PDA

View Full Version : Joined a Clemson Site.

Devilwin
01-07-2019, 07:38 AM
Just for grins, I joined a Clemson site, and was very respectful to them, and told them how many of us were pulling for them tonight.
They didn't want to hear it, obviously..lol
Never seen such venom directed at a rival school before. Such as, Duke cheats, the refs help us all the time, they don't want us to support them, and some other posts that we would not allow on our site. Full of profanity as well. It sure makes me appreciate the fans of other schools we have on our site, which are just good people.
Simply amazing to me..But funny too..lol

camion
01-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Just for grins, I joined a Clemson site, and was very respectful to them, and told them how many of us were pulling for them tonight.
Never seen such venom directed at a rival school before. Such as, Duke cheats, the refs help us all the time, they don't want us to support them, and some other posts that we would not allow on our site. Full of profanity as well. It sure makes me appreciate the fans of other schools we have on our site, which are just good people.

They may feel that the 360 dunk by Zion was a over the top. :eek:

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 07:57 AM

Too bad. I have been to basketball and football games at Clemson wearing Duke gear, and have always had a very pleasant set of interactions with Clemson fans and students.

Devilwin
01-07-2019, 08:09 AM
No, but they did say he walked. I will say, they are so lenient on what they are allowed to say..lol

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 08:10 AM
No, but they did say he walked. I will say, they are so lenient on what they are allowed to say..lol

Not many sports boards are moderated as tightly as this one is.

Most sports boards are not as good as this one is.

I think there is some cause and effect.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 08:13 AM

I joined TigerNet....which one were you on?

BandAlum83
01-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Too bad. I have been to basketball and football games at Clemson wearing Duke gear, and have always had a very pleasant set of interactions with Clemson fans and students.

I have always had nothing but positive experiences with Clemson students/alum and family in the face to face world.

rthomas
01-07-2019, 08:34 AM
I'm pulling for them tonight!

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 09:05 AM

I am too, which is apparently more than they do for us in the NCAAT........in hoops.

Indoor66
01-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Not many sports boards are moderated as tightly as this one is.

Most sports boards are not as good as this one is.

I think there is some cause and effect.

I guess that means rules (and following and enforcing them) have consequences. Does that apply to the rest of life?

UrinalCake
01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Don't forget, Zion was supposed to go to Clemson. But then he did a 360.

jv001
01-07-2019, 10:47 AM
I have always had nothing but positive experiences with Clemson students/alum and family in the face to face world.

That's the difference, when it comes to saying things on the internet some people will talk big, but when it comes to saying those same things to your face, they are cowards. It's the world we live in. GoDuke!

Devilwin
01-07-2019, 11:16 AM
I joined TigerNet...which one were you on?

Tigernet. Trueblueduke....

Devilwin
01-07-2019, 11:19 AM
I am too, which is apparently more than they do for us in the NCAAT....in hoops.

I was, but in hindsight, maybe they don't deserve a win tonight.

arnie
01-07-2019, 11:39 AM

I was but not anymore. That’ll show em.

DukieInKansas
01-07-2019, 11:46 AM
I was, but in hindsight, maybe they don't deserve a win tonight.

I'll still be pullng for them - both because they are ACC* and due to family ties. Will be watching the sidelines looking for a glimpse of Nephew Alex.

* unc doesn't get this treatment - they may lose as many games as possible and I might be happy. ;)

tbyers11
01-07-2019, 11:56 AM

I see what you are trying to do there, but if Zion was supposed to go to Clemson and did a 360 wouldn't he be at Clemson :D

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 12:03 PM
I guess that means rules (and following and enforcing them) have consequences. Does that apply to the rest of life?

“On some days you have good ideas and on some days you have bad ones. The trick is knowing the difference. Instantly. What you do after that is a matter of character or sometimes how fast you can run.”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Devilwin
01-07-2019, 12:11 PM

No, it won't show them anything. But at least I would not have to listen to two very vocal CU fans at work..:cool:

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 12:15 PM
I see what you are trying to do there, but if Zion was supposed to go to Clemson and did a 360 wouldn't he be at Clemson :D

Now see.....you had to go ruin a perfectly good meme....with LOGIC and MATH!!!! Touche.

rthomas
01-07-2019, 12:25 PM
If I had to be mad at everyone who pulled against Duke....

Devilwin
01-07-2019, 12:33 PM
If I had to be mad at everyone who pulled against Duke...

Guess we'd stay mad, huh?..lol

UrinalCake
01-07-2019, 12:35 PM

https://youtu.be/AiCF1QdyxhM

MartyClark
01-07-2019, 12:43 PM

"Let all those who hate Zion be turned back in shame. May they be like grass on the roof that withers before it can grow." Psalm 129:5.

devildeac
01-07-2019, 12:46 PM

Now we've really come full circle with this discussion/description.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Now we've really come full circle with this discussion/description.

And anyone who keeps it going is really a protractor.....

Indoor66
01-07-2019, 01:35 PM
And anyone who keeps it going is really a protractor....

...and has lost their sports compass.

Saratoga2
01-07-2019, 01:35 PM

I have been a fan of ND football, despite their poor showing in bowl games. When Dabo and his psychopathic defensive coordinator went ballistic on a call with them up 30 to 3 and only a short while left in the game, I came to see Clemson in a different light. I'll be pulling against them tonight, ACC or not.

arnie
01-07-2019, 02:04 PM
I have been a fan of ND football, despite their poor showing in bowl games. When Dabo and his psychopathic defensive coordinator went ballistic on a call with them up 30 to 3 and only a short while left in the game, I came to see Clemson in a different light. I'll be pulling against them tonight, ACC or not.

Dabo also showed his butt when he berated his punter throughout the ACC championship game against the Cheats a few years ago. Recall the punter ran on 4th down and didn’t make it. Dabo screamedcst him incessantly on the sidelines during each subsequent timeout. I considered, but decided against, pulling for the Cheats the rest of the way. I’ve never seen K do anything like this.

I choose to root for Bama tonight.

Wahoo2000
01-07-2019, 02:11 PM

Biggest mistake in sports fandom - to take the personality of a message board site as anything close to the personality of a fanbase overall. Message boards/twitter/etc..... you're usually going to get the worst people being the most vocal. Almost EVERY fanbase I've had a decent amount of real-world experience with has been 1,000,000 times better than you find on the majority of message boards.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Dabo also showed his butt when he berated his punter throughout the ACC championship game against the Cheats a few years ago. Recall the punter ran on 4th down and didn’t make it. Dabo screamedcst him incessantly on the sidelines during each subsequent timeout. I considered, but decided against, pulling for the Cheats the rest of the way. I’ve never seen K do anything like this.

I choose to root for Bama tonight.

You two guys don't understand Dabo. His players love him, including that punter. They were fine after two minutes. Why are you still worried about it years later? While he and Cut are very very different personalities, there is probably no one who is as much like Cut in life principles as Dabo. You're just as guilty as the Duke haters who see Coach K on TV and decide that based on what they see on TV....they hate him.

uh_no
01-07-2019, 02:54 PM
You two guys don't understand Dabo. His players love him, including that punter. They were fine after two minutes. Why are you still worried about it years later? While he and Cut are very very different personalities, there is probably no one who is as much like Cut in life principles as Dabo. You're just as guilty as the Duke haters who see Coach K on TV and decide that based on what they see on TV...they hate him.

I wasn't a fan of how he handled the drug busts on his team last week.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Well that's a different topic entirely...but seriously, "drug busts?"

elvis14
01-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Question, when the Crazies were chanting "We Want Bama" were they supporting Clemson? Bama? Niether? The TigerNet knuckleheads took it as a swipe at the Tigers. I did not.

As for the hating on Dabo because he chewed out a punter for screwing up...all I can tell you is that Dabo is the kind of guy we would want to coach at Duke (meaning he's as respectable as Coach K and Coach Cut).

uh_no
01-07-2019, 03:27 PM
"drug busts?"

yes?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/03/dexter-lawrence-two-other-clemson-players-suspended-national-title-game/?utm_term=.1da94163d85c

BandAlum83
01-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Now see...you had to go ruin a perfectly good meme...with LOGIC and MATH!!!! Touche.

By the time he landed it was a 540, so you could use that.

uh_no
01-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Question, when the Crazies were chanting "We Want Bama" were they supporting Clemson? Bama? Niether? The TigerNet knuckleheads took it as a swipe at the Tigers. I did not.

As for the hating on Dabo because he chewed out a punter for screwing up...all I can tell you is that Dabo is the kind of guy we would want to coach at Duke (meaning he's as respectable as Coach K and Coach Cut).

I think a lot of people would rather clemson win than bama again....but in a game against clemson, your'e not going to pretend to be rooting for them for anything.

weezie
01-07-2019, 03:36 PM

Naaah, not mad. Slight sigh and head shake with a lip folded smile.

But I n-e-v-e-r go out of my way to pull for any other ACC team. They are on their own after the years of vitriol and abuse they've fired on us.

jv001
01-07-2019, 03:36 PM
I think a lot of people would rather clemson win than bama again...but in a game against clemson, your'e not going to pretend to be rooting for them for anything.

My short list of teams that I never root for are: Uncheats, Twerps, UConnvicts, Kentucky mild cats, come to mind. GoDuke!

TruBlu
01-07-2019, 03:39 PM

But I n-e-v-e-r go out of my way to pull for any other ACC team. They are on their own after the years of vitriol and abuse they've fired on us.

Couldn’t agree more. Also, couldn’t spork.

JayZee
01-07-2019, 03:42 PM

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." - Jason Kidd

sagegrouse
01-07-2019, 03:55 PM
That's the difference, when it comes to saying things on the internet some people will talk big, but when it comes to saying those same things to your face, they are cowards. It's the world we live in. GoDuke!

Not exactly, IMHO (where the H disappeared somewhere south of the border. If you speak to a person in real life, you have made a choice, implicit or explicit, that you want to have a conversation or at least make or countenance a remark. On the internet, comments are dominated by about one percent of the population, people with whom you would never strike up a face-to-face conversation. It's not just the medium -- it's the participants.

DukieInKansas
01-07-2019, 03:58 PM

Out of curiousity - how do you think he should have handled the failed drug tests? (I assume this is what you are talking about when you say "drug busts" or did I miss a story?)

As far as I can tell, he told the players of the failed tests, the players said they didn't take anything intentionally, the players were suspended, the B test also came back positive so the players remain suspended, they are investigating to see if they can find the source that caused the positive drug tests. I assume the investigation would include talking to all fo the staff for any possibility they are the source. I would think this would be a pretty standard response by a coach/athletic department when a player failed a drug test and claimed they didn't take anything intentionally.

Green Wave Dukie
01-07-2019, 04:00 PM

To a certain degree, I agree with you.

arnie
01-07-2019, 04:06 PM
You two guys don't understand Dabo. His players love him, including that punter. They were fine after two minutes. Why are you still worried about it years later? While he and Cut are very very different personalities, there is probably no one who is as much like Cut in life principles as Dabo. You're just as guilty as the Duke haters who see Coach K on TV and decide that based on what they see on TV...they hate him.

The berating lasted half the game; doubt punter and family that watched were fine in 2 minutes. Never seen K do that.

If I’m guilty of hate: OK then. I still don’t like him nor think he’s as honest as his facade. We shall see once the drug issues surface. IMO, fake equivalency to Cut.

Acymetric
01-07-2019, 04:07 PM
yes?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/03/dexter-lawrence-two-other-clemson-players-suspended-national-title-game/?utm_term=.1da94163d85c

Well that's a different topic entirely...but seriously, "drug busts?"

That isn't how the term "drug bust" is generally used, it has...different connotations than "tested positive for PEDs". If I didn't already know about the Clemson players testing positive, I would probably have never guessed that's what happened if someone told me there had been a Clemson "drug bust". I probably would have assumed police were involved and arrests were made. I think he's just pointing out that you used a mildly inaccurate and maximally inflammatory description of what happened, and while I'm sure it wasn't intentional it wasn't a good choice in wording. I'm also not exactly sure what was wrong with the way Dabo handled the situation.

As far as the topic of the thread, I'll echo what several others have said, that you probably shouldn't base your opinion on reactions from a single message board, especially as an unknown poster fresh off a loss. Even if you presented as "polite" it could easily be interpreted as trolling. If you want to do something like that, you are better off introducing yourself before the game so it doesn't come off as gloating.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 04:07 PM

And yet, when they lose, it (often) hurts the conference, and that hurts Duke. (We're not gonna have the K card forever). I fully understand the anger - the angriest I ever was - is when the RBC Center (NCSU) hosted first two rounds of the NCAAT - and Duke was there. I think it was a JJ Redick team, not sure. Lot of State folks in the arena because they were hosting....and their obnoxious hating on Duke infuriated me. I told one of them "Jimmy V would be ashamed of you. He would be pulling hard for K and Duke."

That said, I can hate the fan bases of these teams, while keeping an eye on the ball of the bigger picture. That could be because I was raised in a Duke/UNC split family....and had first cousins who were split UNC/NCSU. I was able to see the great David Thompson teams in Reynolds. In 92, a huge heels fan, one of my cousins, watched the Laettner game with me - and he pulled for Duke almost as hard as I did. We tortured each other during the Duke Heels games....but not against Kentucky.

And let me assure you, going by the national fan forums, fan bases hate Duke from all over the country just as much as the other ACC teams do. WE have now lost the conference pride award to the SEC.......I don't think that helps the conference or any teams in it.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-07-2019, 04:11 PM
The berating lasted half the game; doubt punter and family that watched were fine in 2 minutes. Never seen K do that.

If I’m guilty of hate: OK then. I still don’t like him nor think he’s as honest as his facade. We shall see once the drug issues surface. IMO, fake equivalency to Cut.

Yeah, I've heard Coach K can be a real peach in the locker room... but to your point, about Dabo's true honesty - I've no idea and no inside info. But to assume he's not as honest...I mean, based on what exactly? And as another poster asked, how would you have wanted him to handle the PED situation? And do you think it's impossible that a false positive occurred?

uh_no
01-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Out of curiousity - how do you think he should have handled the failed drug tests? (I assume this is what you are talking about when you say "drug busts" or did I miss a story?)

As far as I can tell, he told the players of the failed tests, the players said they didn't take anything intentionally, the players were suspended, the B test also came back positive so the players remain suspended, they are investigating to see if they can find the source that caused the positive drug tests. I assume the investigation would include talking to all fo the staff for any possibility they are the source. I would think this would be a pretty standard response by a coach/athletic department when a player failed a drug test and claimed they didn't take anything intentionally.

“This particular substance can come from anything, and these three particular players have no clue,” Swinney said. “In fact, they thought it was a joke when I called them.”

PED use in bigtime college programs might be one of the more worsely kept secrets in college sports, after maybe agents paying players and families, and UNC cheating. So in my mind there are two possible dabo swinneys, the one that wants to keep his head in the sand about PED use, and the one who is actually outraged that there is PED use on his team. How do they act?

head-in-the-swinney: "These are completely good kids, they thought it was a joke. Anyway, next topic, the game!"
Actually cares about PED use swinney: "PED use in my program is unacceptable. Players who are found to have intentionally taken something banned have no place on my team. The boys on my team are responsible for what they put in their bodies, regardless of intent, and we will work more carefully with our players moving forward to ensure they understand the risks of what they consume"

It's about the culture. At clemson, you know that Dabo's got your back if you're caught taking banned drugs. That's the wrong message to send.

Acymetric
01-07-2019, 04:32 PM
“This particular substance can come from anything, and these three particular players have no clue,” Swinney said. “In fact, they thought it was a joke when I called them.”

PED use in bigtime college programs might be one of the more worsely kept secrets in college sports, after maybe agents paying players and families, and UNC cheating. So in my mind there are two possible dabo swinneys, the one that wants to keep his head in the sand about PED use, and the one who is actually outraged that there is PED use on his team. How do they act?

head-in-the-swinney: "These are completely good kids, they thought it was a joke. Anyway, next topic, the game!"
Actually cares about PED use swinney: "PED use in my program is unacceptable. Players who are found to have intentionally taken something banned have no place on my team. The boys on my team are responsible for what they put in their bodies, regardless of intent, and we will work more carefully with our players moving forward to ensure they understand the risks of what they consume"

It's about the culture. At clemson, you know that Dabo's got your back if you're caught taking banned drugs. That's the wrong message to send.

What about the third possible Swinney: the one that knows his players tested positive but also knows/believes that they did not intentionally take a banned substance? It isn't like he is denying that the tests were legit, just that the players knowingly took it. Seems like you're just going out of your way to justify not liking Clemson/Dabo to me, your insistence at spinning everything in the worst possible light comes off as pretty bad faith. You are sounding more like someone with an axe to grind than someone concerned about PED use at Clemson.

wavedukefan70s
01-07-2019, 04:37 PM

I wish I had that filter.i could have been a few positions higher at work.but I'm told I'm entertaining and missed when I'm off.

devildeac
01-07-2019, 04:47 PM
My short list of teams that I never root for are: Uncheats, Twerps, UConnvicts, Kentucky mild cats, come to mind. GoDuke!

What we need then is a 4 team pre-season tourney (post-season CBI works for me, too :p) with a giant fissure developing in earth's crust that swallows all 4 teams, carrying them all to Hades. Problem/s solved. :o

devildeac
01-07-2019, 04:50 PM

"...And he'll go to the grave as an angry old man."

jv001
01-07-2019, 04:50 PM
And yet, when they lose, it (often) hurts the conference, and that hurts Duke. (We're not gonna have the K card forever). I fully understand the anger - the angriest I ever was - is when the RBC Center (NCSU) hosted first two rounds of the NCAAT - and Duke was there. I think it was a JJ Redick team, not sure. Lot of State folks in the arena because they were hosting...and their obnoxious hating on Duke infuriated me. I told one of them "Jimmy V would be ashamed of you. He would be pulling hard for K and Duke."

That said, I can hate the fan bases of these teams, while keeping an eye on the ball of the bigger picture. That could be because I was raised in a Duke/UNC split family...and had first cousins who were split UNC/NCSU. I was able to see the great David Thompson teams in Reynolds. In 92, a huge heels fan, one of my cousins, watched the Laettner game with me - and he pulled for Duke almost as hard as I did. We tortured each other during the Duke Heels games...but not against Kentucky.

And let me assure you, going by the national fan forums, fan bases hate Duke from all over the country just as much as the other ACC teams do. WE have now lost the conference pride award to the SEC....I don't think that helps the conference or any teams in it.

My how times have changed. When I was a football player on my high school team, most of my buddies were tarheel fans. But we didn't have the hate that fans of opposing teams do now. I believe most of this change came from the internet and other media sources. I've never hated any player from another team but I have really disliked the school for certain sins. The biggest being the team that called itself The ________ Way. But I don't hate the players that played on those teams. But I sure hate the way the school(I call it a school lightly) for the winning at all costs attitude. Sorry for the rant.:mad: GoDuke!

uh_no
01-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Seems like you're just going out of your way to justify not liking Clemson/Dabo to me, your insistence at spinning everything in the worst possible light comes off as pretty bad faith. You are sounding more like someone with an axe to grind than someone concerned about PED use at Clemson.

You'd be dead wrong.

Acymetric
01-07-2019, 04:53 PM

What we need then is a 4 team pre-season tourney (post-season CBI works for me, too :p) with a giant fissure developing in earth's crust that swallows all 4 teams, carrying them all to Hades. Problem/s solved. :o

I'd be tempted to add Louisville to that list. Not as widely popular as those five here I'm guessing, but (at least now that Amaker is gone) I would also include Michigan in that list, and Notre Dame comes close simply because I dislike their ACC arrangement so much. Definitely in football, maybe less so for Brey's basketball team.

Acymetric
01-07-2019, 04:54 PM
You'd be dead wrong.

I'm just saying that's how you come off with the tone of your posts and the way you're presenting your arguments. You can do with that whatever you will.

UrinalCake
01-07-2019, 07:12 PM
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." - Jason Kidd

In scripture, Zion is described as being surrounded by a company of angles.

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 07:15 PM
In scripture, Zion is described as being surrounded by a company of angles.

Are they acute?

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 07:16 PM
Are they acute?

You’re being obtuse. Probably on purpose.

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 07:22 PM
You’re being obtuse. Probably on purpose.

Maybe, but I’m right.

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Maybe, but I’m right.

Nah. You’re off on some tangent.

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Nah. You’re off on some tangent.

I can cosine that.

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 07:40 PM
I can cosine that.

Duke would have beaten Clemson by 30 if they had played zone defense. And by 40 if they had also played the Triangle Offense.

Indoor66
01-08-2019, 08:02 AM
I can cosine that.

If it was football it would be an equi lateral.

devildeac
01-08-2019, 08:07 AM

Still too soon. :mad:

Neals384
01-08-2019, 09:27 AM

LOL. My first ever “You must spread some Comments around before commenting on UrinalCake again.”

BLPOG
01-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Has there been any indication what the substance was? I haven't followed closely. There are quite a few things NCAA athletes can't consume, not because they are specifically PEDs but because they cause false positives or leave markers of other substances used to conceal PEDs.

When I was in school, I think only two flavors of vitaminwater (made by Coca-Cola) were 'licit' under the substance policies.

I think it's correct to say that "drug bust" - absent additional information - is not a fair description.

DukieInKansas
01-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Has there been any indication what the substance was? I haven't followed closely. There are quite a few things NCAA athletes can't consume, not because they are specifically PEDs but because they cause false positives or leave markers of other substances used to conceal PEDs.

When I was in school, I think only two flavors of vitaminwater (made by Coca-Cola) were 'licit' under the substance policies.

I think it's correct to say that "drug bust" - absent additional information - is not a fair description.

It was ostracine, which isn't legal in the US. Apparently it isn't always labeled as this. I believe there was a triathlete that rested positive for this and it was determined that it was in salt tablets she was taking but not labeled as being in it. Her suspension was lifted.

devildeac
01-08-2019, 10:50 AM
It was ostracine, which isn't legal in the US. Apparently it isn't always labeled as this. I believe there was a triathlete that rested positive for this and it was determined that it was in salt tablets she was taking but not labeled as being in it. Her suspension was lifted.

https://www.usada.org/growing-evidence-ostarine-athlete-risk/

First paragraph:

"Ostarine is the trademarked name for a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country. Ostarine is also prohibited at all times under the S1. Anabolic Agent category of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List."

Interesting read.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-08-2019, 10:59 AM

First paragraph:

"Ostarine is the trademarked name for a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country. Ostarine is also prohibited at all times under the S1. Anabolic Agent category of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List."

Interesting read.

Seems to me that there is some kind of blurry line between the proper and aggressive use of supplements and nutrition and so on - versus doping. I don't claim to know how to un-blur that line.

Lar77
01-08-2019, 11:05 AM
I, for one, was pulling for Clemson. I've always found their fans to be good people. Clemson gets a bad rap in SC because they are not USC (sort of like NCSU and the cheats).

On the ostarine, 3 players tested positive on a drug test: 3 players were suspended. Dabo expressed his disbelief, but did not challenge the finding and did not complain (afaik) that Clemson had to play ND and Bama without Dexter Lawrence. I have not seen anywhere that Dabo is not what he seems. He has his players' backs. He seems respectful of his roots and seems to try to do the right thing.

On the 360, Zion said it was only a 7 or 8, so I guess a 540 is in the future?

rasputin
01-08-2019, 11:09 AM

This is really getting protracted.

DukieInKansas
01-08-2019, 11:21 AM

First paragraph:

Interesting read.

Thanks for the link. I knew I should check the spelling becore I posted.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-08-2019, 11:30 AM
I suspect that the Clemson site has a very different tone today.

devildeac
01-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Seems to me that there is some kind of blurry line between the proper and aggressive use of supplements and nutrition and so on - versus doping. I don't claim to know how to un-blur that line.

That, plus, if manufacturers of nutritional supplements are going to mislabel their product or omit certain ingredients, then it becomes even more difficult to discern what is usable and what is illegal.

devildeac
01-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the link. I knew I should check the spelling becore I posted.

Irony.

;)

We're even, anyway because I got the 2018 Duke-Clemson FB score incorrect. :o

devildeac
01-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Maybe, but I’m right.

You may be because you're certainly not acute.

Indoor66
01-08-2019, 12:12 PM

But is good looking.

OldPhiKap
01-08-2019, 12:21 PM
But is good looking.

No one is talking about your but.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-08-2019, 12:44 PM

....you heard the joke about the two old folks getting married....and the reference to "acute angina?" Funniest joke I've ever heard, and I do a killer job telling it too....

devildeac
01-08-2019, 12:50 PM
...you heard the joke about the two old folks getting married...and the reference to "acute angina?" Funniest joke I've ever heard, and I do a killer job telling it too...

I most certainly have(https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=BC21142B2C9F98511663797400A4886F513278DC&thid=OIP.5mX4A2lLJ02wBZa9EPBbzAAAAA&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.ink2.com%2Fpartner%2F americangreetings%2Frgb%2F52x72%2Ff5%2F10%2Fag_008 6_lowres.jpg&exph=432&expw=312&q=acute+angina+joke+photo&selectedindex=3&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6). It also has several variations.