PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Stetson (Dec 1, 2018)

JBDuke
12-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Stetson tonight?

slower
12-01-2018, 09:08 PM
I voted for RJ, but wouldn't be surprised to see J-Rob make it close. :p

niveklaen
12-01-2018, 09:24 PM
12-14 from the field - shot selection/field goal percentage is the only knock against him

jv001
12-01-2018, 09:34 PM
24 pts. 12-14, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 TO, 4 steals. Those numbers speak for themselves. RJ for MOTM. GoDuke!

weezie
12-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Me. It was me. I am nearly passed out from this cold yet I managed to stay awake for the victory.
Go me. :cool:

westwall
12-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Me. It was me. I am nearly passed out from this cold yet I managed to stay awake for the victory.
Go me. :cool:

I would surely vote for you, but I am precluded. This is MOTM only. Sorry! (Yes, it’s discriminatory!)

Talk to the Mods. Maybe next year!

OldPhiKap
12-01-2018, 10:39 PM
I’m voting for the managers. The speed, desire and go-get-‘em attitude clearly led the team.

Furniture
12-02-2018, 12:06 AM
How many times will we see those stats from Justin?

BD80
12-02-2018, 11:12 AM
How many times will we see those stats from Justin?

Do you mean 5-5 from the field and 3-3 from 3? Except for the missed free throw, we haven't seen that kind of performance since Laettner eviscerated Kentucky!

Or 13 points and 1 rebound? As JRob gets more time in games (maybe next year) I could see him getting such numbers regularly!

accfanfrom1970
12-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Do you mean 5-5 from the field and 3-3 from 3? Except for the missed free throw, we haven't seen that kind of performance since Laettner eviscerated Kentucky!

Or 13 points and 1 rebound? As JRob gets more time in games (maybe next year) I could see him getting such numbers regularly!

Plus he literally did it front of his dad. If you weren’t there the Admiral was in the 2nd row of seats under the basket at the Duke bench end of the court. He couldn’t stop smiling (I got to sit in row c of section 19). Then the throw out of bounds that Mr. Robinson catches and the crazies serenade him with “he’s still got it,” it was a great night for the Robinsons.

BD80
12-02-2018, 11:28 AM
24 pts. 12-14, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 TO, 4 steals. Those numbers speak for themselves. RJ for MOTM. GoDuke!

In 17 minutes.

Over 40 minutes, that stat line would read 56 pts, 16 rebounds, 16 assists, 9 steals.

Gotta pick RJ

MChambers
12-02-2018, 11:29 AM

What were Zion and R.J. calling him on the postgame video: Baby Admiral?

OldPhiKap
12-02-2018, 11:34 AM
What were Zion and R.J. calling him on the postgame video: Baby Admiral?

Yup. Great!

Native
12-02-2018, 11:39 AM

This is the take-home stat, IMO. Yes, Stetson ain't exactly world-beaters, but in a game like this it would have been very easy for RJ to hunt his own shot. I noticed him looking much more willing to share the rock in transition and in offensive sets, which is a great sign for his development.

HereBeforeCoachK
12-02-2018, 11:50 AM
This is the take-home stat, IMO. Yes, Stetson ain't exactly world-beaters, but in a game like this it would have been very easy for RJ to hunt his own shot. I noticed him looking much more willing to share the rock in transition and in offensive sets, which is a great sign for his development.

I would agree with this ^^^ - and I had predicted after the Gonzaga game that if RJ took a few less shots and worked through Zion, he would have more efficiency and even more points. I think this is playing out the last two games (small body of work admittedly).

gep
12-02-2018, 12:02 PM

Yes... RJ for me too :cool:

Ima Facultiwyfe
12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
I can't vote. I just can't. So many high wire acts on offense and great tenacity on defense But, honestly -- that "thread the needle" pass Tre made from midcourt between two defenders to a streaking Zion for a dunk was something we never even saw Hurley do!! If I had to vote, that alone would make him "the man".

Love, Ima

HereBeforeCoachK
12-02-2018, 07:44 PM
I can't vote. I just can't. So many high wire acts on offense and great tenacity on defense But, honestly -- that "thread the needle" pass Tre made from midcourt between two defenders to a streaking Zion for a dunk was something we never even saw Hurley do!! If I had to vote, that alone would make him "the man".

Love, Ima

That was a thing of beauty....but let's not forget Zion's thread the needle to RJ.....I think in Maui.

johnb
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM

Love, Ima

I voted for RJ on the front page (an all time Duke stat line!) and for Robinson in this poll (may be the last chance to vote for him this season!), but in the text, I'm going with Cam. If he can consistently play at a super elite level, we are going to be very difficult to beat, and so I'd want to encourage him however possible.

Easier would be Moment of the Match:

the bounce pass was awesome, and totally playing within their skills sets.

sagegrouse
12-03-2018, 12:59 PM
I voted for RJ on the front page (an all time Duke stat line!) and for Robinson in this poll (may be the last chance to vote for him this season!), but in the text, I'm going with Cam. If he can consistently play at a super elite level, we are going to be very difficult to beat, and so I'd want to encourage him however possible.

Easier would be Moment of the Match:

the bounce pass was awesome, and totally playing within their skills sets.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Based on the intelligence of your many other posts, we can assume your diverse votes are not "foolish."

I believe Emerson made that remark when he spoke at Duke when I was there. But maybe I am thinking of Jules Pfeiffer.

kAzE
12-03-2018, 03:53 PM
I mean, I understand he's won too many of these already, but the man had 17 points on 7/9 shooting, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 5 (FIVE) steals in 18 minutes and can't get 1 vote? Dude was on pace for an easy triple double with steals.

Tough crowd :p

curtis325
12-04-2018, 07:18 AM
I mean, I understand he's won too many of these already, but the man had 17 points on 7/9 shooting, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 5 (FIVE) steals in 18 minutes and can't get 1 vote? Dude was on pace for an easy triple double with steals.

As I've mentioned before, Zion is my default vote (I've only deviated once to vote for Bolden). I did not see one second of the Stetson game, so I was not going to make a choice in this poll, but kAzE makes a good point. Who knows? If Zion plays 30 minutes, he might have had a quad double. Count one absentee ballot for Zion!

niveklaen
12-04-2018, 08:58 AM

normally that would be worth a vote, but RJ pulled a Lebron - 27 (12-14), 7,7, and 4 steals in 17 minutes - so no, ZION cant get a vote. :cool: