PDA

View Full Version : www.dukeblueplanet.com

lavell12
10-31-2007, 05:11 PM
www.dukeblueplanet.com

This looks awesome, watch the opening video.

Of Course it doesnt hold up to dukebasketballreport.

juise
10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
My goodness, that video made me miss my days in Cameron.

DevilCastDownfromDurham
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Anybody got a wall for me to run through?

That video was great and I'm really looking forward to the web site and the season. Enough with the acrimonious "old vs. new fans" "Jon v. G" etc. stuff. Let's all gets pumped up for what should be a GREAT season watching some young but extremely talented guys grow into a vintage Duke team.

LET'S

GO

DUKE!

Indoor66
10-31-2007, 06:35 PM
I sent the site address to all my Duke friends. I am psyched and look forward to it's launch on 11/2.

Cameron
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
This site is going to be awesome from the early looks of it. I can't wait to see it in action. The video is amazing and makes me incredibly proud to be a citizen of Duke Nation. How anyone could hate this school is beyond me. It's perfect.

Here

Comes

Duke!

pfrduke
10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
So this is a program sponsored/run site? I wonder if this is part of an effort to reform the media image of Duke a little bit - I vaguely remember K talking this summer about needing to be active in combating some of the haters.

Excellent video though - it passed the goosebump test (although my personal favorite montage video in this regard is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDs4eOO_92c) that ESPN did at the turn of the century - all the incredible athletes, and the Bo Kimble left-handed free throw plus the Shot put it over the top).

SilkyJ
10-31-2007, 11:41 PM
So this is a program sponsored/run site? I wonder if this is part of an effort to reform the media image of Duke a little bit - I vaguely remember K talking this summer about needing to be active in combating some of the haters.

My thoughts exactly. Has to be a part of that, and I dont think K would say hes being combative, although I think I take your meaning. I think what he said was closer to them needing to be proactive with the media to improve our reputation and their perception of us (read: so that we are not viewed as arrogant and elitist).

MCragg
10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Yes - the DukeBluePlanet project is something we have been working on in the basketball program since the Spring. It is definitely an off shoot of our more proactive approach to getting the good news out on our program to the masses, and just as important, to you - our real fans. We have been doing Blue Planet as a magazine for years and we felt that there is so much great stuff to say - we need to re-tool it to a wider audience. Hence - the website. We are fortunate there is so much great stuff to share and tell - and we have the greatest fans and support in the world of college basketball. So, yes, we too are excited for this new direction and, most importantly, for another great season of basketball ahead. Thanks to you all for your support! And we look forward to your input and feedback on the site.

TrueBlue9232
11-01-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm super excited by what I'm seeing and reading. DukeBluePlanet.com, fun stuff for recruits and fans, and now it appears Elliot Williams is coming to Duke in '08. This is great.

Please keep it coming Duke! The website is very cool and the video is amazing. I can't wait to see more. This all definitely puts a "new", hip face to our Blue Devils.

Bluedawg
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes - the DukeBluePlanet project is something we have been working on in the basketball program since the Spring. It is definitely an off shoot of our more proactive approach to getting the good news out on our program to the masses, to our recruits, and just as important, to you - our real fans. We have been doing Blue Planet as a magazine and recruiting tool for years and we felt that there is so much great stuff to say - we need to re-tool it to a wider audience. Hence - the website. We are fortunate there is so much great stuff to share and tell - and we have the greatest fans and support in the world of college basketball. So, yes, we too are excited for this new direction and, most importantly, for another great season of basketball ahead. Thanks to you all for your support! And we look forward to your input and feedback on the site.

Any possibility of getting something like this for the women? if we can spotlight some of these ladies it could help not only in recruiting but with voting for national awards.

BluePlanet28
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
We had been kicking around the idea for a website for several years and everything came together in the Spring as Mike said. I hope this leads to similar coverage for all of our student-athletes. There are certainly schools that win at Duke's level, but I would argue we have the finest student-athletes in the country and some really special coaches. The Blue Devil athletics story and the culture we have are worthy of celebrating and sharing more, and technology now allows for some awesome forms of communication.

The feedback on this thread has been great and we will be excited to hear much more once everything is up and running. It will definitely help direct us as we decide what types of content we need more of.

Dave Bradley
(Recruiting/Communications Coordinator)

wilson
11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Any possibility of getting something like this for the women? if we can spotlight some of these ladies it could help not only in recruiting but with voting for national awards.

Or the football team?;)

phaedrus
11-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Or the football team?;)

How about track/xc?

Who doesn't love a good 10k highlight reel?

jimsumner
11-01-2007, 01:58 PM
"Yes - the DukeBluePlanet project is something we have been working on in the basketball program since the Spring. It is definitely an off shoot of our more proactive approach to getting the good news out on our program to the masses, and just as important, to you - our real fans."

But Mike, everybody knows that K and Duke are stuck in their old ways and never try anything new. :)

ArtVandelay
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
How about track/xc?

Ha, I was going to make a similar joke. As a former team member, I'm anxiously awaiting the publicity video for the oft-overlooked, and thoroughly mediocre, Duke Swim Team. I think this move will be huge for the athletic department. Although now that I think about it, a modicum of funding would probably help more. Go Duke!

Lavabe
11-01-2007, 10:32 PM
How about track/xc?

I'm sure there are a few folks who'd rather not see the track being used for athletic events.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

Cameron
11-02-2007, 12:40 AM
What exactly will "Duke TV" be? Just videos and highlights or perhaps a camera mounted inside Cameron for us DBR faithful to look in on practice from time to time, when we feel suited to?:)

No but seriously, that sounds really cool, whatever it's going to be.

Bluedawg
11-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Bluedawg Any possibility of getting something like this for the women? if we can spotlight some of these ladies it could help not only in recruiting but with voting for national awards.

Or the football team?;)

How about track/xc?

Ha, I was going to make a similar joke. As a former team member, I'm anxiously awaiting the publicity video for the oft-overlooked, and thoroughly mediocre, Duke Swim Team.

Not a fair comparison and i wasn't trying to be funny.

The difference is that the women's team wins on a consistent bases, even went undefeated last year, and still does not consistently get the credit they deserve.

I would love to see them elevated to the status of the men's team.

Cameron
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Sorry to bring this back to the top, but I was just wondering when Blue Planet was actually going to launch? I thought it was today, but I'm getting nothing but the intro video when I go to the site.

Is it just not starting until later in the day or...

Thanks,

Just a very impatient and exicted Blue Devil who is in Heaven right now:)