PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Player Poll Sweet 16- Grant vs. Trajan

JasonEvans
10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
The final Sweet 16 poll pits the #19 seed, Trajan Langdon against the giant that is #3 seed Grant Hill. Its all-around play versus the deadeye shooter.

--Jason "can Langdon at least keep this close?" Evans

RepoMan
10-31-2007, 09:41 AM
"can Langdon at least keep this close?"

No way

mr. synellinden
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
The final Sweet 16 poll pits the #19 seed, Trajan Langdon against the giant that is #3 seed Grant Hill. Its all-around play versus the deadeye shooter.

--Jason "can Langdon at least keep this close?" Evans

This could be a shutout. I predict at least 92% for G Hill.

killerleft
10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Grant Hill. More Perfect than Shane?

ArkieDukie
10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
If Shane and Grant meet up, that will be a tough call. Both of them, to me, are examples of what is right in college and professional basketball. Both are intelligent, articulate, multi-talented, and just pure class all around. Hard to beat.

monkey
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Grant Hill. More Perfect than Shane?

Wow that's a tough, tough call. BTW, I voted for Trajan in a tip of the cap here. He was great, especially during some bad times. He may get run over by Grant but definitely deserved better than a shut out.

Clipsfan
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
If Shane and Grant meet up, that will be a tough call. Both of them, to me, are examples of what is right in college and professional basketball. Both are intelligent, articulate, multi-talented, and just pure class all around. Hard to beat.

Trajan is all of the above as well.

Fish80
10-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Both these guys are among my favorites. Pure class, and so much fun to watch. Hard to vote against either one. Remember Trajan's 35 point performance at home versus Clemson? I think that was the game where he got popped in the lip with an elbow. But how can anyone not vote for Grant?

juise
10-31-2007, 01:06 PM
This could be a shutout. I predict at least 92% for G Hill.

Good prediction... after my vote, it's 92.4%.

mapei
10-31-2007, 02:04 PM
What Fish80 said.

johnb
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Trajan peaked a while back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trajan

camion
10-31-2007, 05:08 PM
I love Trajan, but how can you vote against Grant? I couldn't.

johnb
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I love Trajan, but how can you vote against Grant? I couldn't.

92% couldn't.

One of the problems with Trajan's candidacy is that he was/is a nice guy, but Grant was/is famous for being a nice guy. Trajan has a great name, but Grant was named by Roger Staubach, for God's sake. Trajan was a math major and son of an academic who would have likely been accepted to Duke if he hadn't played hoops. Grant was--I seem to recall--his high school's school's valedictorian, player of excellent piano, and had two famous/rich parents. Trajan shoveled Alaskan snow to practice, and Grant--at least as of a couple of years ago--had never tasted alcohol, and his art collection travels the world. My hunch is that if he hadn't had his injuries, Grant would be the odds on overall favorite. Of course, if Trajan had hit a miracle shot at the end of the ugh game, he'd be getting more than 8%

mr. synellinden
10-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Of course, if Trajan had hit a miracle shot at the end of the ugh game, he'd be getting more than 8%

Unless Dawkins pulls an upset, the final four will all be NCAA title winners. Nor surprising. How far would Elton have gone if Trajan hit that shot? (Of course then Shane would have two titles) How far would JJ go if they don't collapse against UConn in 2004 and go on to beat GT?

JasonEvans
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
This poll is closed... and DAMN what an impressive win by Grant.

--Jason "onto the Great 8!" Evans