PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Michigan reference in the front page article...

scottdude8
11-25-2018, 02:39 PM
First of all, thanks to the DBR family for providing me a little pick me up after that stinker of a football Saturday ;)

Secondly, let me add an amen to that sentiment from someone who (obviously) watches a ton of U of M basketball! Almost everyone, even my diehard Wolverine family, scoffed at me when I said this team might be better than last year’s. I’m crossing my fingers the game against UNC might be the final piece of evidence for that! Michigan’s defense is indeed scary (Zavier Simpson is the best on-ball defensive PG in the country IMHO, and we can defend both with a 7-1 mobile center in Teske or with a more small-ball lineup when Isaiah Livers is at the 5 without any major loss), and while the offense isn’t where it usually is for a Beilein team at this point, the pieces are all there (Charles Matthews is fantastic taking it to the hoop, there are shooters off the bench, Zavier is a great distributor, and the “other” star Canadian freshman is inching towards potential one-and-done status), and Beilein is notorious for having his teams improve massively over the course of the year.

100% a legit final four contender and I’m glad to see I’m not alone in that sentiment!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-25-2018, 02:41 PM
100% a legit final four contender and I’m glad to see I’m not alone in that sentiment!

Assumed this was a football reference. Was very disappointed yesterday. Love to watch Urban Meyer lose. Dang.

scottdude8
11-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Assumed this was a football reference. Was very disappointed yesterday. Love to watch Urban Meyer lose. Dang.

Haha certainly not anymore!

indy1duke
11-25-2018, 09:01 PM

I attended the game and was very pleased with the outcome. If not this year when will Michigan win? We love Urban. He is 7 and 0 against Michigan.

Back to Duke basketball.

ehdg
11-25-2018, 09:18 PM

Still upset how bad we/Duke played yesterday but least my Buckeyes once again took care of business n beat that team from the North! Nothing like kicking their butts! So happy Urban is following so well in Coach Tressel’s dhoes buy not losing to the maze n gold!

OldPhiKap
11-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Can’t stand Michigan. Can’t stand the OSU. Hope to enjoy both sitting out of the playoffs.

Mike Corey
11-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Nice to meet all you Buckeye fans.

Love the Bucks--not Urban, whose retirement is imminent IMO.

Can't explain what happened yesterday.

Really feel for all you Michigan fans. A lot of us in Columbus assumed this was your year.

devildeac
11-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Our third grandchild (second grandson) was born at tOSU Wexner Medical Center on Thanksgiving Day at 23:59:24 and received one of these the next AM:

(sorry for small photo-best I could find and post :o)

Here's the link/article with better photos:

https://fox8.com/2018/11/20/buckeye-babies-sport-adorable-gear-as-ohio-state-gets-ready-to-take-on-michigan/