PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Wake game Tuesday?

Devilwin
01-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone is going to the game in Winston Salem. My son and I are going with the wives.

Tripping William
01-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Just wondering if anyone is going to the game in Winston Salem. My son and I are going with the wives.

Will be there with bells on.

happydays1949
01-06-2019, 09:32 AM
We'll be there!!!

kshepinthehouse
01-06-2019, 09:32 AM
I was supposed to go but my wife bought Justin Timberlake concert tickets about a year ago and they just so happen to fall on the same date. Uggghhhh

budwom
01-06-2019, 09:39 AM
If anyone has extra room in his or her car, they could give Danny Manning a ride out of town post game and do the locals a big favor.

Tripping William
01-06-2019, 09:47 AM
If anyone has extra room in his or her car, they could give Danny Manning a ride out of town post game and do the locals a big favor.

Not really because, post-Skip (May he RIP), there is no Plan E

uh_no
01-06-2019, 10:36 AM
I was supposed to go but my wife bought Justin Timberlake concert tickets about a year ago and they just so happen to fall on the same date. Uggghhhh

hopefully the devils can...BRING IT ON DOWN TO DEAMONVILLE

mattman91
01-06-2019, 11:28 AM
I'll be there with my fiancee and my parents:D

subzero02
01-06-2019, 11:44 AM

Cry me a river...

flyingdutchdevil
01-06-2019, 11:49 AM
hopefully the devils can...BRING IT ON DOWN TO DEAMONVILLE

A group of 6 year olds can ‘bring it on down to deamonville’ and win.

The question is not whether Manning gets canned, it’s ‘which month’?

Indoor66
01-06-2019, 12:36 PM

Priorities. Who would vote for him?

Devilwin
01-06-2019, 12:40 PM
If you are headed in from down east, don't use business 40, it's closed. Use I 40 to 52..I will have my Met Life ACC Tourney title shirt and a Duke cap. Mary will be in a black shirt with the five titles listed. After the football fiasco, I wanna beat these people bad....Real bad..40 would be nice..

OldPhiKap
01-06-2019, 12:44 PM

I thought the plan was to ride him out of town on a rail.

devildeac
01-06-2019, 12:50 PM
I thought the plan was to ride him out of town on a rail.

Or a Deaconcycle...

hallcity
01-06-2019, 01:06 PM

BTW, there’s a rumor that JT was supposed to be at the Duke-Clemson game last night but cancelled at the last minute.

BandAlum83
01-06-2019, 01:38 PM

JT puts on n incredible show an his dance team is the est in the Biz. You Gould have an amazing time. Enjoy!!

killerleft
01-06-2019, 02:47 PM
If you are headed in from down east, don't use business 40, it's closed. Use I 40 to 52..I will have my Met Life ACC Tourney title shirt and a Duke cap. Mary will be in a black shirt with the five titles listed. After the football fiasco, I wanna beat these people bad...Real bad..40 would be nice..

Business 40 is open all the way to 52. Used it last night on the way to Muddy Creek Music Hall. Go Honeycutters.

DU82
01-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Business 40 is open all the way to 52. Used it last night on the way to Muddy Creek Music Hall. Go Honeycutters.

Business 40 is closed from US 52 west to Peters Creek Pkwy for the next two years to rebuild the road and all bridges in that stretch. You can reach Joel Coliseum via US 52 N to 25th St. (there’re other routes in, of course.)

killerleft
01-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Business 40 is closed from US 52 west to Peters Creek Pkwy for the next two years to rebuild the road and all bridges in that stretch. You can reach Joel Coliseum via US 52 N to 25th St. (there’re other routes in, of course.)

Yep, from the west. I was responding for people from "down east", and should have included that. Thanks.

Furniture
01-06-2019, 05:11 PM
I am waiting to see if I can get a good deal on vivid seats. I have done the same previous years but this year might be tougher (Zion effect).

Tripping William
01-06-2019, 06:17 PM

And devildeac can tell you all about the bowling alley off Akron Avenue..... :o

Indoor66
01-06-2019, 06:49 PM
And devildeac can tell you all about the bowling alley off Akron Avenue.... :o

They must have a beer bar there.😂

Tripping William
01-06-2019, 06:57 PM
They must have a beer bar there.😂

Trading location. His “pickup” lines are awesome .....

devildeac
01-06-2019, 10:43 PM
And devildeac can tell you all about the bowling alley off Akron Avenue... :o

Only if you'd like to be Dead and Berried or fall into The Abyss.

;)

devildeac
01-06-2019, 10:44 PM
Trading location. His “pickup” lines are awesome ...

"Spare" me.

duke2x
01-07-2019, 09:23 AM
If you are headed in from down east, don't use business 40, it's closed. Use I 40 to 52.

I do this every time we play Wake Forest anyway. There is some pointless construction that still might be going on 52 Bus 40 and I-40. Wake just sent me an e-mail about a large crowd. We normally do not sell the place out.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-07-2019, 10:18 AM
I'll be there with my fiancee and my parents:D

Enjoy that!

jv001
01-07-2019, 10:24 AM
As someone mentioned up thread, you can come in on Bus 40 all the way to US 52. From there take US 52 North to Akron Drive. From there you'll need to get with devildeac. :cool: GoDuke!

devildeac
01-07-2019, 10:35 AM
As someone mentioned up thread, you can come in on Bus 40 all the way to US 52. From there take US 52 North to Akron Drive. From there you'll need to get with devildeac. :cool: GoDuke!

More specifically:

https://bowlnorthside.com/

Just off Akron Drive.

;):o

Located a mere 1.9 miles/5 minutes from LJVMC ;).

SavDukeGrad
01-07-2019, 12:18 PM
I’ll be there!

With my daughter who is a Wake grad.

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 12:28 PM
And devildeac can tell you all about the bowling alley off Akron Avenue.... :o

Immediately, my mind goes in the gutter.

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 12:41 PM

I wish I could say that was striking. Alas . . . .

devildeac
01-07-2019, 12:41 PM

I think I'm getting framed here.

But I'm still not able to get off work early enough to get to the Duke @ WFU game tomorrow.

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 12:43 PM
I think I'm getting framed here.

But I'm still not able to get off work early enough to get to the Duke @ WFU game tomorrow.

Don't be such a turkey.

devildeac
01-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Don't be such a turkey.

No strike 1/strike 2? Right to strike 3? You're merciless.

Maybe I'm re-thinking a trip to W-S for the game...

OldPhiKap
01-07-2019, 12:53 PM

You can make it if you just split out of work.

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 12:57 PM

I'm like Madison & Jefferson combined. :o

Come on over. One of my best Deac friends it predicting that 2/3 of tomorrow's crowd will be cheering for Duke or, at minimum, attending just to say they saw the RJ & Zion Show.

kshepinthehouse
01-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Priorities. Who would vote for him?

My wife..and she's a dictator

aimo
01-07-2019, 02:08 PM
If you are headed in from down east, don't use business 40, it's closed. Use I 40 to 52.

I just heard about this. Traffic is bad enough with 40 business open, I can't imagine the nightmares there during rush hour. I always used the Cherry St exit straight to campus.

Oh, and Akron Drive? There used to be an Akron Drive Restaurant - Waffle House-type dive. You could get breakfast (one egg, grits, two biscuits, coffee, plus tip) for $3.

Green Wave Dukie
01-07-2019, 04:05 PM
You can make it if you just split out of work.

OPK, don't try to pin me down here my friend.

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 04:19 PM
I always used the Cherry St exit straight to campus.

Also known as the Robert Montgomery Knight Memorial Hiking Trail (http://articles.latimes.com/1997-03-15/sports/sp-38440_1_bob-knight).

jv001
01-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Also known as the Robert Montgomery Knight Memorial Hiking Trail (http://articles.latimes.com/1997-03-15/sports/sp-38440_1_bob-knight).

I never heard that story on Bob Knight but it sure doesn't surprise me. He was a whacky coach and a bad disposition to go with it. That stretch of road is like the story said, not safe at all. But I imagine Knight could have handled himself pretty well if accosted by a low life. Well if the low life wasn't packing. Thanks for the story. GoDuke!

Tripping William
01-07-2019, 04:40 PM
I never heard that story on Bob Knight but it sure doesn't surprise me. He was a whacky coach and a bad disposition to go with it. That stretch of road is like the story said, not safe at all. But I imagine Knight could have handled himself pretty well if accosted by a low life. Well if the low life wasn't packing. Thanks for the story. GoDuke!

All correct. That stretch of road still isn't particularly safe, and it certainly wasn't safe in 1997.

I was at that set of NCAA Tourney games in Joel. Everyone was anticipating Dean vs. Knight as the matchup in which Dean would break Adolph Rupp's record for career wins. But Chauncey Billups and Colorado had a thing or two to say about it, and the Carter-and-Jamison-as-sophomores team then beat the Buffs in the 2nd Round for Dean to set the record.

Furniture
01-08-2019, 05:33 PM
There will be furniture at the game!!

Tripping William
01-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Three notes:

(1) Last night, the aforementioned RMK Memorial Hiking Trail was as traffic-jammy as I have seen it in a long, long, long time. Maybe since the Tim Duncan days.

(2) Joel was pert near full last night, including the upper level. And lots and lots of it wearing royal blue.

(3) I think the loudest ovation of the evening came when K took Zion out of the game for the final time.

The Zion Effect on full display, IMO (with no pretense of an "H").

CameronBornAndBred
01-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Three notes:

(1) Last night, the aforementioned RMK Memorial Hiking Trail was as traffic-jammy as I have seen it in a long, long, long time. Maybe since the Tim Duncan days.

(2) Joel was pert near full last night, including the upper level. And lots and lots of it wearing royal blue.

(3) I think the loudest ovation of the evening came when K took Zion out of the game for the final time.

From the TV it looked like a home game, away. It reminded me of old Duke/Cheaterlina games in Wallace Wade.

Devilwin
01-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Crowd seemed to be 50/50..Duke represented well. Traffic was horrible. Luckily my son knew every short cut..lol

Green Wave Dukie
01-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Three notes:

Watching on TV last night, I actually wondered if when Zion came out something else had happened, along with K taking him out. The sound of the ovation was THAT noticeable, and quite frankly, I can hardly even believe that cheering was just to recognize an opposing (Duke, no less) player being taken out of the game on the other teams' home court (not that I am in ANY way doubting you, Trippin'). Just amazing.

arnie
01-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Watching on TV last night, I actually wondered if when Zion came out something else had happened, along with K taking him out. The sound of the ovation was THAT noticeable, and quite frankly, I can hardly even believe that cheering was just to recognize an opposing (Duke, no less) player being taken out of the game on the other teams' home court (not that I am in ANY way doubting you, Trippin'). Just amazing.

And the announcers rambled on about something stupid and never noticed. We could hear the ovation over the ramblings.

Tripping William
01-09-2019, 08:04 PM

By that point, most of the Deac faithful were in “drive home safely” mode. Mostly Duke fans applauding.