PDA

View Full Version : Duke is tied for the most "quad-1" wins so far. Guess who's tied with us?

scottdude8
12-23-2018, 02:39 PM
If you guessed Indiana, you're the winner! I never would've guessed that myself before I looked at the Nitty Gritty of the rankings (which the NCAA does put on their website BTW, pretty nice (https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/SitePages/Home.aspx)). But the Hoosiers have beaten Marquette, Louisville, Butler (neutral site), and Penn State on the road (believe it or not they are in the Top 75, probably buoyed by their surprising upset over VaTech). Kansas could've earned their fourth Q1 win last night but blew it. I'd say it's a pretty good indicator of Duke's resume that not only are we on top of this key seeding indicator, but we also beat the only other team to accomplish that feat.

For those who are interested, Michigan (one of these wins came in the early conference play on the road against Northwestern), Kansas, Marquette, and Belmont (?!?!) are next with three Q1 wins. The two "mid-major" teams who could battle us for a No. 1 seed, Gonzaga and Nevada, have 2 and 1 such wins, respectively. Pretty solid argument for Duke when it comes to seeding against any of these teams on Selection Sunday!

UrinalCake
12-23-2018, 03:37 PM
We just need to avoid the bad losses that come out of nowhere - BC last year, NC State the year before. I know it comes with the territory when you have young teams, but those have kept us from earning #1 seeds.

PackMan97
12-23-2018, 06:21 PM
It is always good to lose to NC state. 😀

Indoor66
12-23-2018, 07:07 PM

Them's fightin words, even from a good guy.

4Gen
12-23-2018, 07:53 PM

If you're those cheating bastids from Chapel Hell.

arnie
12-23-2018, 08:18 PM

Don’t agree with that, bit loss to Pack this year (at home or in ACC tourney) won’t be an awful loss. I think this may be State’s best team in decades. The helter-skelter approach is well suited to his team talent.

PackMan97
12-23-2018, 09:04 PM
I think we'll have to agree to disagree...we certainly shouldn't put it up to a vote ;)

I did notice that NC State with the weakest schedule in the history of forever, does have 2 Quadrant I wins.