PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Clemson (Jan 5, 2019)

JBDuke
01-05-2019, 10:07 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Clemson tonight?

bbosbbos
01-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Zion

Bob Green
01-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Tre Jones earns my vote with his 9 assists, 0 turnovers performance.

JBDuke
01-05-2019, 10:12 PM
I'm going with Jack. During the first 15 minutes, when everyone else was shooting cold, Jack's 3's kept us even with Clemson. And he still played his excellent all-around game with good rebounding and defense and communication. During the second half, the rust was shaken off by the others, so Jack didn't need to shoot as much.

curtis325
01-05-2019, 10:13 PM
I'm a Zionist.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-05-2019, 10:13 PM
I'm going with Jack. During the first 15 minutes, when everyone else was shooting cold, Jack's 3's kept us even with Clemson. And he still played his excellent all-around game with good rebounding and defense and communication. During the second half, the rust was shaken off by the others, so Jack didn't need to shoot as much.

I'm going with Jack too....because Zion will win it, but Jack got em started.....who knows what happens without Jack's run.....but hey, a vote for Tre or Zion is awesome too.

JBDuke
01-05-2019, 10:15 PM
I'm going with Jack too...because Zion will win it, but Jack got em started....who knows what happens without Jack's run....but hey, a vote for Tre or Zion is awesome too.

Yeah, I have no quibbles with anyone who voted for Tre or Zion. Heck, you could make a case for Marques, who had a very good game, and helped Jack in the first half with a few baskets.

devildeac
01-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Mt. Zion for me but Jack and Tre played really well, too. And poor Bolden puts up 11/5 with a steal and a block and will be "forgotten."

SavDukeGrad
01-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Had to vote for Zion, but Jack kept us in it in the first half with his shooting.

HereBeforeCoachK
01-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Mt. Zion for me but Jack and Tre played really well, too. And poor Bolden puts up 11/5 with a steal and a block and will be "forgotten."

I was thinking that MB was fourth tonight....but K won't forget what he did.....Im betting some really nice words for Tre, Jack and Ques in K's post game presser.

TNTDevil
01-05-2019, 10:29 PM
I'm going with Jack too...because Zion will win it, but Jack got em started...who knows what happens without Jack's run...but hey, a vote for Tre or Zion is awesome too.Who knows what happens without Jack's all-around "glue", that seems to make this team work?

I kinda suspect that teams are still seriously underestimating Mr. White. Possibly because they're more interested/focused on taking a super-frosh scalp. Then, next thing they know...you got all kinds of Aussie trouble.

lotusland
01-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Jack is amazingly consistent by Zion is just amazing.

TNTDevil
01-05-2019, 10:35 PM

I was thinking that MB was fourth tonight...but K won't forget what he did...Im betting some really nice words for Tre, Jack and Ques in K's post game presser.Word.

I'd normally vote for the long-shot. And maybe my vote for JW qualifies.

I didn't vote for Tre simply because he's just Tre. As my daughter says: "I feel safe when he's got the ball. He's the one I trust." I know that may not be fair but, I put MOTM votes on who I deem instrumental to the win. Tre doing what he does.

What's exciting is thinking about when all these cylinders are firing in tune.

Saratoga2
01-05-2019, 10:39 PM
i voted for Zion who was just incredible but both Tre and Jack had exceptional games. Tre had 10 pts., 9 assists and no turnovers plus he had steal. Jack's defense rebounding and hitting 4 threes was noteable.

Ggallagher
01-05-2019, 10:47 PM
Zion was Zion, and that's the greatest compliment I can think of for him. But I had to vote for Jack. He kept things under control in the first half with his consistent great offensive and defensive contributions.
Zion was unreal though.

AZLA
01-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Zion's blocks, including the one dubbed, "that was an awesome goal tend," put him over the top in addition to that x-button 360. Did anyone else jump out of their seat when he first got the steal? Tre's on-ball defense was excellent; close 2nd. And Jack was the spark that got the outside shooting rolling. His rebounding was great too. I can't wait for the day when Cam gets hot and we can vote him P.O.G. I hope that day comes soon. He had good energy in the second half.

Bull City Proud
01-06-2019, 12:21 AM
Zion

OZZIE4DUKE
01-06-2019, 12:35 AM
Zion. http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif Tre played great, Jack got us going in the first half, but Zion is unbelievable!http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

jacone21
01-06-2019, 12:49 AM
Zion's blocks, including the one dubbed, "that was an awesome goal tend," put him over the top in addition to that x-button 360. Did anyone else jump out of their seat when he first got the steal? Tre's on-ball defense was excellent; close 2nd. And Jack was the spark that got the outside shooting rolling. His rebounding was great too. I can't wait for the day when Cam gets hot and we can vote him P.O.G. I hope that day comes soon. He had good energy in the second half.

Y'all remember when people started calling Corey Maggette, Uh-Oh-Maggettio? That was because when he got a steal or a run out, everyone would go, "Uh Oh!" in anticipation.

That's what I've caught myself doing when Zion gets a free run at the basket. "Uh Oh!"

BigWayne
01-06-2019, 04:08 AM

Bolden's presence on defense was significant also. Early on, Thomas from Clemson was hurting us with traditional big man moves. Not so much after Bolden came in.

jv001
01-06-2019, 06:49 AM
I voted for Big Z but could have easily voted for Jack or Tre. Marques played really well and helped us out in the first half. Good to have Javin and Marques because it seems when is not playing so well, the other steps up.. Good win and now let's take care of business against Wake. GoDuke!

Neals384
01-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Please explain vote for Vrank. Why is he missing layups when he's all alone under the basket?

OZZIE4DUKE
01-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Please explain vote for Vrank. Why is he missing layups when he's all alone under the basket?
Wasn’t me, but I long for the game when I can vote for a fellow Pine Crest alum!

HereBeforeCoachK
01-06-2019, 08:34 AM

I can't explain a vote for Vrank......although the lay up he hit won the O/U bet for me (after losing two of those earlier yesterday by a point).

As for why he's missing lay ups? He's not a leaper, and he appears intimidated by getting his shot blocked....to my eye.

DukieInBrasil
01-06-2019, 09:42 AM
I went with Zion b/c he was solid from start to finish.
Tre was a very close second, but he was very quiet for the first 5-10 minutes

OldPhiKap
01-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Per Duke Tweet:

Most CAREER 7+ Assist/0 TO Games (Duke History)
1. @Tre3Jones: 4
1. @steve_wojo: 4
1. @BobbyHurley11: 4
1. Tommy Amaker: 4

Tre Stones has played 13 games at Duke.

10 points, 9 dimes tonight.

The other three played here for four years.

Pebbles gets my vote. Jack second.

(Zion is too off the charts; he ruins the curve for mere mortals)

azzefkram
01-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Went with Tre for the assists, lack of TOs and shutting down Mitchell. Can't argue with anyone who picked Zion, Jack or Marques.

NSDukeFan
01-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Per Duke Tweet:

The other three played here for four years.

Pebbles gets my vote. Jack second.

(Zion is too off the charts; he ruins the curve for mere mortals)

That stat is ridiculous. I also agree with whoever up thread mentioned that their daughter feels comfortable when the ball is in Tre’s hands.

Bob Green
01-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Tre Jones leads the ACC in Assist/Turnover Ratio at 5.8:

http://www.theacc.com/stats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2018

13 games/76 assists/13 turnovers

T.J. Gibbs (Notre Dame) is second at 3.4 and Ty Jerome (Virginia) is third at 2.9.

killerleft
01-06-2019, 02:20 PM
I went with Zion b/c he was solid from start to finish.
Tre was a very close second, but he was very quiet for the first 5-10 minutes

Tre always plays defense.

gep
01-06-2019, 09:49 PM
That stat is ridiculous. I also agree with whoever up thread mentioned that their daughter feels comfortable when the ball is in Tre’s hands.

YES... me too!!!

Tre always plays defense.

That's why he got my vote...

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Keep sayin' it We're nothin' without Jack White.
Love, Ima