think we would be virtually guaranteed a 1 seed.

Of course I understand the staff holding him out for persistent double vision. No clue, but as speculated above I wonder if they dilated one eye at halftime to examine it and make sure there was no damage. Maybe eye looked good on exam which is why Duke told Williams he was ok and would return to play in the 2nd half. Dilating one eye with drops but not the other I believe could cause persistent double vision for some time until the dilation drops wear off. (I'm not an opthalmologist but I had to study for and answer lots of neurology questions on my boards.) Maybe that is what happened, and would all make sense. If any opthalmologist on the board could weigh in, that would be awesome.

DevilHorse
01-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Iris these puns would stop.

Put a lid on it

Tripping William
01-12-2019, 08:57 PM
Put a lid on it

Quit trying to brow-beat people

mattman91
01-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Quit trying to brow-beat people

Agreed. No need to lash out.

Tripping William
01-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Agreed. No need to lash out.

I (sp?) see what you did there.

devildeac
01-12-2019, 09:22 PM

I was frustrated because Allison Williams reported at the beginning of the 2nd half that she was told that Zion had been cleared and will return to play in the 2nd half. Then early 2nd half (14:21 to go in game) she clarified that she was told by Duke that Zion had been cleared and "was ok to return" but "they were keeping him out for now." I went back and listened to it all again to make sure that is what she said.

If he was medically cleared to return I was annoyed that he was being kept out if it was overabundant precaution because we clearly needed him. 7 dunks against us in the 2nd half was the most by any team this season in a half. And I'll disagree with Ozzie about January ACC games being meaningless. If we can win the ACC regular season this year, for example, I think we would be virtually guaranteed a 1 seed.

Of course I understand the staff holding him out for persistent double vision. No clue, but as speculated above I wonder if they dilated one eye at halftime to examine it and make sure there was no damage. Maybe eye looked good on exam which is why Duke told Williams he was ok and would return to play in the 2nd half. Dilating one eye with drops but not the other I believe could cause persistent double vision for some time until the dilation drops wear off. (I'm not an opthalmologist but I had to study for and answer lots of neurology questions on my boards.) Maybe that is what happened, and would all make sense. If any opthalmologist on the board could weigh in, that would be awesome.

JStuart? Are you reading?

stevoflurane
01-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Given that the associate head coach on the sidelines got his career derailed by a poke in the eye, I’d imagine that they would be super cautious with any eye injury.

Green Wave Dukie
01-12-2019, 09:50 PM
I (sp?) see what you did there.

Trippin’, you are really on the ball.

CoachJ10
01-12-2019, 10:06 PM

This was the lead picture on ESPN and CBS with a caption that said “Zion Williamson attempted to break FSU player’s fingers with his eye...did K coach him to do this”?

devildeac
01-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Trippin’, you are really on the ball.

I'm happy he lens us his insight on a regular basis.

Saratoga2
01-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Jon Scheyer can attest to that. His poke in the eye was career changing.

Reilly
01-12-2019, 10:45 PM
EYE
PUNS
seem much
too, too easy
to make please stop
i really mean it not joking this time

budwom
01-13-2019, 09:46 AM

Maybe it's just me, but sideline reporting is generally useless. Definitely less than useless yesterday.

BandAlum83
01-13-2019, 09:53 AM

Wow, tough crowd. RJ was 8/9 for the game.

Fish80
01-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Maybe it's just me, but sideline reporting is generally useless. Definitely less than useless yesterday.

Just curious, what is less than useless? I consider myself a math geek, but I will have to ponder this. Feels like a double negative. Is less than less actually more?

Clearly, eye need more insight.

JStuart
01-13-2019, 10:28 AM
JStuart? Are you reading?

This thread just brings tears to my eyes.....
Without any direct knowledge from the trainers, my guess is that he had a mild surface 'irregularity' that accounted for the 'double vision' (as opposed to the character in Catch 22 who 'saw everything twice'), and it resolved by the end of the game. I saw no bruises or redness that could have explained lots more, and I doubt if the trainers did anything more than put anaesthetic drops in, and used a soft contact lens as a bandage. They aren't licensed to use dilating drops, I don't believe.
Now, if Art Chandler was still here, and accompanying the team, all bets would be off!

HereBeforeCoachK
01-13-2019, 11:57 AM
This thread just brings tears to my eyes....
Without any direct knowledge from the trainers, my guess is that he had a mild surface 'irregularity' that accounted for the 'double vision' (as opposed to the character in Catch 22 who 'saw everything twice'), and it resolved by the end of the game. I saw no bruises or redness that could have explained lots more, and I doubt if the trainers did anything more than put anaesthetic drops in, and used a soft contact lens as a bandage. They aren't licensed to use dilating drops, I don't believe.
Now, if Art Chandler was still here, and accompanying the team, all bets would be off!

Are you saying there's no team "doctor" on the travel squad?

budwom
01-13-2019, 12:07 PM
Just curious, what is less than useless? I consider myself a math geek, but I will have to ponder this. Feels like a double negative. Is less than less actually more?

Happy to oblige! Useless would be if she (in this case) got no information at all. Thereby, pretty much by definition, useless. (no info = useless)
But in this case, she reported erroneous information. Zion did not play in the second half despite her two statements that he would.
Hence her role was clearly negative, which to me is less than useless. (bad info = less than useless).

(I honestly would not have expected him back had she not "reported" he'd return). I did eventually give up the notion.

CameronBornAndBred
01-13-2019, 12:35 PM

You know what aggravated me the most about that play? It wasn't the reporting after, it was Dickie V's overly enthusiastic cheering as FSU nails a three pointer, going 5 on 4 while Zion is writhing under the other basket in pain. I thought he was gonna stroke out celebrating.

OldPhiKap
01-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Happy to oblige! Useless would be if she (in this case) got no information at all. Thereby, pretty much by definition, useless. (no info = useless)
But in this case, she reported erroneous information. Zion did not play in the second half despite her two statements that he would.
Hence her role was clearly negative, which to me is less than useless. (bad info = less than useless).

(I honestly would not have expected him back had she not "reported" he'd return). I did eventually give up the notion.

Apparently, Zion was warming up for the second half but was a late scratch when he told Nolan that he was having double vision. So I think she described what was planned, but circumstances changed.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Apparently, Zion was warming up for the second half but was a late scratch when he told Nolan that he was having double vision. So I think she described what was planned, but circumstances changed.
I saw Zion warming up on tv as halftime ended and was surprised he didn’t start the second half. Didn’t know about the double vision at that point.

sagegrouse
01-13-2019, 12:41 PM

Naw. "Less than useless" could be "positively harmful." Now, you ask, how could something be positively harmful?

Green Wave Dukie
01-13-2019, 01:01 PM
EYE
PUNS
seem much
too, too easy
to make please stop
i really mean it not joking this time

Reilly,
Was this serious post, or just a test?

camion
01-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Naw. "Less than useless" could be "positively harmful." Now, you ask, how could something be positively harmful?

Well, it could produce large volumes of internet chaff thus interfering with substantive discussion.

Oh wait, am I assuming substantive internet discussion?
Never mind. :o

CameronBlue
01-13-2019, 01:46 PM
You know what aggravated me the most about that play? It wasn't the reporting after, it was Dickie V's overly enthusiastic cheering as FSU nails a three pointer, going 5 on 4 while Zion is writhing under the other basket in pain. I thought he was gonna stroke out celebrating.

Dickie V has become just such an insufferable bore. "Just please God make him stop" is one of the more oft-screamed phrases heard in my home outside of the bedroom I share with my wife (elsewhere it's merely implied.) He's just gone way way way beyond tolerable. Every television remote should come with "Dickie V" button instead of a "mute" button. It's labeled with a icon of someone jamming an ice pick in their ears.

dalmatians98
01-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Dickie V has become just such an insufferable bore. "Just please God make him stop" is one of the more oft-screamed phrases heard in my home outside of the bedroom I share with my wife (elsewhere it's merely implied.) He's just gone way way way beyond tolerable. Every television remote should come with "Dickie V" button instead of a "mute" button. It's labeled with a icon of someone jamming an ice pick in their ears.

I don't question Vitale's love of the game, his friendliness or his enthusiasm; and I gratefully acknowledge all the fund-raising he's done in the fight against cancer.

But at our house, we too watch with the volume muted whenever he's in the booth. It's simply too painful and frustrating to listen to him, and it's been that way for a few years now.

Unfortunately, like too many show biz types, he didn't get off when he should have. Now he's basically a parody of himself as he monopolizes broadcasts with shilling, boosting and name dropping. In other words, he's become the Willard Scott of basketball broadcasting.

I believe his contract with ESPN expires at the end of the 2020-21 season. I pray neither party seeks to renew or extend it.

Gorilla
01-13-2019, 02:45 PM
I'm not seeing how it was intentional. Looked like a simple reach for the ball but Zion lost it and then got hit. It's a fast pace game and the fsu player was collapsing on zion

DevilFalcon
01-13-2019, 03:14 PM

It blows my mind this wasn't called a foul. The FSU player should have been ejected and suspended. When 6'7" 270lbs of solid muscle goes to the ground in pain, there is a pretty good chance that something bad happened.
Absolutely malicious intent here. You don't go for a basketball with your hand in a gouging position, you have an open hand to grab it. Someone would be hard pressed to convince me that wasn't intentional.

Papa John
01-13-2019, 03:24 PM
It blows my mind this wasn't called a foul. The FSU player should have been ejected and suspended. When 6'7" 270lbs of solid muscle goes to the ground in pain, there is a pretty good chance that something bad happened.
Absolutely malicious intent here. You don't go for a basketball with your hand in a gouging position, you have an open hand to grab it. Someone would be hard pressed to convince me that wasn't intentional.

It was definitely a foul, and clearly should have been whistled as such. That said, I didn't think it looked malicious or intentional—as Gorilla stated below, basketball is a fast-paced game and sometimes hard contact happens. But the fact that it wasn't whistled by any of the officials on the floor was absolutely unconscionable (and there were a number of additional hard fouls that occurred yesterday afternoon that left me a bit baffled, but this was clearly the worst).

Agree. It's gotten to the point where as soon as I hear Vitale is calling the game, I turn the volume down to "0" immediately. The guy has become a caricature of himself...

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-13-2019, 03:40 PM

K would never admit that in a hundred years, but I think he's coaching for March and that situation was the perfect teacher.
Love, Ima

Reilly
01-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Seems this thread has degenerated ...

Degenerated, or evolved? I guess beauty is in the ... ah, never mind.

golfinesquire
01-13-2019, 04:43 PM

Oh, I think we know. There is no way K sits someone who is as important to the team and works as hard as Zion to make a point to the rest of the team. Aside from the fact that it is unfair to Zion, the team is still evolving and learning how to play together and in hostile environments. It is great that they won and a lot of good things happened that they can build on but I am certain K would have preferrd to have Zion in the game and not on the bench.

duke4ever19
01-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Can someone change the channel back to the Zion eye vigil network?

OZZIE4DUKE
01-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Can someone change the channel back to the Zion eye vigil network?
You mean back to the Zeyeon vigil!

JGB
01-13-2019, 05:32 PM
(as opposed to the character in Catch 22 who 'saw everything twice')

+1 Outstanding literary reference!

Bob Green
01-13-2019, 05:42 PM
Okay folks this thread has drifted off in a negative direction. How about everyone getting back on topic. I expect us Mods will be deleting some posts to help the effort.

Thanks!

Green Wave Dukie
01-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Glad to help, Bob.

When should we realistically expect to know if he’ll play? Not till after warm-ups?

Bob Green
01-13-2019, 06:31 PM
Glad to help, Bob.

When should we realistically expect to know if he’ll play? Not till after warm-ups?

At tip-off.

OldPhiKap
01-13-2019, 06:35 PM
At tip-off.

Cut’s not the only Secret Squirrel on campus.

(Hat tip to Budwom for the image)

Devilwin
01-13-2019, 06:43 PM

Had to have been an accident. No one in their right mind would have clawed Zion in the face on purpose!

Tripping William
01-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Okay folks this thread has drifted off in a negative direction. How about everyone getting back on topic. I expect us Mods will be deleting some posts to help the effort.

Thanks!

See <ahem>: Eye puns aren’t so turrrr-ible after all (when you consider the alternative).

MChambers
01-13-2019, 07:02 PM

Intent in slo-mo or stop action is very misleading. Remember all the slo-mos of Grayson the last few years that showed he was in Dallas in 1963?

-jk
01-13-2019, 07:27 PM
At tip-off.

Or when he doesn’t check in.

-jk

DrChainsaw
01-13-2019, 08:08 PM
Intent in slo-mo or stop action is very misleading. Remember all the slo-mos of Grayson the last few years that showed he was in Dallas in 1963?

Or Hans-blah-blah getting his nose whacked in the Dome?

hudlow
01-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Had to have been an accident. No one in their right mind would have clawed Zion in the face on purpose!

Zion was holding Forrest's fingers with his eyelids.

Pghdukie
01-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Superman wears Zion underwear !

HereBeforeCoachK
01-13-2019, 08:54 PM

Right, but he went to make hard contact...out of control.......and probably planning on getting called for the foul.

rsvman
01-13-2019, 10:51 PM

Thanks!

This strikes me (in the eye?) as supercilious.

*ducks, runs

OldPhiKap
01-13-2019, 11:02 PM
This strikes me (in the eye?) as supercilious.

*ducks, runs

Pretty cornea joke there.

elvis14
01-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Eye hope Zion gets to play tomorrow. Eye hate to say it but when eye see the replay it's looks intentional to me. But what do eye know?

CameronBornAndBred
01-14-2019, 02:19 PM
.@DukeMBB will know the availability of Zion Williamson after their shoot around this afternoon. Devils host Syracuse tonight. @accmbb
https://twitter.com/jgravleyWRAL/status/1084876431392497666

Interesting, since other reports after the game had said he is fine. Didn't they have practices since then? Sending vEYEbes!

JFG
01-14-2019, 04:37 PM

Anyone want to help me invent and market a "V-Switch" for TV's?

A few years ago, I rigged up my Home Theater Receiver with a manual "V-Switch". Basically you rout the Rear Preamp Outputs to the Front Amp Inputs and remove the Center Channel Preamp Output Cable. What you hear is the Rear Program Material from a Dolby Digital Surround Program. It worked pretty well in that all you heard mostly was the crowd noise (er, the crazies) and the basketball and sometimes the players.

I also used this for NHL games to eliminate the Mike Emrick finger nails on chalkboard play-by-play from the broadcast. Sadly the broadcasters are cutting off most all of the Rear Channel content from their Dolby Surround signal or adding more of the Front Channel to the Rear, so this rigged up "V-Switch" does work anymore. :(

wilson
01-14-2019, 04:40 PM
I’d pay a respectable sum of money to see Zion come out tonight wearing a pair of Horace Grant Rec Specs.

MarkD83
01-14-2019, 04:45 PM
Anyone want to help me invent and market a "V-Switch" for TV's?

A few years ago, I rigged up my Home Theater Receiver with a manual "V-Switch". Basically you rout the Rear Preamp Outputs to the Front Amp Inputs and remove the Center Channel Preamp Output Cable. What you hear is the Rear Program Material from a Dolby Digital Surround Program. It worked pretty well in that all you heard mostly was the crowd noise (er, the crazies) and the basketball and sometimes the players.

I also used this for NHL games to eliminate the Mike Emrick finger nails on chalkboard play-by-play from the broadcast. Sadly the broadcasters are cutting off most all of the Rear Channel content from their Dolby Surround signal or adding more of the Front Channel to the Rear, so this rigged up "V-Switch" does work anymore. :(

A much easier "V switch" is to mute your TV and have your ipad or computer tuned to the Duke basketball radio network. The announcers always seem to agree with my point of view. They must have the same blue colored corneas that "eye" have (OK had to add that in the spirit of this thread).

devildeac
01-14-2019, 05:00 PM
A much easier "V switch" is to mute your TV and have your ipad or computer tuned to the Duke basketball radio network. The announcers always seem to agree with my point of view. They must have the same blue colored corneas that "eye" have (OK had to add that in the spirit of this thread).

I risk the wrath of the on-topic police by posting this.

billy
01-14-2019, 05:15 PM

I did exactly that Saturday - TuneIn app on iPhone.

Only issue is the out of phase audio. Usually just have to pause one or the other for a few seconds.

BandAlum83
01-14-2019, 05:51 PM

Unfortunately, the broadcasts tend to differ by about 10 seconds. It's very disorienting.

camion
01-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately, the broadcasts tend to differ by about 10 seconds. It's very disorienting.

In which direction is the difference. Sound leading the video or video leading sound?

If you need to delay the radio then here is a possible solution for $70 (https://www.scannermaster.com/SportSync_Radio_SR_404_p/58-561973.htm?msclkid=78f95f4803d81d73fc6103751f0de15 6&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SportSync&utm_term=%2Bradio%20%2Bdelay&utm_content=Sync).