PDA

View Full Version : Clemson at Duke Game Time?

devilish
12-27-2018, 08:36 AM
When will the game time be announced? I assume it’s an ESPN thing and since I no longer visit their site, I thought I’d ask here. Hard to plan your weekend when you don’t know if you will be attending the game at noon or at 9:00 PM or somewhere in between.

91_92_01_10_15
12-27-2018, 09:20 AM
When will the game time be announced? I assume it’s an ESPN thing and since I no longer visit their site, I thought I’d ask here. Hard to plan your weekend when you don’t know if you will be attending the game at noon or at 9:00 PM or somewhere in between.

It's still showing on goduke and espn.com as "TBD."

Any idea what the holdup is?

tteettimes
12-27-2018, 09:49 AM
1:30 espn

JasonEvans
12-27-2018, 10:22 AM
1:30 espn

Where did you see that? On Jan 5th, TV Guide says ESPN has a Kentucky-Alabama game from 1pm-3pm. The Deuce and ESPNU are similarly occupied during that time. There is a "teams TBA" college basketball game on ESPN at 8pm that night which would seem to be a likely spot for the Duke-Clemson game.

tteettimes
12-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Where did you see that? On Jan 5th, TV Guide says ESPN has a Kentucky-Alabama game from 1pm-3pm. The Deuce and ESPNU are similarly occupied during that time. There is a "teams TBA" college basketball game on ESPN at 8pm that night which would seem to be a likely spot for the Duke-Clemson

OOPS....I was really into today’s game with Temple
MY BAD...SORRY

tbyers11
12-27-2018, 12:25 PM
Where did you see that? On Jan 5th, TV Guide says ESPN has a Kentucky-Alabama game from 1pm-3pm. The Deuce and ESPNU are similarly occupied during that time. There is a "teams TBA" college basketball game on ESPN at 8pm that night which would seem to be a likely spot for the Duke-Clemson game.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this article (https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/10/espns-unrivaled-mens-college-basketball-schedule-to-provide-more-than-2800-games-this-season/) it lists the Duke-Clemson game time as either 2pm or 8pm.

The Kentucky Alabama game listed on that schedule as noon or 1pm appears to be a 1pm tip. It would make sense that Duke-Clemson would then fill the 8pm slot that Jason mentions. I don't know why there is still a hold and they haven't officially announced a tip yet. College Gameday doesn't start until the 19th.

BTW, I would bet $$$ that the TBA tip for the Jan 19th game Virginia @ Duke game will be the College Gameday game with an evening tip.

JasonEvans
12-27-2018, 12:39 PM
I would bet $$$ that the TBA tip for the Jan 19th game Virginia @ Duke game will be the College Gameday game with an evening tip.

Other than that Virginia game, the only other game that would seem to be a potential College Gameday tilt in Cameron would be the Sat Feb 16 game with NC State. I am sure that with all the hype around Zion (and RJ), ESPN wants to come to Cameron for Gameday.

-Jason "put another way, I'm not taking tbyers up on that bet ;) "Evans

MChambers
12-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Other than that Virginia game, the only other game that would seem to be a potential College Gameday tilt in Cameron would be the Sat Feb 16 game with NC State. I am sure that with all the hype around Zion (and RJ), ESPN wants to come to Cameron for Gameday.

I thought speculation was discouraged on this forum? 😉

msdukie
12-27-2018, 02:27 PM
The hold up is NFL Wild Card Weekend. ESPN simulcasts the 1 game ABC gets either Saturday or Sunday. So, you'll have an answer Sunday night.

tbyers11
12-27-2018, 03:01 PM
The hold up is NFL Wild Card Weekend. ESPN simulcasts the 1 game ABC gets either Saturday or Sunday. So, you'll have an answer Sunday night.

Aah. Good point. Thanks

devilish
12-27-2018, 03:12 PM

Makes sense now. I didn’t know espn carried nfl games.

subzero02
12-27-2018, 05:00 PM
Makes sense now. I didn’t know espn carried nfl games.

They even have a fictional football drama series called "playmakers". Season 2 should come out anytime now...

burnspbesq
12-27-2018, 05:15 PM

State is likely to be a 9 p.m. tipoff. ESPN will likely be showing the men’s lacrosse game against Denver at 11 a.m., and will want maximum time to move equipment from Koskinen to Cameron.

awhom111
12-28-2018, 12:26 AM

I think that ESPN is locked into one of the Saturday games with time TBD. It will likely be at 8:00pm if they get the 4:35pm football game or starting sometime between 3 and 5 pm if they get the later football game.

devilseven
12-30-2018, 08:39 PM
I think that ESPN is locked into one of the Saturday games with time TBD. It will likely be at 8:00pm if they get the 4:35pm football game or starting sometime between 3 and 5 pm if they get the later football game.

Any news yet?

jimsumner
12-30-2018, 09:46 PM
The ESPN game Saturday is at 4:35.

August West
12-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Game time is 8PM.

devilish
02-04-2019, 10:42 AM
State is likely to be a 9 p.m. tipoff. ESPN will likely be showing the men’s lacrosse game against Denver at 11 a.m., and will want maximum time to move equipment from Koskinen to Cameron.

What are potential game times for State? Would Gameday return and play at 9:00?

devildeac
02-04-2019, 10:45 AM
What are potential game times for State? Would Gameday return and play at 9:00?

I'm hoping for about a 9/54 chance of this happening...