PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Goulet

Schleimer24
10-31-2007, 03:08 PM
I know that the passing of Robert Goulet yesterday seems a little off topic, but remember those great college basketball commercials he used to do on ESPN? I was looking on YouTube today and forgot that Coach K had made a cameo in one of them. Look quickly at the 10-second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEJSj1TqxA

Remember when ESPN commercials used to be enjoyable?

hurleyfor3
10-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Remember when ESPN commercials used to be enjoyable?

Remember when ESPN used to be?

Indoor66
10-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Schleimer said; "Remember when ESPN commercials used to be enjoyable?"

hurleyfor3, I nominate yours as POST OF THE MONTH.

Schleimer24
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I couldn't agree more! Although, does it get any better than watching Stuart Scott perform a Poetry Jam? That's where I want to get my sports information from.

EarlJam
11-01-2007, 12:59 AM

The Goulet You Tube link (thanks!) got me to searching around a bit more. Not very Earth shattering, but here is a link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=hk9tzyinetA)to a video of the '89 McD's All-Star game, with Hurley and Shaq receiving honors.

Hurley is wearing #14!?

-EarlJam

dukemomLA
11-01-2007, 02:09 AM
I was blessed to see Camelot as a kid. What a wonderful, soaring baritone!! (...before the day when everyone was miked to the hilt with radio mikes).

Recently I've been hired to project manage and catalogue the estate of "Hollywood's photographer of the stars" Wallace Seawell, who died a couple of months ago.

Robert Goulet's photos are among the treasures I am cataloguing for auction by Sotheby's, Christie's and Butterfields. YIKES!! It's amazing. Paul Newman, Billy Eckstine, Pearl Bailey, Ethel Waters, Audrey Hepburn, the Clintons, LBJ, Adlai Stevenson, Ronald & Nancy Reagan, Liz Taylor, Carol Channing (....SO much of Carol since she and her late husband Charles Lowe lived with Wally for years), Ava Gardner, Luci and Desi, George & Gracie, Juliet Prowse, Bette Davis, Ava Gardner, Natalie Wood & Bob Wagner, Jashua Heifetz, Rubenstein, etc. etc. Everyone except Elvis & Marilyn M.

What a gift to get to sort through all this stuff. Check out Wally (if you're interested google Wallace Seawell to find some interesting things). A daunting task as Wally lived in the same house in the Hollywood Hills for over 60 years --- and NEVER discarded ANYTHING.

I will keep my eye out for anything with related to BB or Duke. And if any DBR readers have a "true favorite" from the era of the late 40's through the early/mid 60's, email me at dukemom@hotmail.com. If I am not inundated with emails, I have the OK from the executors to cull what I want, and I will send you an 8x10 (or whatever). Just an offer. Probably off topic, but as this exhausting, dirty work fills days and days for the next several months -- I LOVE DBR enough to try to give a little back. Perhaps Julio or one of the Moderators can figure out a way to "auction" a few pics??

Robert Goulet's soaring voice in Camelot is one of my fondest memories.

DevilAlumna
11-01-2007, 02:30 AM
I was blessed to see Camelot as a kid. What a wonderful, soaring baritone!! (...before the day when everyone was miked to the hilt with radio mikes).

Recently I've been hired to project manage and catalogue the estate of "Hollywood's photographer of the stars" Wallace Seawell, who died a couple of months ago.

Dukemom, between this post and others from the Off-topic board, I must declare:

You. Are. The. Coolest. Woman. Ever.

Oh, and RIP Robert Goulet; his voice made me love Camelot, even if Richard Harris had the prettier eyes.

feldspar
11-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Schleimer said; "Remember when ESPN commercials used to be enjoyable?"

hurleyfor3, I nominate yours as POST OF THE MONTH.

Remember when "Post of the Month" really used to mean something?

jzp5079
11-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Durant is reminding me more and more of Morrison with every touch of the ball he takes. Hes more gifted but his game is translating the same way thus far.

So thus far I am not impressed.

We will see.

Bluedawg
11-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I loved his peanut commercials that said when your energy is down Robert Goulet will come mess with your stuff.

Classic. hope they keep running it! he was a class act!