PDA

View Full Version : This Week in the ACC: 1/7-1/13

pfrduke
01-07-2019, 01:36 AM
We're now in conference play in earnest, so this will be the last full update on non-conference records. Virginia Tech is pacing the conference since it's had an extra game; Miami and Notre Dame are bringing up the rear. Conference records as of the start of the week are now also included with the team lines.

Monday is for the gridiron and the CFP championship

Tuesday is an old Big Four affair

[158]Wake Forest (0-1) (+21) hosts [1]Duke (1-0) (7:00, ESPN)
[18]NC State (1-0) (+1) hosts [6]North Carolina (1-0) (9:00, ESPN)

Wednesday

[85]Georgia Tech (1-0) (+8) hosts [8]Virginia Tech (2-0) (7:00, ACCNE)
[32]Syracuse (1-0) (-5) hosts [36]Clemson (0-1) (8:00, ACCNE)
[90]Pittsburgh (0-1) (+1) hosts [37]Louisville (1-0) (8:00, ACCNE)
[104]Boston College (0-1) (+11) hosts [2]Virginia (1-0) (9:00, ESPNU)
[20]Florida State (0-1) (-10) hosts [67]Miami (0-2) (9:00, ACCNE)

Thursday and Friday are dark

Saturday

[36]Clemson (0-1) (+6) hosts [2]Virginia (1-0) (12:00, ACCNE)
[6]North Carolina (1-0) (-11) hosts [37]Louisville (1-0) (12:00, ESPN)
[18]NC State (1-0) (-12) hosts [90]Pittsburgh (0-1) (12:00, ACCNE)
[77]Notre Dame (0-2) (-5) hosts [104]Boston College (0-1) (12:00, ACCNE)
[20]Florida State (0-1) (+7) hosts [1]Duke (1-0) (2:00, ESPN)
[67]Miami (0-2) (-11) hosts [158]Wake Forest (0-1) (2:00, ACCNE)
[32]Syracuse (1-0) (-9) hosts [85]Georgia Tech (1-0) (6:00, ESPN2)

Sunday is dark

ACC Non-Conference: 148-41
ACC vs. Power 5: 29-26

America East: 4-0
American: 3-1
Atlantic-10: 11-2
Atlantic Sun: 9-0
Big XII: 1-3
Big East: 4-6
Big Sky: 1-0
Big South: 6-3
Big Ten: 11-8
Big West: 1-0
Colonial: 7-0
CUSA: 5-1
Horizon: 3-1
Ivy: 6-2
MAAC: 2-1
MAC: 4-1
MEAC: 12-0
MVC: 2-0
MWC: 3-0
Northeast: 9-1
Ohio Valley: 3-0
Pac-12: 3-2
Patriot: 5-0
SEC: 8-7
Southern: 9-0
Southland: 7-1
Sun Belt: 3-0
SWAC: 2-0
WAC: 3-0
WCC: 1-1

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 06:59 AM
Thanks as always for these posts!

State v. Heels should be fun Tuesday. Duke @ FSU Saturday is always tough.

camion
01-07-2019, 07:34 AM
One quirk of scheduling I notice is that this coming weekend Duke and Virginia swap opponents from last weekend.

Indoor66
01-07-2019, 08:02 AM
One quirk of scheduling I notice is that this coming weekend Duke and Virginia swap opponents from last weekend.

And ....?

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 08:09 AM

At least both opponents are home this week, after starting on the road.

brevity
01-07-2019, 08:49 AM

And ...?

If I had to guess, I’d say the schedule is set up as a three-weekend narrative of the marquee ACC matchup.

Act I (January 5): Virginia beats FSU, Duke beats Clemson
Act II (January 12): Virginia faces Clemson, Duke faces FSU
Act III (January 19): Virginia faces Duke

If ESPN plans to promote that Virginia-Duke game (hint: they are), they’ll start building up to it this weekend. I would not be surprised if they used coded language like “early lead” or “inside track” to indicate that the winner of the game has some sort of claim toward an ACC crown.

The projected third-place team might feel insulted by all this. So it’s kind of interesting to see that UNC is completely ignored in this narrative, and that this conference subplot (main plot?) was scheduled right under Swofford’s nose.

CDu
01-07-2019, 09:21 AM
And ...?

He or she said it was simply a quirk of the scheduling. Does there need to be more?

devildeac
01-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Of course, first and foremost:

Let's go Devils!

Secondly, and forever:

9F

Faustus
01-07-2019, 09:27 AM
... Quirks in scheduling... like ESPN for several years now not having Duke and Carolina meeting for the first round til very late in the season (and Feb. is ratings month)...

BandAlum83
01-07-2019, 10:23 AM
He or she said it was simply a quirk of the scheduling. Does there need to be more?

There always needs to be more, bro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBRMiQvpxq8

tbyers11
01-07-2019, 10:32 AM
There always needs to be more, bro!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SIqGRMf3LYc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ETA: Ok, someone (Jason Evans seems to be able to do it on the regular) please tell me how to embed a youtube video and not just provide a link on DBR? The link above is the suggested embed from youtube, and clearly it didn't work. It's messing with my humor flow!

Don't embed. Just copy the link from the YouTube page into the prompt that pops up when you select the Insert Video icon above.

Took me awhile to figure that out awhile back. Embed seems more intuitive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIqGRMf3LYc

PackMan97
01-07-2019, 11:42 AM
I would give you guys a little bit of how I feel about the Cheaters Supreme over in Chapel Hill as my Univeristy happens to play them on Tuesday, but the mods have assured me that I would get banned for doing so. NC State is far from perfect and has done it's share of rule breaking over the years, but at the very least we have taken our punishment and worked to change the culture each time.

I am allowed to say, "9f".

ncexnyc
01-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Mr. Vitale was catching some well deserved flack for his work the other night, but my biggest complaint was how both he and his partner shortchanged State vs UNC on Tuesday. They rambled about several other upcoming games especially Duke vs FSU and even Duke vs Wake, but what on paper should be a marquee game(State vs UNC) got no mention at all.

DarkstarWahoo
01-07-2019, 01:11 PM
I'm not positive Chapel Hill is the favorite for the third spot. Holding my nose, I think I would take the Hokies over them at this point*, at least until UNC figures out what it wants to be and/or solidifies the point guard spot.

*UNC still has the higher ceiling. They can win a national title, and I don't think VT can. But I think the Hokies are more likely to finish third as of now.

Troublemaker
01-07-2019, 01:16 PM
I'm not positive Chapel Hill is the favorite for the third spot. Holding my nose, I think I would take the Hokies over them at this point*, at least until UNC figures out what it wants to be and/or solidifies the point guard spot.

*UNC still has the higher ceiling. They can win a national title, and I don't think VT can. But I think the Hokies are more likely to finish third as of now.

UNC enjoys a favorable ACC schedule this season, though. For example, in kenpom, despite UVA being over 4 points of efficiency margin better than UNC -- which is a significant advantage -- the two teams are projected to have the same ACC record. (Part of that, I believe, is also UVA having a challenging schedule.)

CDu
01-07-2019, 01:53 PM
UNC enjoys a favorable ACC schedule this season, though. For example, in kenpom, despite UVA being over 4 points of efficiency margin better than UNC -- which is a significant advantage -- the two teams are projected to have the same ACC record. (Part of that, I believe, is also UVA having a challenging schedule.)

Interestingly, Bart Torvik predicts UVa to go 15-3 in conference, with UNC going 13-5. My guess is that KenPom gives UNC a slightly better chance of winning at home against UVa in their only matchup of the season, whereas Torvik gives UVa the edge still. Perhaps that slight difference is enough to bump UNC's aggregate expectation to 14-4, and to bump UVa's down to 14-4.

Torvik also expects us to go 15-3. Va Tech is predicted to finish 12-6.

JasonEvans
01-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Interestingly, Bart Torvik predicts UVa to go 15-3 in conference, with UNC going 13-5. My guess is that KenPom gives UNC a slightly better chance of winning at home against UVa in their only matchup of the season, whereas Torvik gives UVa the edge still. Perhaps that slight difference is enough to bump UNC's aggregate expectation to 14-4, and to bump UVa's down to 14-4.

Torvik also expects us to go 15-3. Va Tech is predicted to finish 12-6.

Given a very favorable ACC schedule, I think NC State is a real contender. T-rank says NCST has the easiest schedule in the conference (UNC is 3rd toughest, Duke is 12th toughest, Virginia is 8th).

PackMan97
01-07-2019, 07:51 PM
We will know more after Tuesday. State can have the easiest schedule in the works,but they have to still win the games.

...and yes,State has an exceptionally favorable ACC schedule this year.

devildeac
01-07-2019, 08:31 PM
We will know more after Tuesday. State can have the easiest schedule in the works,but they have to still win the games.

...and yes,State has an exceptionally favorable ACC schedule this year.

Umpossible. How could swofford have allowed that to happen? ;)

DarkstarWahoo
01-08-2019, 09:28 AM

Hokies have a relatively soft schedule, too. Double opponents are UVA (as always), GT, ND and Miami. Outside of the Hoos, nothing intimidating there. They get you guys at home. They do have tough roadies at FSU, UNC and State.

Also, for the record, I am not attempting to minimize any success on anyone's part by complaining about schedules. No one in the ACC has an easy road.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Also, for the record, I am not attempting to minimize any success on anyone's part by complaining about schedules. No one in the ACC has an easy road.

No one has easy road, but some have EASIER roads, and with no grading curve on the W/L records, the unbalanced schedule in my mind somewhat mitigates the reg season title. I mean, it's still an accomplishment, a big one, but it is not nearly the measure of relative strengths it used to be. Bottom line is: with UVa for example......spare me the talk about ACC titles (Reg or Tourney) - until you do something on the national stage.

PackMan97
01-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Umpossible. How could swofford have allowed that to happen? ;)

He's realized the Keatts is a winner and if he gives State an easy schedule now (when UVa and Duke are really strong) they have less of a chance of winning the ACC in the future since he can really give us tougher schedules later....after all remember in '18-19 State has the easiest schedule, so no favoritism.

Don't worry, this is all part of Swofford's master plan to screw NC State. I just know it!

jv001
01-08-2019, 10:08 AM
He's realized the Keatts is a winner and if he gives State an easy schedule now (when UVa and Duke are really strong) they have less of a chance of winning the ACC in the future since he can really give us tougher schedules later...after all remember in '18-19 State has the easiest schedule, so no favoritism.

Don't worry, this is all part of Swofford's master plan to screw NC State. I just know it!

I see, "the grassy knoll theory". You may be on to something. :cool: I wouldn't trust Swofford in an out house with a muzzle on. GoDuke!

HereBeforeCoachK
01-08-2019, 11:01 AM
I see, "the grassy knoll theory". You may be on to something. :cool: I wouldn't trust Swofford in an out house with a muzzle on. GoDuke!

...so my question is, where/who is the second shooter?

Wahoo2000
01-08-2019, 10:53 PM
No one has easy road, but some have EASIER roads, and with no grading curve on the W/L records, the unbalanced schedule in my mind somewhat mitigates the reg season title. I mean, it's still an accomplishment, a big one, but it is not nearly the measure of relative strengths it used to be. Bottom line is: with UVa for example...spare me the talk about ACC titles (Reg or Tourney) - until you do something on the national stage.

With all due respect, why in the world would anyone NOT celebrate ACC titles just because they've come up short in the NCAAs? Seems crazy, especially since the regular season is a better barometer of how good a team is (sample size and all) than the tourney?

To be clear, I'm not saying the tournament isn't the best way to crown a champ, just that it's not really a good measure of the overall quality of a team. (that and I have no idea why we SHOULDN'T be allowed to celebrate ACC titles without NCAA success)

devildeac
01-08-2019, 11:00 PM
It looks like there'll need to be a lot of dirty/soiled laundry done at the PNC joint tonight, including uniforms, sheets, linens and other domestic cotton/polyester products. Way to go, Pack. :mad:

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-08-2019, 11:09 PM
It looks like there'll need to be a lot of dirty/soiled laundry done at the PNC joint tonight, including uniforms, sheets, linens and other domestic cotton/polyester products. Way to go, Pack. :mad:
How many times did they get within 1 or 2 and then forget how to play basketball? Awful awful awful.

ChrisP
01-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Man, State's guards STINK. We are so blessed to have the level of players we do. The Pack guards acted like they were in a dribbling contest for about the last 10 minutes - no passing, no nothing. Except bad shots after pounding the hardwood for about 25 consecutive seconds

brevity
01-08-2019, 11:14 PM

How many times did they get within 1 or 2 and then forget how to play basketball? Awful awful awful.

Man, State's guards STINK. We are so blessed to have the level of players we do. The Pack guards acted like they were in a dribbling contest for about the last 10 minutes - no passing, no nothing. Except bad shots after pounding the hardwood for about 25 consecutive seconds

Don’t worry. NC State will figure it all out on February 16, when they travel to Durham and play the game of their lives.

arnie
01-09-2019, 06:49 AM
Ole Roy owns the Pack - hard to understand how State is only 4-29 against him. Have they repainted PNC with a light blue hue😡?

HereBeforeCoachK
01-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Don’t worry. NC State will figure it all out on February 16, when they travel to Durham and play the game of their lives.

Yeah, I've seen that movie before......

Truth&Justise
01-09-2019, 10:41 AM
On the frontpage JD King had this to say in his State-UNC roundup:

By the way, if you didn’t see the game, find it or find highlights somewhere and look up the 360 Johnson pulled off. It was dazzling. In fact, we’d rate it higher than Zion Williamson’s 360 against Clemson if only because Johnson’s was in traffic and incredibly quick. Zion was in the open court for his.

I think he's talking about Markell Johnson, not Cam Johnson. Either way, I haven't seen a the clip in any of the highlights. Can anyone find that play?

UrinalCake
01-09-2019, 10:54 AM
I think he's talking about Markell Johnson, not Cam Johnson. Either way, I haven't seen a the clip in any of the highlights. Can anyone find that play?

It happened in garbage time, on their last possession when they were down by 8 or 10 with a few seconds left. Cool play but completely meaningless.

State was having success getting to the rim the whole first half. Then with 10 minutes left they just decided to instead start chucking up contested threes. It was infuriating. Also UNC turns the ball over a ton, Tre is going to have a field day against their nonexistent point guard.

Truth&Justise
01-09-2019, 11:01 AM
It happened in garbage time, on their last possession when they were down by 8 or 10 with a few seconds left. Cool play but completely meaningless.

State was having success getting to the rim the whole first half. Then with 10 minutes left they just decided to instead start chucking up contested threes. It was infuriating. Also UNC turns the ball over a ton, Tre is going to have a field day against their nonexistent point guard.

Ah ok, I found it. It was a 360, but it was a layup from below the rim. Not sure why JD was more impressed by that than Zion's dunk.

CDu
01-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Yeah, this is a very bad setup for UNC against us. They aren't terribly athletic, AND they only have a couple of guys who can dribble.

If they can get up shots, they stand a chance, because (a) they can shoot 3s well and (b) they offensive rebound a lot. But I can't imagine a scenario in which they don't turn it over a TON. Coby White and Seventh Woods might be the only guys who can dribble more than once in any traffic, and both of those two turn it over a bunch too.

If they can get into the frontcourt consistently, they stand a shooter's/rebounder's chance. But that's a big if considering they are turnover-prone and we force a ton of turnovers.

PackMan97
01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
I'd make a comment about the game, but I didn't watch it. I don't watch cheaters.

9f until the end of time.

Indoor66
01-09-2019, 12:32 PM

Only that long?

rasputin
01-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Only that long?

What, are you praying for the end of time to hurry up and arrive?

arnie
01-09-2019, 03:09 PM
I'd make a comment about the game, but I didn't watch it. I don't watch cheaters.

Bet you’d watch if a little birdie told you the Pack’s up 10 with a minute left.

PackMan97
01-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Bet you’d watch if a little birdie told you the Pack’s up 10 with a minute left.

Nope. Though I might be convinced to watch a replay after the fact.

BandAlum83
01-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Ah ok, I found it. It was a 360, but it was a layup from below the rim. Not sure why JD was more impressed by that than Zion's dunk.

It was a creative, effective and organic spin move in traffic with a great finish. At the time, I thought it was top plays of the day worthy.

DarkstarWahoo
01-10-2019, 09:10 AM
I completely understand if you guys didn't watch UVA-BC last night. Hell, most of the BC fans appear to have made the same decision. And the UVA defense wasn't at its best for most of the night. But man, I think we got a glimpse of UVA's ceiling last night the way Braxton Key and Mamadi Diakite are playing, particularly on the offensive end. If UVA can truly compete for a Final Four, the lineup with those two, Jerome, Guy and Hunter is what's going to get them there.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-10-2019, 09:17 AM
I completely understand if you guys didn't watch UVA-BC last night. Hell, most of the BC fans appear to have made the same decision.

Vis a vis the BC fans not showing up? I just started a post on that dynamic and road games....

Bob Green
01-12-2019, 12:10 PM
G-Man providing the analysis in the Virginia - Clemson game. I enjoy listening to him.

House G
01-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Wow, I really like watching Virginia play D.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 12:43 PM
L'ville up 15 on the Heels late first half in the Myth Center? Didn't see that one coming.

mattyoung18
01-12-2019, 12:44 PM
I really like this Louisville team with a new coach.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 01:19 PM
I really like this Louisville team with a new coach.

They look great today, but a couple days ago, the superior team with the new coach was Pitt.....

53n206
01-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Virginia scares the hell out of me. Superior defense and really good scoring. Going to be really tough.

mattyoung18
01-12-2019, 01:39 PM
I love this heel team.Very impressive turning the ball over.Roy needs to rip a jacket.

Ggallagher
01-12-2019, 01:45 PM
You think the heel fans enjoy listening to Jay talk about Duke players - hope so :)

House G
01-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Is this lead too big for the Carolina end-of-the-game foulathon? I doubt it.

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-12-2019, 01:54 PM
At least Little is getting valuable garbage time.

mattyoung18
01-12-2019, 01:55 PM
This heel team is going to major in turnovers.I love it!

Bob Green
01-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Jay Huff (7'1" 230) played great for Virginia in the 2nd half after Jack Salt picked up his 3rd foul. Huff scored 11 points and grabbed 7 rebounds. Huff is from Durham.

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-12-2019, 02:06 PM
When was the last time ESPN cut away from a heels game to show the start of a Duke game? Or any game for that matter? Haha!

TruBlu
01-12-2019, 02:28 PM
And unc will be the top ranked 4 loss team next week. Poised to be a #1 seed in the easiest bracket. Right on schedule.

Tripping William
01-12-2019, 02:41 PM
When was the last time ESPN cut away from a heels game to show the start of a Duke game? Or any game for that matter? Haha!

Largest Heel home loss since 2002. Yep, *that* year.

devildeac
01-12-2019, 03:09 PM
cheats looked good

sagegrouse
01-12-2019, 04:38 PM
Some Dukie getting a key assignment at ESPN -- in charge of chyrons for today's telecast: "North Carolina stomped at home by Louisville, 83-62."

kmspeaks
01-12-2019, 05:37 PM
So Wyatt Walker (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/acc/2019/01/12/north-carolina-state-player-wyatt-walker-ejected-tripping-pittsburgh-player/2558587002/) will be trending on Twitter, the lead story on Sportscenter, front page news for weeks, and he'll get a camera dedicated to him at NC State's next game right?

Wahoo2000
01-12-2019, 05:41 PM
So Wyatt Walker (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/acc/2019/01/12/north-carolina-state-player-wyatt-walker-ejected-tripping-pittsburgh-player/2558587002/) will be trending on Twitter, the lead story on Sportscenter, front page news for weeks, and he'll get a camera dedicated to him at NC State's next game right?

Duke just gets 15x the coverage of most other teams in college BBall. Applies to both the "good" and the "bad". ESPN particularly, has proved that it's not about journalism, it's about business, and whatever gets the most eyes/clicks is what they'll run with. Over the last 5-4 years especially, that's Duke..... EVERYTHING.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Duke just gets 15x the coverage of most other teams in college BBall. Applies to both the "good" and the "bad". ESPN particularly, has proved that it's not about journalism, it's about business, and whatever gets the most eyes/clicks is what they'll run with. Over the last 5-4 years especially, that's Duke.... EVERYTHING.

And their transparent strategy is to give Duke a lot of un-biased news coverage (just the facts ma'am) , and allow a lot of negative Duke opinion on air at the same time. It's despicable. Too bad it works.

-jk
01-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Duke just gets 15x the coverage of most other teams in college BBall. Applies to both the "good" and the "bad". ESPN particularly, has proved that it's not about journalism, it's about business, and whatever gets the most eyes/clicks is what they'll run with. Over the last 5-4 years especially, that's Duke... EVERYTHING.

Never forget the "E" stands for "Entertainment". Sports has always been - by design - an afterthought for their programming.

-jk

OldPhiKap
01-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Roy, on his team’s lack of toughness:

Roy, do you think this is a team that needs to shoot pretty well in order to win?

"I think that's, we haven't shot, I'll use your term. We haven't shot past pretty well all frickin' year, and we've won some games, but if you think that you can only win when you shoot the ball, then you're not very tough, and that really ticks me off. You've got to be able to win basketball games ugly. We've won hundreds of basketball games ugly. It's just acting like a pansy and thinking, 'Oh my shot's not going in,' and if that's the case go find your mama and hug her."

AGDukesky
01-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Roy, on his team’s lack of toughness:

Says the guy who had his scholarship players go to the locker room early to avoid a court storming...

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Roy, is there one area of concern that stands out more than others today?

"Basketball. I'm not too concerned about what the hell they eat or anything like that, but basketball is a big concern right now."

richardjackson199
01-12-2019, 09:50 PM
Roy, is there one area of concern that stands out more than others today?

"Basketball. I'm not too concerned about what the hell they eat or anything like that, but basketball is a big concern right now."

Yep. Hilarious in places as always after a loss. At the end Roy compared himself to Belichick with his short answers:

Roy Williams post-Louisville presser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VFUMeZybI

devildeac
01-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Yep. Hilarious in places as always after a loss. At the end Roy compared himself to Belichick with his short answers:

Roy Williams post-Louisville presser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VFUMeZybI

I'm not gonna watch that complicit, lyin', connivin', SOB/clown but that comparison *certainly* has to revolve around cheating. Amiright? :mad::rolleyes:

richardjackson199
01-12-2019, 10:14 PM
I'm not gonna watch that complicit, lyin', connivin', SOB/clown but that comparison *certainly* has to revolve around cheating. Amiright? :mad::rolleyes:

Haha that's def one thing Roy and Bill have in common. Except Roy is even better at getting away with it.

cheaters looked good

Dr. Rosenrosen
01-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Sportscenter showed the hole fans leaving the myth center early. #Satisfying

Troublemaker
01-13-2019, 08:58 AM

The Wyatt Walker is but a legend, and old wives' tale. If NCSU wants to seige Castle Cameron on Feb 16th, they'll have to bring more than stories of Wyatt Walkers and dragons and what-have-you. Duke will do everything in our power to protect "Our House" and to improve our house's standing in the world. Besides, we have enough Javinglass to deal with the Wyatt Walker if he exists. I, Ser Trouble of Maker, guarantee it.

DarkstarWahoo
01-13-2019, 03:48 PM
The Wyatt Walker is but a legend, and old wives' tale. If NCSU wants to seige Castle Cameron on Feb 16th, they'll have to bring more than stories of Wyatt Walkers and dragons and what-have-you. Duke will do everything in our power to protect "Our House" and to improve our house's standing in the world. Besides, we have enough Javinglass to deal with the Wyatt Walker if he exists. I, Ser Trouble of Maker, guarantee it.

I tried to spork this, but it says I need to spread it around. So I’ll just ask in front of everyone: When’s the next book coming, George R.R.?

PackMan97
01-13-2019, 04:14 PM
Gah! While I'm glad UNC lost....why can't they lay an egg against State? /sigh

Walker...lolz!

curtis325
01-13-2019, 07:10 PM
Gah! While I'm glad UNC lost...why can't they lay an egg against State? /sigh

Walker...lolz!

The real question is : Why can't State avoid laying an egg against UNCheat?

MChambers
01-13-2019, 07:37 PM
I loved Ed Hardin’s description of the UNC loss and the reaction of the crowd at the Dean Dome:

“The best play Carolina ran all day was a perfect pick and roll from walk-on Caleb Ellis to Wes Miller’s brother Walker, who dunked the ball in the final seconds, getting a mock cheer from the crowd, much of it walking up the aisles, headed for bread and milk.

Or wine and cheese.”

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/accxtra/ed-hardin-heels-go-soft-in-stunning-home-loss-to/article_012f1f8c-16aa-11e9-aaf5-9fb31404ef98.html

PackMan97
01-13-2019, 10:11 PM

I saw the replay, it looked like a good basketball play to me. The Pitt player knocked down Walker, and Walker thought he was offering his leg to help him get up. The Pitt player then took a dive to draw a foul. Exceptionally bad play on Pitt's part. Of course, the refs have it in for State, so they eject Walker. Not surprising. I'm sure Swofford was smiling in whatever hole he lives in.

highlight below to see how I really feel.
With a more serious tone...good call and worthy of an ejection in my book.

With regards to Carolina getting rolled by the Cards...it is likely a letdown after an emotional big win.