PDA

View Full Version : An incredible interview with Bobby Knight

Lord Ash
11-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Hey all,

Not sure if folks saw it (the original came out some years ago) but if you haven't read the Playboy interview with Bobby Knight, you are missing an INCREDIBLE piece of sports journalism. The reporter and Knight took a road trip together, and it was... well, fascinating.

https://playboysfw.kinja.com/on-the-road-with-americas-angriest-man-an-interview-w-1547655013

I believe he threatens the interviewer at least twice.

wavedukefan70s
11-28-2018, 10:15 AM
Great read .thank you.

cato
11-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Hey all,

Not sure if folks saw it (the original came out some years ago) but if you haven't read the Playboy interview with Bobby Knight, you are missing an INCREDIBLE piece of sports journalism. The reporter and Knight took a road trip together, and it was... well, fascinating.

https://playboysfw.kinja.com/on-the-road-with-americas-angriest-man-an-interview-w-1547655013

I believe he threatens the interviewer at least twice.

I like how the link says “sfw” right in the url. Still think I’ll avoid the click.

Any particular insight?

Lord Ash
11-28-2018, 11:15 AM
I like how the link says “sfw” right in the url. Still think I’ll avoid the click.

Any particular insight?

That he is so insanely angry and out of control, and he feels so aggrieved... everything is everyone elses fault. He LITERALLY knows that he is on tape, mid interview, and positively goes OFF on the interviewer, cursing and swearing... at one point he turns around in the front seat of the car and starts wrestling with the reporter in the back seat, trying to get his tape recorder. The other guy in the car (a coach who is friends with Knight) eventually calms them down, and then has to leave them alone for the next three hours, and tells the reporter "Stay in the back seat. Bobby, you can drive." They agree, but as soon as the friend leaves Knight makes the reporter get back in the front seat, because "I'm not going to be your I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing chaffeur."

Its really an amazing interview. It is SO so rare to get someone who is SO open, and for SOOOO long... it's done over like two days.

Billy Dat
11-28-2018, 12:58 PM
This was GREAT! Reading it my head in Knight's voice added to the entertainment x100. Knight is a Neanderthal, but I do fear the elimination of characters like him in our "managed image" media-driven society.