PDA

View Full Version : Jabari in trouble with Coach Boylen

Pomona
12-27-2018, 12:22 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2285/jabari-parker

Parker has fallen out of the rotation since coach Jim Boylen took over, and couldn't earn minutes tonight despite the absence of Bobby Portis (ankle). Prior to the game, Boylen laid out exactly what Parker must do to crack the rotation. "He needs to lock into practicing hard, playing hard and honoring the values of the team, which I’ve set forth for the team," Boylen said. "Every day is an opportunity to do that."

subzero02
12-27-2018, 12:32 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2285/jabari-parker

Parker has fallen out of the rotation since coach Jim Boylen took over, and couldn't earn minutes tonight despite the absence of Bobby Portis (ankle). Prior to the game, Boylen laid out exactly what Parker must do to crack the rotation. "He needs to lock into practicing hard, playing hard and honoring the values of the team, which I’ve set forth for the team," Boylen said. "Every day is an opportunity to do that."

It sounds like a bad fit for Parker. It definitely isn't a good situation when your coach is calling you out in the press for all to see.

BD80
12-27-2018, 12:42 AM
Wasn't Jabari a key figure in the "players only" meeting that led to complaint to the union about Boylen's tactics?

He set himself up to be the one called out. He needs to be the one hustling and doing the extra effort stuff. But he's making millions, so what do I know?

superdave
12-27-2018, 09:03 AM
Wasn't Jabari a key figure in the "players only" meeting that led to complaint to the union about Boylen's tactics?

He set himself up to be the one called out. He needs to be the one hustling and doing the extra effort stuff. But he's making millions, so what do I know?

Making $20 million this year but wont hustle on defense? Sounds like the coach is challenging him.

If his pride isnt hurt and causes him to start working harder, he's probably going to have to look overseas for his next job.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Making $20 million this year but wont hustle on defense? Sounds like the coach is challenging him.

If his pride isnt hurt and causes him to start working harder, he's probably going to have to look overseas for his next job.

If I were making 20 million to not hustle, I would not bother going overseas for a "next" job, but I am not a professional athlete.

lotusland
12-27-2018, 09:45 AM
If I were making 20 million to not hustle, I would not bother going overseas for a "next" job, but I am not a professional athlete.

Might be time to open the first of many “Jabari Bars” franchises in Durham.

DavidBenAkiva
12-27-2018, 10:25 AM
The Jabari Parker signing over the summer was roundly criticized both in and outside of Chicago as a bad fit. When Head Coach Fred Hoiberg was fired earlier this year, the situation has really come to a head. Jabari is a stretch 4 in the NBA these days but the Bulls want him to be a small forward. He was playing better before Hoiberg was fired. At least he was consistently scoring and providing some playmaking for teammates. The biggest issue is that the Bulls have committed to a youth movement with Wendell Carter, Jr. at the 5 over veteran Robin Lopez and Lauri Markkanen at the 4 over Bobby Portis and Jabari. Parker was getting playing time as both Markkanen and Portis have been dealing with injuries all year. Now that Markannen is back and the Bulls have realized that Parker is not a fit at small forward, they have little use for him. The fact that he doesn't fit with the new head coach, Jim Boylen, is just icing on the cake.

I think there is still a future for Jabari in the NBA as a 6th man. There appears to be some interest in him. He's only signed through the end of the year. I bet the Bulls unload him to Houston or Utah after the All-Star Break for cash or an option to get a future 2nd round pick.

CrazyNotCrazie
12-27-2018, 11:12 AM
The Jabari Parker signing over the summer was roundly criticized both in and outside of Chicago as a bad fit. When Head Coach Fred Hoiberg was fired earlier this year, the situation has really come to a head. Jabari is a stretch 4 in the NBA these days but the Bulls want him to be a small forward. He was playing better before Hoiberg was fired. At least he was consistently scoring and providing some playmaking for teammates. The biggest issue is that the Bulls have committed to a youth movement with Wendell Carter, Jr. at the 5 over veteran Robin Lopez and Lauri Markkanen at the 4 over Bobby Portis and Jabari. Parker was getting playing time as both Markkanen and Portis have been dealing with injuries all year. Now that Markannen is back and the Bulls have realized that Parker is not a fit at small forward, they have little use for him. The fact that he doesn't fit with the new head coach, Jim Boylen, is just icing on the cake.

I think there is still a future for Jabari in the NBA as a 6th man. There appears to be some interest in him. He's only signed through the end of the year. I bet the Bulls unload him to Houston or Utah after the All-Star Break for cash or an option to get a future 2nd round pick.

Thank you for the explanation. Jabari no longer being considered a part of a youth movement at age 23 makes me laugh and feel really old.